Jackson Galaxy's Peacemaker

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a little concerned and an order just arrived. Isn't holly toxic to cats? I thought he was an expert and adding toxic plants to his stuff kind of worries me about how authentic he is. Please advise me on this. I don't want to poison them. Thanks.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Use ONLY as directed. Here's the thing...most plants can heal or kill, depending on the dosage. Digitalis, the medication that saves the lives of so many heart patients, is the active ingredient in foxglove, which is a deadly poison in large amounts. Mistletoe is considered a poison, but properly prepared and in proper dosages, can shrink some tumors. Unless you are an expert, or have the advice of an expert (and the research and development team JG uses ARE experts), DO NOT use herbs on your cat without REALLY researching them. I have never heard of a cat being harmed by ANY of JG's formulas, and I looked prior to answering this. IF there had been any, it would have been screamed from the rooftops on the internet.

In general, you'd be amazed at how many "toxic" ingredients are in all sorts of medications...It is all in the dosage and preparation. And sometimes in a specific variety of plant. For instance, when I recommend chamomile tea as a calmative, I ALWAYS specify using commercially prepared tea bags from the grocery store or online source. This is because ALL commercially prepared chamomile tea bags contain only German chamomile. German chamomile is medicinally viable, and non-toxic to cats in proper dosages. The English variety, which grows in a lot of gardens and looks VERY like the German variety, is useless medicinally, and toxic to cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Use ONLY as directed. Here's the thing...most plants can heal or kill, depending on the dosage. Digitalis, the medication that saves the lives of so many heart patients, is the active ingredient in foxglove, which is a deadly poison in large amounts. Mistletoe is considered a poison, but properly prepared and in proper dosages, can shrink some tumors. Unless you are an expert, or have the advice of an expert (and the research and development team JG uses ARE experts), DO NOT use herbs on your cat without REALLY researching them. I have never heard of a cat being harmed by ANY of JG's formulas, and I looked prior to answering this. IF there had been any, it would have been screamed from the rooftops on the internet.

In general, you'd be amazed at how many "toxic" ingredients are in all sorts of medications...It is all in the dosage and preparation. And sometimes in a specific variety of plant. For instance, when I recommend chamomile tea as a calmative, I ALWAYS specify using commercially prepared tea bags from the grocery store or online source. This is because ALL commercially prepared chamomile tea bags contain only German chamomile. German chamomile is medicinally viable, and non-toxic to cats in proper dosages. The English variety, which grows in a lot of gardens and looks VERY like the German variety, is useless medicinally, and toxic to cats.
Thank you. My mind is at ease now :)