Julius - His Fip Battle

julius

I love you Julius and I miss you
Kitten
Purraise
May i share my cat Julius with you?
I'm heartbroken and i feel for everyone going through this.

My Julius; whom i found on my doorstep at roughly 3 months old in Abu Dhabi after a long day of work, is dying of FIP. He was there for me every day after work and being an overseas worker far from home (not that i ever had a real home) none-the-less, he made me feel at home wherever I was. 3 months turned into 3 years and two different countries and now my Son is passing. After 1k usd and 30 days in vet hospital he has been back under my care for 9 days now and his belly is distending again and his eyes "lazy" with no energy. He is trying to show me he wants to live i.e., eating, hunting, busts of energy, but i can see his spirit is breaking along with mine.

I love you my sweet little Julius and thank you for the time you have given me and for all the trials you helped me through. Please know that i will always do my best for you, until the end.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
julius julius , welcome to TCS - I'm sorry it is under such sad circumstances.
I feel so much for you and for Julius.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad you are here with us, just wish it was different circumstances! I am sorry for Julius, and you. I am glad he has you to help him through this. He is a handsome guy! I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers! Do keep us updated on how he is doing. We will worry about him right along with you.

escoozeemoi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aaand I'm crying.

I'm so sorry for your heartbreaking experience with FIP. Poor handsome Julius who is so lucky to have met you! Remember you saved him from a harder life, and you give him so much joy.

I too am going through the same.. our Bear is only 13 months old and was diagnosed on 4/30.. he's just wasting away and we can tell he wants to thrive too but it's just overtaking him.. we dont want him to suffer so we're saying goodnight to him tomorrow.

We want to be selfish and keep them with us as long as we can, especially since they have SO many more years! FIP is devastating and there's literally nothing we can do about it.
Sending Julius a Good Kitty Treat and you a hug.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

julius

I love you Julius and I miss you
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you Escoozeemoi and Duckpond. Thank you for your support and it means so much to me especially now. Julius was laid to rest 5 days ago. He declined so quickly. I was able to ask him, “where is the lizard!” One last time and he lifted his little neck and searched for it. This is a heartbreak that is new to me. I loved that beautiful little character. I wish you all the best and thank you for taking the time to share and support. All the best.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for the loss of Julius. Sweet, beautiful little boy. My heart goes out to you. I some how now have a picture in my head of him, up at the Rainbow bridge, chasing them little lizards all over the bridge. Its the good place, so the lizards enjoy it too! :)