Is she a wedge head?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jezahb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her ears are hilarious, I originally really thought she would grow into them and they would fit her face but its starting to appear they are just going to stay big and adorable! 

I think my parents cat Moki is cranky the way he is because he started off as my sisters pampered baby (embroidered bed with his name ect ect) but she ended up marrying a man who was allergic to cats. So he ended up with my parents, and never really bonded close to either of them so I think he is in a way, unhappy. So he is just a bit of a grump, he doesn't like to be touched sometimes and other times looking at him makes him growl and hiss. Poor boy  

However 'Leesi is developing the more opinionated type of personality. She is honestly the smartest kitten I have ever met, you look in her eyes and you can just tell there is a very active mind in there. She purposely hides her toys on herself, and then 'finds' them later to play with, and she already knows her name among several other words. I know Siamese are supposed to be incredibly smart, and Tasha was, so that even more makes me see Siamese in her. 

As far as voice, well Khaleesi already has a very loud voice but it is still the kitten squeak and not the more nasal voice I know and love. Adorably story about Tasha was you always knew where she was because she could NEVER resist responding to her name. You could walk all over the house saying "Tasha...Tasha, Tashi....Taaaaasha!" and follow the "Maaaaaaaas" to find her, usually sleeping under the bed!

Ah, I could go on all day about Tasha as I loved that cat. Sleep next to my head everyday till she was put to sleep.

Anyways, here is a funny video of Khaleesi attacking my older boy cat Jinx as he tries to nap on my bed. Towards the end she lets her feelings be known, it sounds like she is complaining that Jinx is being too rough, but I was watching and he wasn't even biting her but licking! After attempting to bite his face and being unable, she grabs hold of his ear and bites down with all her might trying to get him to stop grooming her and play! When he doesn't respond she lets out a very frustrated whine! Typical Khaleesi, doesn't get her way so she lets the world know how she feels!

From 0:47 to 0:50 you can also really get a view of her chest mohawk!

Last edited:

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

However, looking around and finding pictures I found this picture of several 'old fashioned' Siamese kittens and they look identical to what I am seeing from Khaleesi at this age as far as body and ears. Even down to the odd way the fur changes direction on the chest.

You can see the change of direction in how the fur grows on any cat if the fur is short enough.  I've also seen harbour cats in Greece with a pretty foreign / Oriental build - that's the tendancy for cats in warm areas.  In colder areas they tend to be bigger and stockier.

I think her ears are a different shape and size (slightly smaller) and set differently - more straight up whereas the wedge of these kitten's faces runs into the ears, and the outer edges then gently curve to the vertical, or nearer to it.  Sorry but you are not convincing me, however on the plus side we are getting to see lots of photos of her - and some other lovely shots!

To take good photos of her, put a chair with arms in good but diffuse light - facing a north-facing window on a sunny day works.  Drape it with a white or pale sheet (maybe two layers to ensure nothing from the chair's upholstery shows through).  Pop your cat on it, and use the snow setting on your camera.  The sheet will be a bit over-exposed but you have the best chance that way of showing detail in her.  Use the camera zoomed in as much as it will, stand back enough that she fills the frame with a bit of a border.  Someone to help can be very useful - to pop her on and maybe to distract her with a toy to get her to look where you want her to look.  If you can get catchlights in her eyes that really brings the photo alive.  That's when you see tiny reflections of something bright in them.

Last edited:

mypallily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm going to be straight up honest with you, your beautiful kitten doesn't look like it has any Siamese in it from the pictures you have shown.  In fact, my new kitten has longer legs and is slimmer than your kitten.  I'm sorry for being so blunt, but it looks like you may have been taken in by someone who was trying to get rid of a regular black kitten.  The thing is, often black cats are overlooked because of superstitions etc.  To add that the kitten is part Siamese would be a way to draw someone in (as it did you) to get a free kitten that was part purebred.  I'm sorry, but this kind of thing happens all the time.  Before I got my regular old short-haired black kitten, I came across someone who was claiming to have a part Siberian black kitten.  On further investigation, this part Siberian kitten was really only a quart Siberian at best.  The mother was supposed to be part Siberian and the father was, a domestic black cat.  If the breeder was telling me the truth, then that would only make the kitten 1/4 Siberian and yet these kittens were advertised as being half.

I know you had your heart set on having a part Siamese cat, but from what I see, my cat actually looks more part Siamese than yours.  If it makes you happy to think that you weren't lied to or that your cat is part Siamese then by all means, go with that, but the truth is, regardless if it actually is or not, the cat you have is not purebred.  So, no matter what you call it, it will always be just a really beautiful black cat, nothing more, nothing less.

I'm proud of my little black cat and I know that you love yours too, so just be happy you have a great cat that is healthy and fun to have around.  I am really enjoying your photos.  Once I get some good one of my new companion, I'll post them.  It's hard to get a good picture of her when she is awake as she is always on the move...LOL  I want to get one of her beautiful eyes that are green to yellow in colour.  Take care and sorry for being so blunt, but most on here have told you what I've said in a much kinder way and yet it seems like you just aren't able to accept the fact.  It truly doesn't matter what kind of cat you have as long as you love it.

jezahb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, it is what it is. Her having pointed siblings I guess just made it seem a lot less likely to me that I was being lied to...but apparently short of seeing her being born out of a Siamese cat who I personally knew was a registered Siamese....we will never know. I know what I see when I look at her, and I see a cat who is different looking than any of my past kittens I have fostered or adopted, however maybe that is all she is. I know up here in the far northeast most of our strays are bigger boned and usually longer haired so maybe Khaleesi is unique looking to me as that is the kind I was used to seeing. I do not find her plain or ordinary at all, as she is aging her coat is getting sleeker and shinier coupled with her lanky looks and mint green eyes (they are green, my camera never fails to turn them yellow) she is like my baby black panther. 

Its not that I am refusing to accept the facts, its just I guess I look at the facts differently. I see them as this, foster mom said she saw Siamese mom, 2 siblings were pointed, she has big ears even if not shaped the same as purebred Siamese, is long and slim legged, has Siamese sass, has long whip like Siamese tail, has very short coat. That to me is a decent amount of facts to say the foster mom was probably not lying, but to others I guess it is more likely a odd twist of genetics that made all these facts look like they do. I don't really care since in the end I am very stubborn and will believe what I believe, however I admit it would be fun to be able to share her with other Siamese lovers and not be told "Nope, she is not up to chuff, not Siamese enough" but I can't control that she doesn't have papers. I wouldn't want that anyways, I adopted her out of all her siblings who were several different shades because my heart chose her regardless of breed or looks. 

My dad is coming over tomorrow with his professional camera equipment to try and get some better pictures of my little girl, so I will be posting those tomorrow. 

mypallily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I posted pictures of my Lily in the Fur Pictures forum.  She is about 14 weeks or so now and you will see how silky sleek her coat is, but the pictures don't really show how truly long her legs actually are.  I wish I was able to get a picture of her standing, but as I mentioned before, she is never still long enough.  Enjoy your kitten regardless of her breed...She's a beauty no matter what.  I look forward to seeing her pictures taken with a professional camera.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
green eyes often photograph yellow, very frustrating I know. Have fun with your dads photo shoot :)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
green eyes often photograph yellow, very frustrating I know. Have fun with your dads photo shoot :)
Yes, I've had more luck with real close-ups, getting the green of Nilah's eyes.

And do enjoy the shoot..  It's great when there's two of you taking the shots as one can try to get their attention.

I look forward to seeing them.

jezahb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The long awaited pictures from a professional camera! Having both my parents here too to distract her and get her to 'pose' made life easier too! You can see more of her features here, her cute face, green eyes and her super short siamese like coat. Some pictures are still slightly out of focus as my dads camera was having a hard time narrowing in on this little black kitten!

And the last shot because to me, it shows her lithe body shape the best even if its just her drinking

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
She's just beautiful..

And very much loved!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
but still nothing shouts Siamese at me...
Same here. 

She is of course still adorable, and the photos are wonderful. It always helps having an extra set of hands or two around for photos.

Last edited:

mypallily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have to agree with OrientalSlave.  When I saw the first picture, I couldn't believe how much her face looks like my new kitten which has no Siamese at all in her.  In fact, I thought it was my kitten and I had gone to the wrong site...Of course, once I saw the rest of the pictures which, by the way are lovely, I realized it wasn't mine. 

So many black kittens or cats in general have that bit of a wedge look head and if they are short-haired, are sleek with a slim body and long legs.  I'm sorry, but I just don't see anything that resembles a Siamese.  What I do see is a very sweet little black kitten that I'm sure will be a wonderful companion.

jezahb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry about no updates for a while, been busy here redecorating and enjoying my little girl. She is just such a unbelievable love, she is a very one person little girl and I am her person. If I am busy and out all day, as soon as I get home she trots up to me purring and trilling begging for cuddles. She just can't seem to get enough affection, and is not aloof in the least...or just not to me! Other people, she is very much a spoiled baby and wants nothing to do with them. However, for her mama she is the biggest baby love! 

New pictures, she is about 11 weeks now...where does the time go!  She seems to be blending flawlessly from unbelievably cute kitten into stunningly beautiful young lady! 

Last edited:

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something fascinating happening at the window 
 Lovely updated pics

jezahb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

A picture says a thousands words but a video says more! Its been a while and I haven't updated, but this is Khaleesi at 4 months. Her eyes are amber, and getting darker constantly and her head has stayed very round with a short nose...so much so that the vet thinks that instead of a Maine Coon dad her father may have been a Persian or maybe a Burmese. Honestly I don't care, I just know she is the most beautiful baby I have ever known! 

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for updating, she's looking lovely. I'm not seeing Burmese, Persian, Maine Coon... or Siamese 

jezahb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That proves looks aren't everything! Due to my own insatiable curiosity I contacted the girl I got her from who got me in contact with the woman who owned the Siamese mommy, and yes she was a purebred meezer! She was a seal point, and she wasn't the extreme wedge head type but "Thai" (the women's words) but had CFA papers. Turns out Khaleesi's mom was only 7 months old when she had her litter which explains why she didn't exactly have the mothering thing down. The dad is a mystery since the woman SWEARS she doesn't know how her cat even got out. Mom cat is now spayed which I am happy about, but it was nice to meet Khaleesi's mom. So yes she is half siamese, but the other half is most likely moggie since while its not unheard of (my family rescued a Persian from the streets once) its unlikely a purebred would be out wanderiing. I guess the Maine coon dad thing was made up by the woman who bottlefed the kittens since she didn't think plain black half Siamese kittens would be adopted so she advertised as "Half siamese half maine coon". 

So that ends the speculation as Leesi is certified half siamese, half....who knows what!

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Glad you got it sorted.

She's a very beautiful girl 

mypallily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No matter what her background, she is beautiful...just like my little girl...
  I must post some recent pictures of Lily assuming I can get out from under the Christmas tree...Her new favourite spot!