Keeping a kitten alive

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow just read this whole thread! You've done a great job with jasper and Amazing Tobi had a kitten aged 13! How is she doing? Xx
o

That takes some dedication! Tobis doing well, I was out with her the other day, she was rolling around in that grass purring.

I got worm meds for jasper as well, so all is good.

Update on lily: she was rehomed awhile ago, just talked to her new family, she is doing great and they love her very much.

Her being rehomed was very good for my boys as well my 5yr old boy Dexter who is normally a recluse is always it and about now, and jasper is a very intrusively affectionate boy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so happy that Tobi is doing as well as she is.  Goodness, that's a Grande Old Dame!

Also wonderful that Lily is thriving in her new home.  Apparently she was very alpha, and now that she is queening it over a different castle, the boys are out, about, and showing their true personalities!  What a lovely outcome for all involved, human AND cats!

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's great to hear about everything[emoji]128578[/emoji] I rescued a cat called Trixie some years ago. She was about 12 and a half. My then boyf now ex bought a flat and the man we bought from looked us dead in the eye and told us how he'd like us to adopt her as he couldn't take her with him and loved her etc. Obviously I said yes. This was a 6th floor flat the top floor in london with a roof area so cat had never known grass, anything! After a few weeks we got her to come to us as she was VERY wary. Once we managed to stroke her we found this large lump in her belly. Long story short I split with boyf a few weeks later, took myself and Trixie down to my parents in Bournemouth, took Trixie to the vet and they found 2 things: 1. The stomach lump was a golf ball sized cancerous tumour. 2. There was another lump in her chest that vets said could only be caused by - and I'm still in total disbelief at this - someone kicking her in the chest and her internal organs coming somewhat out through her chest.... The poor, poor girl, no idea how long she had been like that... I wonder if that not so sincere man had done it and that's why she was so wary of her... Anyway obviously she had no insurance, I was between work and had always been freelance, had hardly any money but about £600 later and I paid the extra £80 to test whether the tumour was malignant or benign... It was benign.., yay!! The vets sorted out her poor chest, removed the tumour... My parents didn't want a cat sadly but I had a friend who wanted a companion for his other 12 ish yr old rescue cat jazz... So he adopted her... I would've loved to have kept her but didn't have a long term home then as was about to move back to a rented place in london ... He said she pretty much hid under a bed for 3 weeks... But after then... She came out... Played... Loads... Discovered mice... Grass... Birds... Neighbouring cats!!! She had a lovely life!! She went to live with his friends parents in Nottinghamshire when he moved to Thailand about 4 years later and she died peacefully aged approx 17. [emoji]128578[/emoji][emoji]128578[/emoji] so happy to have helped her live her last days happily [emoji]128578[/emoji][emoji]128578[/emoji] got tears in my eyes thinking about it. Really hope for the same for your Tobi. If you can build her immune system it will help her cancer. I've written other posts about Transfer Factor; I'll write more here another time if you want / are interested or just search for transfer factor in this forum. It's amazing stuff. I've taken it myself so has my boyfriend, it cured one of our cats ongoing face bite infection when 4 rounds of vet antibiotics did sweet FA... Other than holding it at bay for the drug period... Can't recommend it highly enough... Don't just take my word for it though, read what others say about it. It's worth the money and might really help Tobi. Would be a wonderful way to thank her for giving you your beautiful jasper xxx

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Guess what day it is! If my calculations and the date in my phone is correct, its jaspers birthday!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Happy Birthday, Jasper!

:party::party3::banana1: :bday:

Wow! A year old already. :winkcat:

How's mama Toby doing?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday, Jasper :party2: .. wow.. an entire year.. time really flies..
We need more pictures!! and the ultimate question: Is he still nursing from your dog??? :crackup:

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Momma cat had to be put to sleep. The cancer tumor rapidly grew and she stopped eating :-(

As for jasper, i thought he had stopped nursing but I won't up the other night to a suckling noise and sure enough jasper as attached to Stella trying to get milk.

Attachments

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pic 1: I caught him sleeping in Stellas crate
Pic 2: random meowing from an unknown local. After 20 mins of searching he made his way into the drop ceiling.
Pic 3: him and his brother
Pic 4: spying on everyone from behind the blind.
Pic 5: one of two of his normal sleeping position, rhe otger is with his head dangling of the edge of something
Pic 6: trying to steal my tea.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I see that Jasper is a royal mess - getting into everything! He is such a handsome boy! :lovecat2:

I'm sorry to hear about his mama, Toby, but I know she enjoyed her last few months going outside. I still can't believe she had Jasper at her age!

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm shocked as well. I do believe the cancer is whey she was unable to provide milk for him in the first place, it was just too small at that point to be noticeable to us, being untrained in such things. But she was a good kitty and passed on a treat!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She sure did! She gave you a wonderful legacy, that your dedication to feeding kept him alive. He was such an adorable little kitten too!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
oh, so sad to hear about Toby, but she did have a good life.. and gave you Jasper.
What a character! still love him.. and still nursing.. You dog is so special. unbelievable story..

Please keep posting some pictures.. as you are able to do so.. We have all fallen in love with Jasper!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Tobi, dream you deep! What a beautiful legacy you left behind!

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw, so glad jasper is ok and really sorry to hear about Tobi - she sounds like she had a good life though xx bless you all xxx

alexp08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What kind of worms are these?

And they are worms, I saw them moving :-/