Is this normal????

catlover1991

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our cat Pickachu has settled back in to our home as the one and only cat . I cant say he seems disappointed . We have decided that we are not going to try for another cat again. As much as we would love to help and adopt more my husband is scared that the allergies may return. Since things have calmed back down I have noticed that our cat is being very mischievous, more than usual. I just wondered if that was normal. He has started knocking his water in the floor... several times a day .. and every time I put water back in his bowl he knocks it out.... Also we have a balcony and he has been teasing an injury i feel like by running across it .. I can tell that he is enjoying having the house to himself. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop  him from knocking the water over?

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
He is probably picking up on all the stress and worry that has happened in your house over the past few days. He doesn't know what's happened or what is wrong and this is his way of dealing with it.
He should settle down in a few days, now things are getting back to normal.

You could try putting his water bowl inside a tray. That way if he splashes it about, it doesn't go all over your floor the tray catches it instead. Some cats do love playing in their water bowl so this is completely normal.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can get a heavy crockware water dish that he can't tip over. But he's probably bored. Does he get interactive structured playtime every day? Like with a fishing pole toy or a laser pointer?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover1991

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes we play with him several several tmes a day. We have a heavy bowl and he still tips it over. Were just putting a tray down!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, I guess he's just being a pain :lol3:. They have no-spill travel bowls that won't spill even if tipped over, maybe using one of those for a while will make him give up on the new game. Buddy Bowl is the name of one brand, I think.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I have maine coons and they are well known for loving to play in water. I have to keep my water bowls in trays otherwise the water would be everywhere. Hopefully your cat is just playing up from all the change the past few days and will be back to his old self soon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover1991

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is extra loving today as well. My husband and i went to change the sheets and chu got right up in the middle of the bed and made us lay down and love on him before we could change the sheeta