Is She A Maine Coon?

Suziethekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I think my cat look like maine coons
But I found her on the street so I know nothing about her breed
She's so friendly and lazy
Everyone who sees her says she looks like a mainecoon but I'm not sure.
She has the mane, thick coat and tufts on her paws but doesn't have ear tufts she isn't playful but so friendly and loves strangers
When we got her she was pregnant So after she gave birth she lost her mane :/
I'm wondering is it ever going to grow back?

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Manes grow usully with the winter season.
We had love to see pics of the whole body. How big is she?

The face could sit on an a maine coon, or a sibirian. it depends in much where you live. In USA / Canada Maine Coon connections are of course more common than being sibirian-descendant.

But please google on the natural sibirian" Masha Obninsk". :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suziethekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry these pictures are not so clear :3
I'll try to take a picture of her soon if these are not working ( these pictures are after she lost her mane and a lot of her fur
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_2649.JPG
She isn't so big but she seems to be around 1 year old

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I think her mane will probably grow back. A few years ago now, Charlie had his leg shaved at the vet so that they could insert a catheter. After a few weeks, his fur was completely grown back. Granted, he is a shorthaired cat, so for a longhair it will probably take longer. Also, for longhaired cats especially, there is some seasonal variation in coat length (you can see pictures of this here: Seasonal Changes) so her fur might grow longer/thicker again in the fall.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suziethekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think her mane will probably grow back. A few years ago now, Charlie had his leg shaved at the vet so that they could insert a catheter. After a few weeks, his fur was completely grown back. Granted, he is a shorthaired cat, so for a longhair it will probably take longer. Also, for longhaired cats especially, there is some seasonal variation in coat length (you can see pictures of this here: Seasonal Changes) so her fur might grow longer/thicker again in the fall.
I hope so :)