I've lost some Weight.!!!!

nena10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have good news. A few months ago, in January, i started on a diet. I weight over 220 pounds. It is now June, and now weigh 204 pounds!!!!! All I do is I buy a supplement called Metabolife. It gives me energy and doesn't make me hungry. I eat breakfast, lunch, and a light dinner(usuall a banana with milk or toast with milk). I haven't gone to McDonalds for over a month. I go for walks everyday. I drink alot of water. I snack on fruit. Yes, I have had a hard time and i still do. As I am writing this, I crave a banana split. yesterday I thought of going to burger King and getting a whopper. Then go to McDonalds and get a combo meal there. Then go to 7-Eleven and get nachos with cheese. Thankfully, I didn't do any of the above. I went home and had me a ham sandwich. It is hard to lose weight. Especially when some people comment on my weight and tell me not to eat something. What do you guys do when someone tells you not to do something? You do it anyway, right? Thats how I am. But i keep on trying.
:eye&mouth

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am really proud of you! I struggle myself and like you said when someone harps on me the worse I eat!
YOU GET THESE FOR YOUR ALL YOUR EFFORT!

vlinder

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

CONGRATS ALICIA!! Yay, I am so happy for you! You must be feeling so good and on top of the world!! How neat that is for you!! I share your happiness with you! You go beautiful girl you!

jeano369

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good for you, I'm proud of you. I too could stand to lose a few pounds but thinking about it is the easiest part. The more I worry about what I'm eating or not eating, the more I want to eat. I just try to eat healthy mostly and not get too hard on myself if I happen to have a bowl of ice cream or something. I don't generally just eat a scoop, I EAT ice cream!
Don't worry about what people say. Just have them give you their shoes so you can walk a mile in them. By time you've walked the mile, you'll be a mile away and hopfully they'll be stranded in a sticker field!

ttapestry1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Way to go!!!!!!! Maybe we should start a support thread for all of us that need to lose weight! My goal is when I get back from Utah, I am going to walk at least 4 days a week.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Way to go!

I know how difficult it is! I was on a diet for about 2 months and lost 10 pounds, but it wasn't easy! I've stopped when I've started to have problems with my pregnancy, after reading it's not good to be on a diet while pregnant. I still eat a very balanced diet though and I don't think I've actually gained any weight since I quit. Mind you, I still have at least an extra 40 pounds to get rid off! I'll do that after the birth

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nena!!!! I am SO proud of you for losing the weight that you have!!!!

It IS hard! I know....I have to battle my weight constantly....I am 5'3...most of the time I weigh 125 or 130....tops...
But over last christmas, I got up to 160. I have thankfully lost 30 lbs, but it was definately NOT easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nena10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just checked the scales today and found out I am 200 lbs exact. I've stopped eating alot. I have a cereal, coffee, and a cup of mixed fruit. I only eat when I am hungry. This is the best way to eat a salad. I buy the long-leafed lettuce, cut it up. Put some carrots and cucumbers on it. Then, instead of dressing, I put freshly squeezed lime juice and a little bit of salt. Really good to eat over the hot summer months.

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I realize you don't know me, but I had to say congratulations. Losing weight is definitely not easy and every pound lost is a reason to celebrate!

I've been pleasantly plump my entire life. I need to lose about 30 lbs myself! My boyfriend Craig is a total health nut and has gotten me to start working out with him and I'm eating a bit healthier.. so hopefully with all this work the extra weight will be shedded. We're considering a membership with a gym so we can get in a weight training class and an aerobics class. He's excited about it... I dread it *sigh*

May God have mercy on my poor little body.

Congratulations on the weight loss. I can only imagine how good you feel inside and out. Wanna give me tips on how to keep such a strong will.. I can not seem to stay away from peanut butter! I'm addicted!!! Keep up the good work. I only pray I can have the same strong will you do. Craig is putting me to the test.

--Cassandra
"Better to be thought of as a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nena10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One good way is telling people what you should or should not eat. If people do that, then I eat.