Jackson Galaxy My Cat From Hell

catloverlady

My cat is a princess
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is anyone else a fan of this show? It's going to be coming back with a new season this Fall. What Jackson can do to calm these cats is amazing and it never fails to make me cry seeing the love that the owners get back for their cats after Jackson helps them.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I read his autobiography and it was strong stuff. He was a failure, a drunk, and a druggie. He began woking in a shelter and it was a cat that turned him around.

I've used some of the tricks I've learned from his show. Some worked, some didn't.

His complete love for cats and his patience with them is motivating.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I read his book as well. He has overcome a lot. I think he had almost every addiction, he was also a compulsive eater and a smoker. He had gastric bypass. He gained some of the weight back when he quit smoking but the last set of new shows it looked like he had taken that weight back off.

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hadn't seen any new episodes or heard anything about the show in so long that I assumed it had been cancelled. It's good news that it's coming back.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Really have a lot of respect for him. He genuinely cares about cats. You can tell that a lot of the folks who run animal planet type shows actually don’t care that much about animals, but Jackson appears to be different. Always learn a lot from this show!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any chance they would put this on Hulu Plus? We just got rid of our DirecTV after they raised the prices.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched the first show on Sept. 1, and it made me so grateful for my own two sweet cats. He had one cat that was so hostile and violent that even he was flummoxed. Eventually, he decided the cat was mentally ill and got the cat some medication to calm him down.

Mingo is vicious at the vet, but he's fine at home. That cat really showed me what normal, happy kitties I have. Mingo is a scaredy-cat, but not hostile.

I’m not allowed to watch this show, lol. It makes our cats all upset to hear the tv cats hissing and growling.
When the show first came on with cats screeching bloody murder, Mingo fluffed up, bottle-brush tail, and went looking around the front door for the other cat! It took him a minute to realize it was the TV.

ramscici

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I need to watch the first episode but I really like this guy. I just finished reading his book "Total Cat Mojo" which ended up giving some nice little tidbits of info. Most of it was really just common sense for someone who cared enough about their cats to buy the book, and the overall message boiled down to "have empathy and respect your cat for what they are, without projecting your human emotions onto them," but I appreciate the message anyhow. It is a great read!

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have not watched the show. But, he came to my shelter last year. The party was over $100 for volunteers so I could not go, which I was really sorry about. However, he did an inspection of the shelter and at the end, said he did not have any suggestions, we were doing everything right, which evidently rarely happens.

The shelter has a 10-year plan to build a "compound" with dog shelter and runs, cat shelter, offices etc. all in one place. He said that when we get the money (which we are very close to doing) he will donate the entire architectural work. I thought that was very generous of him and shows that he really cares. We are only a local shelter, not a large well known one.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
Any chance they would put this on Hulu Plus? We just got rid of our DirecTV after they raised the prices.
You should try Directv NOW. It has animal planet and I watch it all the time. I did the larger package so I could get Nat Geo Wild too and its worked out pretty well so far.