Is this not the most gorgeous tree you have ever seen?

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Brent and I went tree "shopping" the other day. We wanted to get a couple Redbud trees, which we did....they are the ones that are lavender-pink in spring...but while we were there (at this greenhouse) we fell in love with this weeping willow tree that is pink in spring, so we bought one...actually he bought it because I have no money these days, but it was only $45 for a 6 foot tree...it will grow to be 15-20 feet eventually...it is called a Pink weeping Cherry...anyone have one? Are they easy to grow? We planted it and put mulch around it...this is the picture that came with it....

spotz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is beautiful!

I hope yours gets that big and pretty...

Spotz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do too!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have one in our back field, they are pretty, but they are also messy. Looks like it snows in pink every year in the fall-

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I would like pink snow in the fall.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well it's better than yellow snow

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you! I think it will be a nice addition to our yard.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Willow's grow great in the right climate and love water. My only advice is to make sure you don't plant it near any water or sewer lines into your house. Their roots will actively seek out and grow into the lines and clog them - spoken from experience.

mom of franz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NYC The Town so Nice, They Named it Twice!
Weeping Willows have always been my favorite. We have loads of them in Prospect Park..."THE park of Brookyn" same guys who designed Central Park, designed Prospect Park. Practically lived there as a kid with my grandfather.
I believe the blossoms don't last long, so we can appreciate them more...if they were there all year we would not appreciate them as much...Mother Nature does know best I guess!

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its the season for planting. I love flowering trees! I just planted a Japanese Flowering Dogwood, which is spectacular as well. Although its not a weeping willow.

Here's a nice picture of what it looks like full grown, mine is just tiny still. Flowering Dogwood

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I also planted one of these, a Kerria Japonica

I love trees that flower in the spring, its such a welcome relief after a hard winter.

crzacctgrl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sammie5

Thanks! I also planted one of these, a Kerria Japonica

I love trees that flower in the spring, its such a welcome relief after a hard winter.
Ooooh! That's also very pretty! I wish I could successfully grow things.. but they usually die on me.