Is this a savannah cat f6? Kitten is 6 month

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mimisah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes she is weird.
Yeah not feeling comfortable asking questions is a red flag.
When I questioned her she right away said there would be others...
I don't know if she is a breeder but it's shady...
The thing I forgot to mention is that she is asking 75$ for a SAVANNAH 🤔🤔🤔
She is either stupid /a liar or insanely rich/generous

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The pictures just appeared on my thread. Your cat is gorgeous !!
Thank you, its actually two different cats but they trick people all the time.

But mine are an example of lookalikes to breeds and they work with my allergies without being purebred. Its all about finding the right cat for you and being willing to wait for it.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes she is weird.
Yeah not feeling comfortable asking questions is a red flag.
When I questioned her she right away said there would be others...
I don't know if she is a breeder but it's shady...
The thing I forgot to mention is that she is asking 75$ for a SAVANNAH 🤔🤔🤔
She is either stupid /a liar or insanely rich/generous
Backyard breeder. She probably used image matching and $75 is what people have been willing to pay. Happens ALL the time and is why you have to ask some questions. It doesn't mean the cat wouldn't be great but it is a scam for someone looking for a particular breed for whatever reason.

You might want to connect with a local rescue and explain you have allergies. Maybe foster or see if you can do a one week trial until you find a cat who doesn't trigger your allergies. I know a few rescues that will do foster to adopt options. They want to find the right cat for you and home for the cat so they will often work with you.

Mimisah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Now with the lockdown shelters have been overwhelmed with adoptions. My local shelter hava had no cat for weeks. That's why I would to pay. Will work on it and hopefully will be posting photos of my new boy or girl ;-)

On an different topic, lots of people say better adopt a female....
And I also heard that Male are much more affectionate and less aloof.

What do you think about that?

I would rather for an affectionate/lap cat and provide more care personally...

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On an different topic, lots of people say better adopt a female....
And I also heard that Male are much more affectionate and less aloof.
It depends on the cat. I have nine consisting of six females and three males, eight of which are extremely affectionate. The ninth one, Freya, was a true feral when we found her at 3 or 4 months. It took her months to be pet without any issues and years (literally almost four years) for her to become affectionate with anyone other than my daughter. Now, she is crazy about my husband, likes my son and daughter-in-law, and permits me to pet her sometimes. As for who is the most affectionate among the other eight, it depends on the person and the cat. Estella is obsessed with my son: follows him, comes when called, greets him, plays fetch, demands he pet her, sits on his lap, etc..Willow is a quiet, silly girl who loves my daughter-in-law and spends most of her time with her. She does greet everyone when they go upstairs. Astrid (Estella's sister), Silas, and Simon love to be pet and will sit on almost anyone. Astrid does, however, particularly like my husband and me. Tara only likes certain people and those whom she likes. she really likes. She throws herself on the floor and rolls around or climbs up on their chests--especially mine--and pushes her head against their necks. She also tries to roll around in their hair when they are sleeping. Especially mine. I think that her favorite person is my son's best friend (my honorary son) because she all but ignores everyone when he is here. Fennimore is also one that likes most people. but he loves me the most. He climbs over cats, books, people, whatever he has to to get to me.He can be a bit of a bully because he is 18/19 lbs and just pushes his way through. He comes when I call him and puts his paws on my legs and makes a specific noise when he wants me to pick him up. Evangeline is a super affectionate cat but is extremely and jittery around people she does not know or when there are more than one extra person in the house. She is deaf and was found as an abandoned stray. It took my son two years to catch her because she is so smart. She seems aloof because she prefers to be in her tower where she can see everything, but when she comes down and wants to see us, she is the absolute sweetest cat you could ever meet. I have met a lot of cats and I mean it when I say that.

As you can see, t

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yah for sure not savannahs. I see lots of fluffy kittens listed as maine coone mixes, spotted tabbies as bengals, color points as siamese or ragdolls so its extremely common. Have you checked with rescues near you? Maybe you could see if they are looking for fosters for fluffy kittens :)

I honestly think it has nothing to do with the gender, and more about personality of each individual kitty as well as age. Young kittens can change and they have tons of energy so will care more about playing then cuddling for quite awhile lol. I have 2 brothers and a female kitten. Jethro is very affectionate and loves to sleep on your lap for hours, while his brother Fynn is more of a foot cat. He will rub against but for sure not a lap cat. Ceriah is very affectionate, sometimes will sleep on your lap, sometimes not but she does love to be held. And she is a torbie to boot, my last torbie only really liked my mom that's it lol. So it really depends on the individual kitty.

Mimisah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It seems like each cat has its own personality regardless of its gender. I think I will go with the cat I will connect with...
My local shelter is empty of cats and they get an hypoallergenic cat as they told me "every blue moon".
I can do up to 1000$ but the nearest breeder sells them starting 2000$. I have been looking enough and in big cities legal breeders can start at 1200$.
Then I am looking at craigslist if any private family wish to sell. I think some are legit mostly if we can track the origin of the cat with a certificate.
I am thinking about an adult cat or even a senior cat that usually are sold cheaper.
No longer fixated on kitten. I am sure they are other joys in adopting an adult cat.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sure they are other joys in adopting an adult cat.
Yes! Evangeline and Simon were both over the age of 7 when we found them. Tara was 4 or 5. Simon is 16 now and Evangeline 10/11. I cannot begin to express the amount of happiness they continue to give our family!

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was so allergic to cats as a child that I couldn't even go into my grandmother's house, who hadn't had a cat for 5 years, but my piano teacher had a very average black domestic short hair that I could love all over and have no reaction. There's no magic formula. I say, if you find a cat you like, make arrangements to visit it and see what happens.

Allergies are also usually manageable once you learn the tricks. I did get allergy shots that allowed me to be around cats without the life-threatening asthma attack part, but I still have the other allergy symptoms from time to time. My symptoms always get better after I've been around a new animal for a few days or more. Washing my hands frequently and before I touch my face (which we are all getting a lot of practice with right now!) helps enormously. A Zyrtec helps when I start sneezing. I've also found waterless shampoos to be very successful at keeping dander levels down. I used them when I would foster cats and there was a noticeable difference in my allergies. But depending on the cat, it's sometimes easier to medicate myself than do a weekly "bath."

Older cats are great! Kittens don't love sitting still for snuggles and would rather being causing mischief. Which is cute, but tiring! And older cats have a fully-formed personality so you know what you're getting into without surprises along the way.

(That breeder is definitely bad news. $75 wouldn't even cover the cost of shots and vet visits that a kitten should have!)

Mimisah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes she is bad and plus a mother if 3. I have her phone number still....I think she might end up in a legal problem if she dares to sell this cat....she might piss off the wrong person and they might and should report her....I don't really understand her point in doing all this for 75$...

But yes I understand your point with allergies. I am actively looking and I am sure my persistence will pay off.

As I was saying my sister rescued 2 cats persian. Hymalayan. I had no reaction at all and she barely paid anything for them.

The hymalayan is a senior cat who looks like a kitten still rescued for a old woman who couldn't keep up anymore. And the Persian was rescued as well. They are long hair. I had no reaction with them at all.

So I am wondering if a simple long hair cat would do the trick.

I really want to avoid paying 1000+ $ for a cat.

Mimisah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi
I finally got my cat. It's a she. She is 11 months. She is cute. I renamed her "Marcia". I did not expect to find her today. She arrived at the shelter yesterday. This morning we spent 45 minutes in a private room at the shelter. I barely had any allergic reactions. She was so sassy and flighty at the shelter with the staff. Did not want anybody to pick her up. She was sweet during the trip home. I put a little but of classical music and chatted with her. When we arrived home. She was so sweet and petting me. Then she hid for like 20 minutes. I gave her her space. I am still giving her space since we arrived home about an hour ago. Now she plays and run around my place.

She is so cute. She is not spayed yet. The virus thing preventing surgeries at the moment.

Also, when she was a kitten, she was dropped by someone. Her nasal track was derivated so when she is sniffing she makes a cute noise.

I have attached a few pictures.

Lastly, does anyone has a suggestion on cats preferred treat. I bought the one in the picture but she hasn't touch it.

Thanks!

Attachments

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
I finally got my cat. It's a she. She is 11 months. She is cute. I renamed her "Marcia". I did not expect to find her today. She arrived at the shelter yesterday. This morning we spent 45 minutes in a private room at the shelter. I barely had any allergic reactions. She was so sassy and flighty at the shelter with the staff. Did not want anybody to pick her up. She was sweet during the trip home. I put a little but of classical music and chatted with her. When we arrived home. She was so sweet and petting me. Then she hid for like 20 minutes. I gave her her space. I am still giving her space since we arrived home about an hour ago. Now she plays and run around my place.

She is so cute. She is not spayed yet. The virus thing preventing surgeries at the moment.

Also, when she was a kitten, she was dropped by someone. Her nasal track was derivated so when she is sniffing she makes a cute noise.

I have attached a few pictures.

Lastly, does anyone has a suggestion on cats preferred treat. I bought the one in the picture but she hasn't touch it.

Thanks!
And she is adorable, looks like she is making herself at home.

Mimisah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! She is already a great buddy. I will check the treat you've recommended. :-)

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is stunning! The shelter didnt already have her spayed? That's strange normally they have vets themselves who do it.. ick.. make sure to keep her inside and try to get her spayed asap cause yah she's at that age lol.

theyremine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is stunning! The shelter didnt already have her spayed? That's strange normally they have vets themselves who do it.. ick.. make sure to keep her inside and try to get her spayed asap cause yah she's at that age lol.

theyremine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our shelter is having issues with having spays and neuters done. We don't have our own staff vet as we are small and rely on several local vets. Most have cut back hours and see only emergency patients, so waiting for 3 weeks is not uncommon. Has the shelter offered to spay her once things return to normal?

Mimisah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks, she is and also very very active. I am keeping her inside. They got her yesterday and they reduce surgeries during this virus lockdown. They will call me once the surgeries resume.

Mimisah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our shelter is having issues with having spays and neuters done. We don't have our own staff vet as we are small and rely on several local vets. Most have cut back hours and see only emergency patients, so waiting for 3 weeks is not uncommon. Has the shelter offered to spay her once things return to normal?
Yes, they offered it. It was included in the adoption price. It's also a small shelter with limited staff.