Keep Mamanyt1953 in your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Margret Margret Thank you very much for all your help in keeping us updated on Bek. We've all been worried about our dear friend and many of us share a one-on-one friendship with her through TCS. 🤗 Although I never personally had a stroke I witnessed what my father went through when he suffered a CVA and you're so right about hospitals not being restful places. Until someone has experienced this firsthand I don't think they realize the impact it has on their body.

Last edited by a moderator:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I think cards are nice, for now... Sadly, I feel a long road... Right now Bek is concentrating on rest.. and healing her body...

I think cards also give her physical things to concentrate on... and a variety of things, instead of constantly looking at TV, or out the window.. She can stick them up on the walls.. if allowed..
Like a wall paper~~~ and a surprise every day..

Just my thoughts... At least from when I was in the hospital.. the days were very long.. TV is just too much after a while.. and I am sure the nights are long for her.. unless she is napping, which she should be doing. It is so hard to get any rest in the hospital. I had to use ear plugs, which they supplied.. but I do ton think Bek can use them.

Opening cards may even be similar to a kind of physical therapy, to her hands... and her mind.. she can remember who we all are.... and know how much she means to us..

Last edited by a moderator:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad that Bek is doing better. She does so much for her ferals and helping people in this forum. I would very much like to make a donation toward getting her a subscription to a meal service or help for her ferals or her favorite shelter. I'll keep checking here to see what you guys decide what to do.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Update from Nurse...
Bek is doing well.. Stoke has left no impairments.. She is suffering from an episode of gout.
The flowers look nice.. One is a cat!!
Bek is well liked. They have all come to realize how special a person she is...
She talks of us a lot. Her nurse knows all about TCS...

So, I say, send the Cards!! We can plan on having at least one floral arrangement in her room.. as each one dies..
That is, if anyone wants to send one..
How does that sound?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone, I’m about to go offline for the rest of the day, because I still have to put my computer back together (long story, which I won’t burden you with here). I just want to say one thing before I go.

Bek’s stroke has been extremely difficult for all of us, but life doesn’t quit because of a crisis like this. We still have to feed ourselves and our loved ones; we still have to do our jobs (those of us who have them); we have projects that need to be done, and none of that has gone away or become less urgent because our beloved friend is in the hospital.

I don’t know about you, but I’m currently running on caffeine, adrenaline, and too little sleep. My temper is starting to fray (not at anyone here, but I’m seriously angry at a company that sent me the wrong computer part), and I’m finding it very easy to snap at people.

Please, if you’re in the same circumstance, before you snap at a friend take a time out. Listen to some music, or get a snack, or take a purr break. And once you feel better, then come back to whatever was bothering you. I believe it will make life easier for all of us if we do that.

Margret

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, my brain is complete mush... it is fried...

I hope everyone understand that we are all in the same position.. We all love Bek and want to do what is the best for her.. Distance does not help..

Please be tolerant of each other.. we are here because we care... Yes, do think twice or threee times before getting angry or upset at anyone...

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad that Bek is doing better. She does so much for her ferals and helping people in this forum. I would very much like to make a donation toward getting her a subscription to a meal service or help for her ferals or her favorite shelter. I'll keep checking here to see what you guys decide what to do.
****MOD NOTE: This thread is for posting updates and well wishes for Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 . If you are looking for ideas on how to help her, please visit this thread -

How to help mamanyt1953 - Brainstorming
muffy muffy , your comment was posted before the change in threads, but I just thought that I ought to emphasize that there is now a separate thread for figuring out what we can do to help.

And...
I’m probably off for the rest of the day again. I have an appointment in an hour and a half, and then I have to get back to the computer repair from, ummm, the litter box (plagued by wrong parts, difficult plugs, missing screws, a cat who wants desperately to help - the same way she helps me read books and type, and total confusion).

I’ll check in here when I get home from my appointment, but after that, we’ll see.

Margret

Last edited:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it was difficult but the laptop is finally back together again, and, better yet, it's working properly which means I didn't totally mess it up (which was in doubt for a while).

I think I'll celebrate with grilled cheese sandwiches and then go to bed early.

Bek's son is on his way to her, which comforts me; it means there will be someone there who can effectively advocate for her. Not that I mistrust the doctors and nurses, I'll just feel better if there's at least one person with direct access and no need to split his attention between Bek and other patients.

Bek is sitting up in bed, which must be accounted a major victory, and she says to tell everyone that she's still herself, her mind is intact, and she'll be back. She loves the cards, letters, and flowers that she's received from everyone. Again, if you want to send her something, PM me for the address.

Good night, all. Rest easy; Bek is on the mend.

Margret

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
well this certainly makes me feel better knowing that her son will be there for her . and yay to her being able to sit up in bed too . strokes are very hard on the body. I had one back in 2012 and they said it was due to a blood clot in my brain . took me a whole month to recover though

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone, we’ve begun receiving private messages requesting Bek’s home address. Please note that we are not giving out this kind of personal information. Her address in the hospital, for cards and flowers and such, is available for the asking, but that’s a temporary thing — it will disappear as soon as Bek’s been discharged. A home address is permanent, for the most part, and one can’t tell the post office to block physical spam mail.

So, if you want Bek’s home address, send Bek herself a PM asking for it. By the time she’s able to go home to receive your mail she’ll also be able to get back on TCS (and we all know that’s the first thing she’ll do after greeting Hekitty and checking on her ferals), and she can make her own decisions about who she wants to have that information. But I would advise that you should have a very good reason for needing it before you ask; Bek is also perfectly capable of blocking you on TCS if you make yourself annoying about it.

Margret

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
i called Bek today and she told me that she will be going home monday afternoon .
That's better than great news, I'm head over heels that she will be able to come home. :woohoo:

I sent her something special on Friday so my question is - does anyone know if the mail that was sent to her in the hospital will be forwarded to her home?

Status
Not open for further replies.