Is My Kitten A Purebred Ragdoll?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Sydney0502, welcome to TCS! If you feel like it, please do introduce yourself and your kitties in our "New Cats on the Block" forum.

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with breeders. For future reference, in case you decide at some point to add another kitty, the best place to meet reputable breeders is at cat shows. These are the breeders who are the most dedicated to their breeding programs, because they're the ones willing to spend the money and time on going to shows.

EDIT: typo, sorry!

Last edited:

Wags

My Niki
Adult Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE Even the "low Fel D1" cats still cause reactions and even heavily biased studies on specific breeds could only produce low Fel D1 results half the time.
Sadly, no such thing as a "hypoallergenic" cat breed, which is too bad because my wife is allergic :([/QUOTE]

Hypoallergenic: yes its all a bit maybe/maybe not. So I got Nikita partly because of this, she sheds very little and a friend who is a little allergic to cats (eyes itch and get red etc) didn't have any reaction. So we did a little test and picked Niki up and rubbed her on the friends face - she is such a well handled calm kitten she was like 'whatever strange humans' lol .... still no reaction at all from friend (she reported back to next morning). Anyway thats my experience with a 'hypoallegenic breed'. I am not allergic - so I only have examples from friends and family who visit :-)