Jackson Galaxy My Cat From Hell

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have not watched the show. But, he came to my shelter last year. The party was over $100 for volunteers so I could not go, which I was really sorry about. However, he did an inspection of the shelter and at the end, said he did not have any suggestions, we were doing everything right, which evidently rarely happens.

The shelter has a 10-year plan to build a "compound" with dog shelter and runs, cat shelter, offices etc. all in one place. He said that when we get the money (which we are very close to doing) he will donate the entire architectural work. I thought that was very generous of him and shows that he really cares. We are only a local shelter, not a large well known one.
From what I know of him I am not surprised. He started out working in a shelter and rescue is still very important to him. The shelter that he worked in was not a fancy, high budget no kill rescue it was a regular shelter. He had to do euthanasia while he was there. That job in the shelter was where and how his own recovery from multiple issues started. His wife is also involved with rescue. They meant when she approached him for help with a small kitten rescue that she had.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone else notice when they watch the show that when Jackson meets a particularly neglectful cat owner he looks like he wants to give them a slap in the face? He’s got some pretty good self control for dealing with some of these people.... not sure if I could do it.

ramscici

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anyone else notice when they watch the show that when Jackson meets a particularly neglectful cat owner he looks like he wants to give them a slap in the face? He’s got some pretty good self control for dealing with some of these people.... not sure if I could do it.
Yeah, the guy has the patience of a saint. I honestly think the show should be called My Human from Hell half of the time.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There have also been people on the show who had been dealing with issues for a long time, had tried different things to no avail but they refused to give up. Jackson always gives them kudos for hanging in there and refusing to give up.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an autographed book from Jackson Galaxy. My cat sitter and I went to a book signing he did at a local book shop. My boss at the time re-structured my schedule so I could leave early to go to the event. It is a copy of his first book Cat Daddy.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
its actually november, got my tickets!

I need to see if I can find my copy of Cat Daddy to take with me

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll be honest. I'm a straight laced kind of person and when I first saw Mr. Galaxy with the tattoos and stuff and his claims of being a "Cat Behaviorist" I laughed a little, but when I actually watched the guy work his magic I was really impressed.
Jackson IMO is a bro and I could see myself hanging out with him, buying him a beer and talking cats.
Lesson learned, don't judge a book by the cover. Guys got amazing talent and is good with people as well, which blows a lot of dog trainers out of the water as their people skills can sometimes range from moderate to complete crap.
I like this guy. I think he's got a lot to offer and is a good guy that wants to keep cats out of shelters/death row.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this is an old post but I thought that perhaps I'd see if he has any ideas what to do in my current situation. I'm sure he's seen and heard it all.

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been a loyal viewer of My Cat from Hell since it first started airing.

My primary observation over the years is that generally the problem he has to deal with is not the cat, but the cat owners. I am continuously amazed at how poorly many of these people have treated their cats. Jackson does display great restraint by not slapping some of these people.

As much as it would break my heart to see, I do wonder how often he encounters situations where re-homing is the only solution.

I would be interested to see the contract that people have to sign in order for him to help you.

Whenever I watch the show, I think about how blessed my wife and I are to only have minor issues with our cats.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw one show where he did rehome a cat. I've forgotten the circumstances, but he was very tactful with the owners about the rehoming. He tried working with them over and over until the only solution was the rehoming.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
is Animal PLanet the only place to watch it? I don't have a cable TV (well, any TV truly, just the TV monitor used for Netflix and other subscriptions) and I don't plan to have it, so is this show available somewhere to buy and binge watch?

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How to Watch Animal Planet Live Without Cable in 2019 - Your Top 8 Options

If you have a firestick or similar device you can watch from there. $20 a month for Philo
How to Watch Animal Planet Live Without Cable in 2019 - Your Top 8 Options

If you have a firestick or similar device you can watch from there. $20 a month for Philo
Thanks, it seems the options without getting live TV in one way or another are limited. I see I can buy each episode from youtube/prime but it's 1.99$ or around 20$ per season which I think it's too much given how many episodes are there. But since I don't really need live TV and only looking for on demand streaming options, I may have no choice.. But I'm also trying to find out if the show is available in Philo on demand library, if yes, that would be a solution. It's a pity it's not on Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video or any other popular streaming services. I'd need a TV subscription to watch it from Animal Planet Go.

Bossygirl420

Tuxedo
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know what to tell you on that one. I mean I don't have cable I have Netflix on my phone. Would u happen to have the address of that place u gave me? So I can write it down