Keep Kittens Cool Inside?

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We had to move the kittens from the downstairs bathroom to the upstairs bedroom. We dont have central air. How do i keep them cool? Im freezing water bottles. Anything else to make sure they dont over heat? the are about 10 weeks old

FourCuteCats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
you could always use fans or buy tiles for them to lay on. those are ways i know to keep rabbits cool, but they'd probably work for kittens just as well.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I would be more concerned about the kittens getting too cold if you're using frozen water bottles. Normal body temperature for cats is 101-102F, considerably warmer than humans, so they tolerate heat better than cold.

What is the temperature in the room where the kittens are located? I keep my house at about 85F in the summer because I don't like A/C. At that temperature my cats still look for any sunny spots they can find to lay in.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had to move the kittens from the downstairs bathroom to the upstairs bedroom. We dont have central air. How do i keep them cool? Im freezing water bottles. Anything else to make sure they dont over heat? the are about 10 weeks old
Does it need to be a permanent move, to the upstairs? Since lower floors are almost always cooler than upstairs, could you just move them back downstairs when the temperatures become too hot outside (and in)?