Is this not the most gorgeous tree you have ever seen?

imagyne

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Debby... They are very pretty..even better when you see them live. The only drawback is, like MA said, they are messy. My neighbor has a few in the front yard, and it snows pink in fall. The petals are so thin that when there is a dew in the morning they stick to everything, it can become a real pain in the backside. But, all in all, I think that it's the only petal dropper that's worth the annoyance.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Beautiful! We lived in a house with a huge Japanese cherry tree in the backyard for a decade when I was a kid - whenever I see pink blossoms, I think of that tree. My siblings and I spent so much time in that tree that when we talk about our childhood, the tree is always mentioned. Perhaps Amber will feel the same way in a few decades.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is one gorgeous tree. My dad had one in our front yard growing up. Was still there when they moved last year. Ours always looked beautiful but then again, my dad had a real green thumb and worked in the yard a lot.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catman7766

i personally dont like pink, but if it was green or blue, itd be very pretty.
Do they come in purple? THAT'S what I'd like!

Actually, we've given up on backyard trees, since Pearl ate the sweet acacias. We have a privet and an organ pipe cactus, in the front yard and a renegade mesquite tree has sprouted there, too.

I want a weeping willow but, I'm not sure how to keep Pearl from eating it. If we put a sturdy fence around it, until it gets fairly large, that might work.

lilysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is one gorgeous tree! I'm not a big pink fan, but I like pink flowers, especially in the spring!