Jumping on the table?!

catluvr101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So my cat she was recently pregnant and she keeps jumping up on the dining table and now my younger kitten is starting to copy her.

I've pushed all the chairs in and she still finds away up, anyone know how to stop this?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have heard of things like tinfoil or the sccat cans (compressed air that senses movement) for things like this; but I'll be honest...I know my 2 get on our table when we are not looking.  I haven't gotten them to stop in all these years unless the table is a mess.  And that doesn't always stop them either.  They know they aren't supposed to be there because they get down if they see us coming; but in the morning I find litter on the counter again.  I just sanitize it every time I go to use the kitchen or table. 

riley1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Put contact paper sticky side up on the table & that will keep that cats off.  The problem is that you can not use the table.  You could try carpet runners sharp side up.  This works for some people & you can move it to use the table. Neither of these worked for my cat.  Contact paper three weeks.  Carpet runner 2 days.  Contact paper three weeks.  She stayed off of the contact paper but not the carpet  runner.  The idea is too teach them that tables are not nice places to hang out.  However, the contact paper only worked for me when it was there.  As soon as it was removed - back up on the counters.  You might give it a try,works for most people.