Issues with The Cat Site using Google Chrome or Explorer 9/8/2016

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometime between 7:30pm ad 8:30pm tonight - my browser is no longer compatible with Rich Text

I can no longer use Quote's and when I do it ends up in the reply as jumble.

Was there work done on the site between that time???

Below is the message I'm getting above my reply -

The rich text editor is not compatible with your browser. You may see some HTML source displayed. Any BBCode you enter will be converted to HTML when you save.

Also none of the features work. Font Size, pictures, bold etc.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometime between 7:30pm ad 8:30pm tonight - my browser is no longer compatible with Rich Text

The rich text editor is not compatible with your browser. You may see some HTML source displayed. Any BBCode you enter will be converted to HTML when you save.

I am using Google Chrome right now and everything is working fine for me. I have not tried the site with IE today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am using Google Chrome right now and everything is working fine for me. I have not tried the site with IE today.

This is a tesl

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
It seems many of us got hit at once. I started a thread about the same problem! Would be sending you a cheerful emoji except they aren't working.

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad its not just me.

I was ready to go off on my hubby who's a walking computer, my own Mr. Robot because he worked on my upgrades and he always screws with my settings. LOL

I suppose I'll wait it out with the rest of you.

The features work, you just can't see them until they are sent.

Below, testing emoticons...

:clap::rbheart::nod::wavey::lol3:

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So the features work, you just can't see them until after you send.

testing bold testing font

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[quote name="2Cats4everLoved" url="/t/326171/issues-with-the-cat-site-using-google-chrome-or-explorer-9-8-2016#[B]post_4099703[/B]"] [/quote]

yup, i'm getting this same issue. the emoji's are on the right side of the reply box, but don't function properly -- as an example, the first emoji ('wavey') comes out like this......:wavey: i'm on firefox. i'm getting the same as the original poster.

okay, now i'm editing because once i submit the reply......the quote and emoji does appear properly in my reply.

Last edited:

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yup, i'm getting this same issue. the emoji's are on the right side of the reply box, but don't function properly -- as an example, the first emoji ('wavey') comes out like this......:wavey: i'm on firefox. i'm getting the same as the original poster.

okay, now i'm editing because once i submit the reply......the quote and emoji does appear properly in my reply.

Yes same here, When I just hit Quote it appears as jibberish but then once submitted it appears normal.

I was working on a long post, and it's throwing me off because you can't tell if it's being edited correctly so I'll hold off.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Sorry about this! It's a bug and not a planned change on the site. It's happening on other sites that share the same platform with TCS, I'm afraid.

Our tech wizards are on the case and fingers crossed, we'll get our rich editor interface back as soon as possible.

Sorry about the inconvenience! Everything should be working, just with a code interface and not the usual WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) interface.

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry about this! It's a bug and not a planned change on the site. It's happening on other sites that share the same platform with TCS, I'm afraid.

Our tech wizards are on the case and fingers crossed, we'll get our rich editor interface back as soon as possible.

Sorry about the inconvenience! Everything should be working, just with a code interface and not the usual WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) interface.

No worries, just glad it's not me. I wasn't sure if it had to do with the new updates Chrome pushed out last week, or if my hubby was messing with my mind. LOL

I can still get my fix of kitty pictures, so I'm set. LOL

Thank you for the speedy response. Hope