Is this adorable little boy a Bengal?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When it comes to unregistered (possible) purebreds, the basic question is: do you like his mother's personality? Do you like his looks? Do you think the owner is raising the kittens properly? A well-raised kitten is worth paying for, and the fact that they're keeping the kittens until 12-13 weeks is a good sign. So the kitten is worth what you're willing to pay.

I mean, if I saw that kitten I'd say "hey look, a Bengal" but that's no guarantee :tongue:.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kosta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Guys I must thank you all for all the advices you gave me! The little boy is with us since a week (came last thursday) and most of what you said was true lol. He is very energic (he is still a puppy by the way, he has 13 weeks now, so I believe he will calm down growing? :D).
He wants to play a lot, we play with him probably 2-3 hours per day? (I mean between me and my gf and together). His favourite toy is a carton box I built with holes and labyrinth and stuff like that where he needs to find the little mouse toy we hide in it. He start meowing a lot then as he wants that we hide it again :D. He also like to catch the mouses and bring them back to you, and then you launch the mouse again, and so on lol :D Luckily he can also play alone, with the little mouses and toys and this structure I built:

https://ibb.co/XDJYVzc][/url]

Fortunately I prepared this sort of cat gym as it is helpful to cool him down, and he also can play alone. He climb on top of the wardrobe then came down and up again and so, while playing sith some spring/elastic toys I've put in some points.
I've also bought a ball that goes around in the house by itself, attached some strings, it keeps him occupied (sometimes). He is very curious and follows you looking for everything you are doing.

By the way is a joy to have him in the house:

https://ibb.co/K9Z1wN7]
]
[/URL]
]
[/URL]
]
[/URL]
]
[/URL][/url]

And yes he also rests, luckily:
https://ibb.co/fxfsPhq]
]
[/URL][/url]

Do you have any further suggestions? Yesterday we put him on the leash for the first time, he was incredibly super calm and he let us put the leash on him without saying a word. But the little creature was walking strangely poor guy! we got out of the house in a small backyard garden to let him see the outside world (he is often looking outside of the windows, so I said why not). He was scared and wanted to go back in the house little boy. So we plan to put him in the pet carrier and go around with him, before putting the leash again. Advices?

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Guys I must thank you all for all the advices you gave me! The little boy is with us since a week (came last thursday) and most of what you said was true lol. He is very energic (he is still a puppy by the way, he has 13 weeks now, so I believe he will calm down growing? :D).
He wants to play a lot, we play with him probably 2-3 hours per day? (I mean between me and my gf and together). His favourite toy is a carton box I built with holes and labyrinth and stuff like that where he needs to find the little mouse toy we hide in it. He start meowing a lot then as he wants that we hide it again :D. He also like to catch the mouses and bring them back to you, and then you launch the mouse again, and so on lol :D Luckily he can also play alone, with the little mouses and toys and this structure I built:

Fortunately I prepared this sort of cat gym as it is helpful to cool him down, and he also can play alone. He climb on top of the wardrobe then came down and up again and so, while playing sith some spring/elastic toys I've put in some points.
I've also bought a ball that goes around in the house by itself, attached some strings, it keeps him occupied (sometimes). He is very curious and follows you looking for everything you are doing.

[/URL]]
[/URL]
[/URL]]
[/URL]
[/URL]]
[/URL]
[/URL]]
[/URL][/url]

[/URL]]
[/URL][/url]

Do you have any further suggestions? Yesterday we put him on the leash for the first time, he was incredibly super calm and he let us put the leash on him without saying a word. But the little creature was walking strangely poor guy! we got out of the house in a small backyard garden to let him see the outside world (he is often looking outside of the windows, so I said why not). He was scared and wanted to go back in the house little boy. So we plan to put him in the pet carrier and go around with him, before putting the leash again. Advices?
My kitty (not a Bengal) walked like a drunkard when I first put a harness on her. Seems like it's just a strange thing that happens with kitties. She got over it. In my case, we practiced having her wear the harness around the house quite a bit before I took her outside. She didn't want to move in it, but I would entice her with treats. Now she's perfectly fine in the harness.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leash training just takes time. He will act strange at first. He is still young so the outside is scary right now. He is absolutely gorgeous! The 'rosettes' have developed nicely. He definitely has Bengal. What a handsome boy!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would do like said above, I forgot I did that with my cats, get them used to the harness first indoors until they wear it naturally. it may take a while. just a little longer each day. My Chrissy just fell over on her side and wouldn't move, we used to say "play dead Chrissy" and she's fall over. It probably wasn't nice messing with her like that but we sure laughed! i bet she did that for a week before she finally accepted she wasn't going to get out of wearing it. She became the cat that wanted out the most in her harness. Just make sure you never go far from your yard so they can find their way back home if something happens, like a huge dog charging.....

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ps. I notice, these earlier marbles with vague rosettes, has developed into more typical rosettes.
So a couple of my earlier questions has clarified. And its now more or less sure the presumed father, the snow bengal, is the biological father for real.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ps. I notice, these earlier marbles with vague rosettes, has developed into more typical rosettes.
So a couple of my earlier questions has clarified. And its now more or less sure the presumed father, the snow bengal, is the biological father for real.
The true pattern in the coat can take sometimes a long time to develop..some quick

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

]
[/URL]
]
[/URL]
]
[/URL]
]
[/URL][/url]

]
[/URL][/url]

He has turned into a stunning beautiful boy, the gods smiled when you got him.
Just time with the leash..with mine I put the harness on then got a ball or string and started to play..didnt take long for him to forget the harness was on. But I dont use the harness now..lol but was useful training making him be used to being handled.

Kosta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all!! <3 For me he surely is beautiful :)

So, replying to all of you, we named him Shiva :) We liked the name and were going to check if was compliant to his behaviour (Shiva is an indu God, the savage God, sometimes represented as the God of destruction? complex mithology here but surely not a sleepy character lol), and it is!. Especially when the little puppy goes into rampage mode roaring and running in the house, trying to climb a concrete column we have in the living room (which at least for now he cannot climb lol) and so on.

We followed your advices and putted the harness in the house, letting him play with the harness on. He is much more ok with the harness now, we also went to the backyard garden again. Still scared but much more curious than the first time.

I have some more questions also:

He has turned into a stunning beautiful boy, the gods smiled when you got him.
Just time with the leash..with mine I put the harness on then got a ball or string and started to play..didnt take long for him to forget the harness was on. But I dont use the harness now..lol but was useful training making him be used to being handled.
Thanks again! <3
What do you mean you don't use the harness now? do you let him free? are you not scared that he may run away? (maybe because I don't know a big dog approaches or he explores too much and don't remember how to came back?)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like they used it for training, to learn to be handled. Most people on this site have indoor-only cats or supervised or on a leash when outside. so many have learned the hard way that no matter how smart you think the cat, they are no match for cars or big dogs. I have lost way too many to the dangers of being outside. It is just way too dangerous. Building an enclosure or having a dog kennel is a good way for them to be out and safe too.

Kosta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounds like they used it for training, to learn to be handled. Most people on this site have indoor-only cats or supervised or on a leash when outside. so many have learned the hard way that no matter how smart you think the cat, they are no match for cars or big dogs. I have lost way too many to the dangers of being outside. It is just way too dangerous. Building an enclosure or having a dog kennel is a good way for them to be out and safe too.
Ah! Ok thanks, I got it. Since when we are putting him the harness, he is indeed more ok in being handled. Does this have to do with the harness? I thought he was trusting us more lol
By the way, yes our plan is to go with him for walking but never leave him outside alone. I had dogs before this cat, and when going with my most loved one (the last one :( ) to the park, hiking in the mountain and so on, he was always without leash (he was a small dog < 10 kg which never hurted anyone). But he came back as soon as you shouted his name, even if you didn't know where he was maximum in a couple of minutes he was back. I don't think this can happen with cats? So for this reason I don't think we will never leave him without the leash. I'm not even sure how to call him back if he runs away.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks again! <3
What do you mean you don't use the harness now? do you let him free? are you not scared that he may run away? (maybe because I don't know a big dog approaches or he explores too much and don't remember how to came back?)
I think due to Blues circumstances growing up we have developed a very tight bond where he is never more than a few metres away from me at any time, when we go for walks he heels like a dog, he comes running back flat out if he thinks he is getting to far away from you or if you change direction and walk the other way. Just got to mention his name and he is at your feet in a flash and if he is outside and out of sight he is always giving contact calls so he knows I know where he is. He is a true example why they call Bengals the dog cat. I live in a semi rural area in a cul-de-sac with forest over the back fence so have no fear of cars and there is no big dogs, so am lucky in where I live, the one stray dog we have met soon learnt the error of his ways..lol So the way Blue is he doesnt require a harness but is trained to wear one if the need is there. He is also very territorial, strong and confident cat and has appointed himself guardian of house and yard with an iron paw, even the poor mailman gets treated with a fluffed up tail and growls in the throat, so doesn't roam away from his own domain. He is a special case and quite unusual but all cats are different in many ways.
Sounds like you are doing really well with him and he is getting plenty of play and interaction, Shiva is a great name and suits him well, once he fully gets used to the harness he will be taking you walks as soon as you put it on. When he gets older and stronger make sure you get a jacket type harness he cant get out of as Bengals grow up very strong and will bust out of a harness with ease if given a fright.

Last edited: