Is wet food enough ?!

jaydee000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please, is wet food enough for a 2 mounth kitten ? Will she be in danger if i only give her wet food, do they need a lot of water to be ok or a very wet food is enough ?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Please, is wet food enough for a 2 mounth kitten ? Will she be in danger if i only give her wet food, do they need a lot of water to be ok or a very wet food is enough ?
Wet food is best for growing kittens and also adult cats. She won’t be in danger as wet food keeps them hydrated. Many cats on wet food does not drink extra water. But if you want your kitten to have more water intake, you can give her an extra tablespoon or two of filtered water and mix it with her wet food or have a water fountain or a bowl of water that is fresh and water in the bowl changed several times a day to keep it fresh.

Your kitten is 2 months old and she needs wet food meant for kittens as the kitten food is full of proteins and nutrients that are needed to aid the growth of your kitten in her formative year and wet food have real meat in them. Feed her 4 - 5 times a day and feed her as much as she can eat at one sitting. You can never overfeed a kitten. You can judge the amount that she’ll eat each time after a few rounds.
If you cannot find or get wet food meant for kittens, you can get food labeled ‘For All Life Stages’. You can feed her this wet food from kitten all the way to adult and you don’t have to transit her over to wet adult food when she matures ay 1 year old. My boy is on wet food labeled ‘For All Life Stages’ since he was rescued at around 3 weeks old till now and he’s coming to be 8 years old soon.

As your kitten reaches around 7 months old, she’ll go through a phase called ‘Growth Spurt’ which means she’ll tend to eat more than usual and this will go on till she’s about a year plus and after that, her food intake will taper off and she’ll eat less amount and also less times in a day. And also by 7 months old, all her adult teeth will be in.

When she has reached 1 year old, normal maturity age for normal breed cats, you can slowly transit her over to adult food.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Since my cat was 5 weeks old,now 11, she only eats wet. I gave her mostly wellness core. Never bothered whether it was kitten or adult food. Now at a healthy weight. Just recently she had blood testing done and urinalysis. Perfect health. You will notice that she will drink less on wet. Now my cats mostly eat weruva,nulo,instinct,fancy feast classics. Peaches is now intolerant to chicken so give her a variety. Tuna I never feed them