KC the Pregnant Stray

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have a good plan.  Can you foster for the rescue?  They would take care of medical costs and some provide food and supplies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I want to foster, but my landlord wont allow it. I am hoping I can talk him into letting me foster a caged animal.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, it seems you're already "fostering" orphan kittens on your own, so I'm not quite sure what the difference is. A rescue would help with the costs and the re-homing, and they might not give you as many kittens as you have now. You should consider it! :)

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I cannot foster dogs or cats because I already have some of my own. The landlord told us we could have any animal other than horses and cattle, but when we got animals he got really upset which is why fostering might be a no go. In a few months I will ask him and see if he is okay with it. I am definitely donating whenever I am able though.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, this pair are adorable.  Thank goodness they have a home with you now, it sounds like their little lives have been very hard up until now. :-(

The little gray boy looks to me about 6 weeks thought the girl a bit younger maybe - or perhaps that's just the look of the fur on her belly.  Her eyes do look like they are loosing their kitten blue so maybe she is.   Wondering if she isn't a pretty little Tortie girl rather than all black?  I'm sure she has some lovely honey fur in there. 

Good luck negotiating with the landlord, some help with costs would be good, esp as KC needs good food.

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are litter mates so they are the same age. She does have orange in her fur, I just couldn't remember what it was called. Kasey is on a really good food. The wet food isn't that good but she eats more kibble. She is on Taste of the wild right now. I make dog treats and I am going to take some to the shelter.

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The two older kittens are getting fixed on the 19th I was thinking about getting Kasey fixed then as well. Her 5 babies will be 6 weeks old then. I do not want her to get pregnant again and this is the soonest that the older two can get fixed. She could get fixed then, right?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it's best she go ahead and get spayed then. Her kittens will be fine.

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kasey couldn't get fixed when I wanted. There was a mix up and the appointment was never made. Though she and all of the females and 1 male have an appointment for the 14th of October. Two of the males have been fixed and are looking for homes. Now I have a question. Does ear wax mean ear mites? At least I always thought it was ear wax. If they are ear mites is there a way to do a home remedy?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
That does look more like mites than ear wax to me.   I've always got stuff from the vets to treat it though.  They might be willing to talk to you over the phone about it, esp if you can send them a photo like the one you have posted here.

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay. With rabbits you put a little bit of oil in their ears to drown the ear mites, will this work for them as well?

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pip is from Kasey's first litter. She has recently started doing this thing with her mouth and I was wondering if anyone has come across this happening before? Sorry the video is upside down, I am not sure what happened. The noise you hear while/ after she did it is me clicking my tongue.

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't see the video, but I agree with the other posters.  The pic looks exactly like what they showed me when my cat had ear mites.  It was a really simple fix, just some drops the vet gave me, not that expensive.  Would be wary of using oil.  Perhaps the shelter can help you out as they treat this sort of thing all the time.

Last edited:

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oops. Hold on I will fix the video settings.

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay you should be able to see it now.

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That doesn't look normal to me. It could be neurological, but it could also be that something in her mouth is bothering her. Can she see a vet?

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is what I was thinking. I was hoping someone on her might possibly know what is going on. She can, I just do not want them to milk me for money. She has been doing it for a few days. It doesn't seem to affect her at all. She used to do something like that when she woke up, her sister does it to. But it was more like when a cat is hunting something and they are talking to it.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
One of my cats sometimes does a similar thing with his mouth. He is FIV+ and gets sores in his mouth from time to time. He needs regular dental treatment to take care of the few teeth he has left. Usually sticking his tongue out or making that chattering motion with his mouth is a sign that his mouth is hurting him again.

Could you get a vet to check her mouth?