Isnt it early to be shedding so much?

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I noticed Lily is shedding like crazy the last few days. Shouldn't she be holding onto her coat since it's only mid January? Maybe its the flip flop of the weather. Past few days have been average 30s and 40s but this weekend its supposed to be rainy and near 70. And her body is just confused. Guess its time to up her hair ball treats.
Zoe is also shedding quite a bit

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering the same thing. My cats (two shorthairs, one "medium"-haired) are all shedding and are even getting little mats, which they've never had before in winter. We've had odd highly variable temperatures here in southern Michigan, too.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
The temperature you keep your house can make a difference as well. If the house is always warm, kitty bodies think it's always shedding season.

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My albus is shedding like mad right now too!
But minnie isn't

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cats are shedding as well, although some days are worse than others and our weather has been quite drastic. Just this past week it went from -25 C to +6 C back to -15 C in a span of 3/4 days. It's been like this for the better part of this winter so far. Huge high and low fluctuations that change quickly, even my body is confused!

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our cats are shedding as well, although some days are worse than others and our weather has been quite drastic. Just this past week it went from -25 C to +6 C back to -15 C in a span of 3/4 days. It's been like this for the better part of this winter so far. Huge high and low fluctuations that change quickly, even my body is confused!
Wow.. thats cold!
Its just windy here!
very .. very .. windy , and it scares minnie !
They are sleeping right now. :bicolorcat::purr:😚😙☺😊