Is this normal ear wax?

angiec72

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello there, first time cat owner. I've had my Pebble here since he was 6 weeks, he turns 4 in July and I noticed he'd been scratching at his collar area a couple times a day. I assume its the chin acne and it's not fleas since I took him to the vet recently. She checked him and said it could be allergies. She didn't say too much since I got him checked for his chin acne (which looks much better after using chlorhexidine wipes) but he's still scratching at his collar/neck. I was wondering if any of your kitties do the same. I always scare myself by googling or immediately taking my cat to the vet and it usually ends up being nothing. As I was googling and scaring myself more I stumbled apon the possibility of earmites but my cats ears don't really look like the photos, I attached some photos and was wondering if there is just some earwax in his ears or potential mites. Is cat earwax brownish? I dont see any specks in his ear or anything. I had the vet check him out a couple weeks ago mostly for the acne and maybe flea allergy. I assume if she checked for fleas she checked for mites too. My cat eats and drinks water and goes nuts like normal. I'm thinking of changing his food out for something healther since I'm currently using Meow Mix. Is he just getting older and more sensitive? Sorry this is long, thank you in advance. 💗😺
IMG_20200501_050125.jpg
IMG_20200501_050139.jpg
IMG_20200418_213408.jpg

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Personally, I don’t see anything. It appears to me she just has brown colored inner ears. Does that brown come off if you wipe it with a tissue (don’t use cotton swabs)? As for the collar scratching, it could be your cat dislikes them. Or if an indoor/outdoor cat, allergens get deposited underneath the collar. If your cat has an allergic reaction, it will be especially itchy under her collar. Try taking the collar off and see if that helps, Anyway, consult your veterinarian.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angiec72

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Personally, I don’t see anything. It appears to me she just has brown colored inner ears. Does that brown come off if you wipe it with a tissue (don’t use cotton swabs)? As for the collar scratching, it could be your cat dislikes them. Or if an indoor/outdoor cat, allergens get deposited underneath the collar. If your cat has an allergic reaction, it will be especially itchy under her collar. Try taking the collar off and see if that helps, Anyway, consult your veterinarian.
He is an indoor kitty. I haven't tried wiping at the wax because it looks a bit deep in his ear. I have some wipes by Petkin that I'll be using to wipe him down since some more googling said to try wiping him to remove any allergens. He's currently hiding under the bed because I keep picking him up and double checking him 😂

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
He is an indoor kitty. I haven't tried wiping at the wax because it looks a bit deep in his ear. I have some wipes by Petkin that I'll be using to wipe him down since some more googling said to try wiping him to remove any allergens. He's currently hiding under the bed because I keep picking him up and double checking him 😂
:lol: