Just Curious How Long Long/fluffy Her Fur Will Get

candicew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We adopted Rosemary about eight weeks ago or so so she's around maybe 19 or so weeks she was fluffier than any tabby boys that we adopted and were told that she was a medium hair . we also adopted an older maine coon/mix and she is fluffy as well . I just wonder if Rosemary's coat to grow in longer and thicker over time?

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I agree, a medium shorthair domestic tabby. She has a very sweet expression. :) 19 weeks is still young but I do notice a fluffy tail which makes me think she may have a medium fluffy coat as she matures. Did you actually see one or both of the parents? Does she have any tufts of fur on her toes? I didn't see it on her ears but perhaps that will develop later as well. In any case, Rosemary is adorable. :bluepaw:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most medium-haired cats will grow a thick luxurious coat in the winter and then lose it all in the summer and look mostly short-haired on the body (tail will still be fluffy). She may not get a full winter coat her first winter but probably every winter after this she will.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candicew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thank you
I agree, a medium shorthair domestic tabby. She has a very sweet expression. :) 19 weeks is still young but I do notice a fluffy tail which makes me think she may have a medium fluffy coat as she matures. Did you actually see one or both of the parents? Does she have any tufts of fur on her toes? I didn't see it on her ears but perhaps that will develop later as well. In any case, Rosemary is adorable. :bluepaw:
Yes I saw her mom but not her dad. she was a barn kitten and her mom, out of all things, looked very much like a bengal! that is were she gets those eyes from.. as well as her spotted belly! Her daddy must of hand a med coat. Yes she she some foot tufts. If you zoom in the the pic, you can see the little one there on the back paw showing. And yes her tail is very fluffy.. just a week passes it gets fluffier and fluffier LOL