Is she close?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Honey23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kittens only 57g and is tiny anything i can do in the meantime?

Honey23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Try to guide the kitten to a nipple and put the mouth like right on it so (s)he feels it
I have done she wont latch at all, im going to give syringe feeding a go i have the supplies now and have done some research

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have done she wont latch at all, im going to give syringe feeding a go i have the supplies now and have done some research
Just be careful and go slowly. You don't want the kitten to aspirate at all.. and as soon as (s)he is done put her back in the box so mom can stimulate to go potty and keep warm too just for writing posts purpose im going to call this kitten a her...

Honey23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just be careful and go slowly. You don't want the kitten to aspirate at all.. and as soon as (s)he is done put her back in the box so mom can stimulate to go potty and keep warm too just for writing posts purpose im going to call this kitten a her...
I think it is a her lol i had a quick glance. And she did so well with the syringe feeding had a really strong latch on the syringe. Hope it continues to go well. I have a ordered a miracle nipple i think thats what its called from amazon which wont be here until later tonight.

Honey23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also another thing moms teats are very swollen will it affect her if the kitten isn’t feeding from her?

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is a her lol i had a quick glance. And she did so well with the syringe feeding had a really strong latch on the syringe. Hope it continues to go well. I have a ordered a miracle nipple i think thats what its called from amazon which wont be here until later tonight.
I am glad "she" ate so well. Do you know how much she are? I would keep a little journal of her weight when she was born, how much she is eating at each feeding, and how much she weighs every day.
If she starts to latch then that would be great but I still recommend her start weight and every day weight to be kept track of.
If she has anymore kittens, this goes for them as well. Also Newborn Kittens need to eat often like once every 1 to 2 hours.

I would try to get her interested in eating from momma before you feed her every time just to try to encourage her to eat from momma.

And I really don't know if the kitten not nursing can hurt the mom. She might have pain I she becomes engorged if that is possible like it is in humans.. but I seriously have no clue... I would talk to the vet and explain that she isn't latching and ask if it can hurt her or momma. Also ask them what you might try to get her to nurse from momma.

Honey23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am glad "she" ate so well. Do you know how much she are? I would keep a little journal of her weight when she was born, how much she is eating at each feeding, and how much she weighs every day.
If she starts to latch then that would be great but I still recommend her start weight and every day weight to be kept track of.
If she has anymore kittens, this goes for them as well. Also Newborn Kittens need to eat often like once every 1 to 2 hours.

I would try to get her interested in eating from momma before you feed her every time just to try to encourage her to eat from momma.

And I really don't know if the kitten not nursing can hurt the mom. She might have pain I she becomes engorged if that is possible like it is in humans.. but I seriously have no clue... I would talk to the vet and explain that she isn't latching and ask if it can hurt her or momma. Also ask them what you might try to get her to nurse from momma.
She latched onto mom for a few seconds for the first time. Hope she gets stronger and can feed off of mom. Im feeding her every 2 hours. I have done 2 feeds so far and she had 2ml the first time and 1.5ml the second. I am keeping a note of everything in my phone. Thanks for the advice :)

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She latched onto mom for a few seconds for the first time. Hope she gets stronger and can feed off of mom. Im feeding her every 2 hours. I have done 2 feeds so far and she had 2ml the first time and 1.5ml the second. I am keeping a note of everything in my phone. Thanks for the advice :)
Ok that's great that she is starting to latch to momma. Did she latch on to momma before her second feeding that you did? How is momma doing? And whenever you have a chance, if you would like, pictures are always lovely.. Just throwing that out there lol 😆 😂

Honey23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok that's great that she is starting to latch to momma. Did she latch on to momma before her second feeding that you did? How is momma doing? And whenever you have a chance, if you would like, pictures are always lovely.. Just throwing that out there lol 😆 😂
Yes, it was before but she hasn't latched again after that. Momma cat is doing good very overprotective when im doing feeds. And yes of course lol i forgot i will try and figure out how to send them.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That look on her face looks like she is terrified, she is probably like can i have my baby back please??!!! Lol she is absolutely beautiful!!
Her baby is so cute!!! Gah I can't take it. They are both just toooo cute.
I'm really glad everything is going pretty well, although I do wish baby was latching on momma it is ok because she is eating.
Another thing if you are able to bring mommas food and water closer to her nesting area and the litter box if she isn't leaving the kitten to eat drink and potty.

You probably already did this or momma is going to eat and drink and stuff but just wanted to mention it incase you didn't think of it.

Honey23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That look on her face looks like she is terrified, she is probably like can i have my baby back please??!!! Lol she is absolutely beautiful!!
Her baby is so cute!!! Gah I can't take it. They are both just toooo cute.
I'm really glad everything is going pretty well, although I do wish baby was latching on momma it is ok because she is eating.
Another thing if you are able to bring mommas food and water closer to her nesting area and the litter box if she isn't leaving the kitten to eat drink and potty.

You probably already did this or momma is going to eat and drink and stuff but just wanted to mention it incase you didn't think of it.
Thank you, yes you’re right she gets up as soon as i enter the room because she thinks im going to take her baby to feed it. Is there a better way to do it, shall I feed her in the same room?
i have moved all her stuff to just outside her box so she has everything she needs within a close distance.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, yes you’re right she gets up as soon as i enter the room because she thinks im going to take her baby to feed it. Is there a better way to do it, shall I feed her in the same room?
i have moved all her stuff to just outside her box so she has everything she needs within a close distance.
I think that is a good idea to try feeding baby in the room with with momma. Maybe even sit on the floor so momma can be like literally right there with you and baby?? See how things go with that at your next feeding

Honey23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Give mom a dish of formula a day too. It has calcium she needs for nursing.
I have done thanks
Baby has only out on 4g in 24hours. She is taking her feeds well most of the time (sometimes she takes less and I let her because I don’t want to risk her aspirating)