Just asking for prayers for my Blackie my feral who passed a month ago. I'm very worried I won't be able to keep up the grief.

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been reading the Bible daily and think his loss is a signal to me to join him sooner than later. Please pray for him and me too that I can make it thru the 1st Christmas ever without my baby, Blackie. :) Thank you for your kindness and thoughtfulness.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Talking about prayers and be comforted in your sorrow.

In such situations I do pray to, and in name of Barney of Guernsey, "the Cemetary cat", whom during 20 years did bring comfort and soothing to mourning people on the cemetary he patronized and protected... Google him up.

Nay, I dont think Blackie signals to you to follow him. Even if you WILL have protection and guidance there by Blackie. But you do have the same protection of him here too; Im sure he does protects you. They do, our beloved cats and dogs we did helped and loved.

My guess is, soon enough you will be joined by some other "protegé", whom comes to you, perhaps seeking your help. OR you will met by your own initiative and adopt someone whom needs to be adopted. Perhaps from a high kill shelter?? This one, or these ones, will be sent to you by Blackie. Just hold your eyes open.

Rubbish? "Old wifes tale"? Nay, this happens surprisingly often, more often than just pure coincidence...

Greetings and warm hugs! M movinintime

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My soul hurts for your pain, I am too familiar with the pain you are experiencing right now, I have mourned deeper and longer for my feline losses than many humans who were close to me. I think it is because they are so innocent, so all accepting of us and our love. One of this earth's greatest treasures is receiving a cat's love, it is not given lightly. It is always earned, not forced upon. The bible can be a great source of comfort. Or it should be. As for you joining your little one, no one can predict when that would be, a thousand years is a blink of the eye to God and His wisdom. I think your mission here on earth is to help those little ones under your care. There are so many, here now and yet to come, that need someone like you to bring comfort and care in this uncaring world. yes, there will be tragedies. There will be horrible accidents and even some of them our fault. but there is no denying the love and wanting only the best for our little ones. That overshadows any mistakes we make because THAT is the most important thing in these sweet creatures' lives. Your Blackie wants only the best of this world for you, simply because he loves you. You should go forward into the future living your life as you would have wanted for Blackie to go on. As you would want for him if you were the first to go. Not in perpetual sadness and sending tears to him, but loving life as he did, to its fullest and sending him thoughts and prayers of love and thankfulness for him being in your life for a while.
Love is meant to bring happiness, not pain. Of course, the pain of loss will come. it comes to everyone sooner or later. Some comes sooner than it should. But none of us are guaranteed a tomorrow. To cut this time short or to spend our time here in sorrow would be a tragedy beyond compare. You are a good person, this is known because you grieve so deeply, your hurt is as deep as your love. Give your grief time. time to think clearly again, time to realize that though your world has stopped right now, it does continue to go on. there will be a sunrise tomorrow morning, bringing life and warmth once more after a cold dark night. Do things that make you feel good about yoruself once more. give a small donation to yoru local humane society, or take in a little one that so desperately needs someone to love. and do it all in Blackie's name. It is a great honor for him to be mourned and loved, let his sweet love help you to find the road to peace. He will alwyas be near, he will be with you every step of the way. Because love does not end with death, it is eternal. Be gentle on yoruself. Time is the ONLY thing that helps with a grieving heart. But relying on God's strength and love and asking for Blackie to send his own will help you through this. Although your life has changed forever, it can be a strating point for something even stronger, even better, with their help. Although it seems impossible right now, you WILL find happiness again. (I know because it took me years to get to that point, i want it hekp in any way I can to make it sooner for the newly broken hearted) but you have to give yourself permission to take that first step, and keep stepping. one foot forward and one day at a time.......RIP preciosu Blackie. You will NEVER be forgotten, you will ALWAYS have a secure place in a loving herat. May the good Lord accept you into His arms where you will find peace and comfort, until you meet again!

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Blackie, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

This is the deepest truth I know...love never dies, it only changes form, is purified and translated, and continues on, still Love. And Love abides, always, forever, Love abides. From his new home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, Blackie blesses you, and he sends his Love back to you, to walk with you down through all of your days, until, in the fullness of time, you meet again. And I agree with StefanZ StefanZ . I think it quite possible that when your weary heart has healed just a bit, you will find that Blackie has arranged for another companion for you. It happens more often than you can ever know.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
M movinintime I hope you're OK.

:hugs:

When I lost Chicken just a few days after Christmas 2 years ago all I wanted was to be laid down in the earth with her. I know how devastating it can be to lose a cat that you've invested so much love in. But I know you've mentioned other cats that you care for too. They need you now and they will give you their love and support in return for all the care you give them.

Hang in there. It's going to get better and we're here for you whenever you need us.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm feeling almost faint reading all this. I am embarrassed to even say it hurts this much when others have so much more experience and pain. I am so deeply moved by these words from all above. Im in so many tears reading all your support that I cant even begin to say how much help I cant believe people can care and give me. i have lost parents both, pets when younger & yet this makes me hurt so bad I have having so trouble writing this. yesterday we took our only cat left to vet. He will call Saturday with her blood results. I am deeply worried her kidneys are starting to go like his though God Help Him as he went so fast even with vet's (more than one) help. Thank you all so very mcuh as soon as i gather me I'll write again. Im so flattened by all this outpouring from genuine people caring of what my suffering is like. I miss my Blackie so very much. He was such a sweet beautiful innocent cat. he went from crazy feral to the sweetest cat i ever knew or had. God truly Blessed me with HIM and I WILL NEVER forget this as long as i live. he is in Heaven now I know, I'm hoping sooner than later God Has a plan for me to join him in Heaven forever.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course we all care. We are all one big family with all its dysfunctions, that all families have, joined together by our love for these beautiful little ones and also by the pain when one of them leaves. We are here to help you through this because we have stood where you stand now and have survived. No one feels the pain you do because no one loved that boy as you do. But we have our own and are here to tell you although it will never completely go away, there WiLL come a time when it becomes better and manageable. You can gain hope and strength from others who have been there.
Sweet Blackie is at peace because he has your love, he lives on through you now and will always be a part of your life.......

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. After reading about Blackie I just had to reasure you that the pain does ease. I truly believe that Blackie is looking down from heaven and God and him have a plan, not for you to be with him but when the time is right and you've grieved you'll be blessed again. When you least expect it, Blackie will send another little angel that you just know has been told by him what you need from a cat. I feel that they want us to pass on that love we gave to them. Sending hugs to you we are here for you. :grouphug::rbheart:

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Once upon a time Chui Mother Leopard have struggled to survive his Msitu devastation long enough. The dry weather killed all the game and the Big Male Foreign Leopard killed all her cubs. Nothing was left for her and she curled near a Mti Kavu with no leaf left and no ants, under the sunburn. She patiently waited to leave this Earth.

As we all know, cats - small or big - follow their destiny according to the Great Law of Life and therefore they feel no sadness and no regrets when the Wise Man call them back to their Home Clouds. However, Chui was not ready to go, despite long time of starvation and painful thirst.

The Wise Man knows all. He stepped near the leopard shelter and pet her, saying nothing. So the leopard stood up in four paws and slowly moved towards the remote bushes, under the sunburn. The Wise Man accompanied her during the long journey, day after day until they reached the Old Heart-Shaped Bushes, far away from the Mother Leopard homeland.

Beneath the bushes rested 2 starved skinny young leopards, waiting for the Great Law call. And then the Wise Man let the Love fly over them all, to comfort them all while hearing the last Breath on Earth of the Mother Leopard. And then the young leopards eat the Chui corpse and so survived the drought.

No one but the Wise Man knows the path of Love, Destiny. We can only bow, cry and keep loving.

===
This night the serving to the stray cats in the neighborhood will be in memory of Blakie the Feral Cat.
My heart goes with you.

trishc59

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been reading the Bible daily and think his loss is a signal to me to join him sooner than later. Please pray for him and me too that I can make it thru the 1st Christmas ever without my baby, Blackie. :) Thank you for your kindness and thoughtfulness.
We had to say good bye to our precious little girl on December 16, 2021 she was almost 17, our hearts are broken as yours is. We love them deeply so it stands to reason we mourn them deeply. It hurts so bad at times, I pray often and I know only time will heal and it will one day you as all of us who say good bye to our fur babies will be able to remember them with loving smiles instead of tears. I pray for your strength.

SilentDream

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not very good with words, but this thread hit close to home for me because I had to say goodbye to my Scooby (my 13 year old dog) recently. I'm so so sorry for your loss and I understand your deep pain, as I'm right there with you. Many people here get it, and the day I lost scooby, I spent time here reading. It helped a bit, though nothing could fill the void left in my heart. What did help was writing a life story of our journey together and knowing how much love we had for one another. I know that one day we'll reunite, but the grief is something I still work through day by day. Because every day I miss his presence and I miss every single thing about him. I want you to know that I have prayed for you and I'm so very sorry for your loss. And so thankful that you love your baby enough to care so deeply. That's a blessing so many animals never have the opportunity to experience.

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
THank you everyone. I was so very blessed to have him, find him , he me, etc. But I still think I could have done more tho thank God he is in God's Hands now , in no pain form CKD or FiV, and not mine. I was inept compared to the blessings of our Lord. SOmeday too I hope to reunite and be w/ him again, some say animals have no souls thus can't enter Heaven yet others disagree. What does everyone think re this? I beleive in Heavenly Father and us being allowed to reunite FOREVER with our beloved pets. If not for this belief I'd be gone by now for sure.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I truly believe that our pet's will be in heaven looking out for us waiting. I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't it's heaven, to me heaven is a happy place and my pet's that have passed are in my heaven. I've always believed that animals have souls and our heavenly father loves all creatures so we are all welcome in heaven. Animals don't do bad so definitely have a place.

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise