Is This Abuse For My Cats?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: S Selena800 : I am sure that the others did not intend to insult you or hurt your feelings. They are just very fluent in "cat speak" and are very good at speaking up on behalf of the kitties. It is sort of like when an auto mechanic sees someone driving with their left foot on the brake pedal and the right foot on the gas - it sets their teeth on edge.
Since your kitties are continuing to come up to you, they are showing you love. You could try grooming them with a comb - they love that! and maybe they will respond by letting you kiss the top of their heads. I know how very irresistible their sweet faces are & understand the temptation. :happycat:

DaphnesMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i kiss my cats way too much i mean really if i saw them i grab them and kiss hard and smooch they try to run but i hold them and again kiss them they meow also I cannot stop my self they are sooooooooo cute and tasty after i kiss them they clean their face they think im abusing them???
It's obvious you love your babies, and I am sure they love you, too! My husband and I adore our babies very much, so we try to be sensitive to their personalities. For example, we love picking up and holding our little furr balls. However, while our two boys Cuppy and Kiefurr Sutherland love it most of the time and purr while we hold them, our two girls Carly and Chloe hate being picked up (Carly growls and hisses and Chloe panics and cries). So, we never pick the girls up unless it's absolutely necessary. Does this mean Carly and Chloe don't love us? Not at all! The girls would just get very upset if we picked them up, so we express our love and affection in ways that are comforting to them. Carly and Chloe come to us when they want to be petted (in fact, Carly will tap us on the shoulder or poke us in the eye if we stop petting her when she's in her cuddly mood). So while the girls love us, they hate being picked up (and because we love them, we respect their boundaries). So please don't think that because your babies hate to be smooched, this means they don't love you. Again, it is clear you love your babies and are concerned about their well being, or you wouldn't have asked your question in the forum. Best wishes to you and your babies.