Is She A Lynx Point Siamese?

Daniellefox05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
BD7FB0F3-205C-4B8C-A98B-71033CBD0C45.jpeg
hi everyone! This is my kitten, Sushi. She’s 12 weeks old. Her hair is pretty interesting. What breed do you think she is? I’ll link an IMGUR album so you can see all her pictures.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is adorable! Does she have a fluffy tail? My guess from these pictures would be that she is going to be a longhaired cat. I would describe her as a seal lynx point and white domestic longhair.

The Siamese is a shorthaired pointed breed with Thai ancestry, a slender body style, and relatively wedge shaped head. Although the recessive colorpoint gene (the gene that is responsible for pointed coloration) originally came from the Siamese breed about 70 years ago, at this time colorpoint is widespread in the domestic cat gene pool, and doesn't indicate that a cat is a "Siamese" or has recent Siamese breed ancestry. Most cats are not any particular breed.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
What a cute kitty! I too would describe her as a seal lynx point Domestic Shorthair. I think her face looks rounder than what we might see in a cat with more recent Siamese ancestry. But, if you’re curious to see what breeds she has genetic similarities to, you could get her DNA tested.