Is my kitten a Bengal or tabby ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Chasey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Since you kept insisting it was all chasey in the original post I went to look back. There are at least two different cats there — a tabby and a pet quality Bengal. Would you care to share what’s going on?

These two are obviously different cats, and the first is dated April 2021, so the cat in it would be more grown by now.View attachment 397397View attachment 397398

There’s also this cat on your profile that doesn’t appear to match either photo of Chasey above.

View attachment 397399
You can see I’m holding him so his body is stretched the reason I did this is so you can see the pattern clearly. Also since you want to deeply observe yet you are still wrong open your eyes and have a good look since your so invested. This is all the same cat. Check the date on the pic again your reading it upside down my love it’s from October not April. The only pic that is not Chasey is my profile pic every other pic is him. Also I’ve just uploaded another pic I took just now

Chasey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Since you kept insisting it was all chasey in the original post I went to look back. There are at least two different cats there — a tabby and a pet quality Bengal. Would you care to share what’s going on?

These two are obviously different cats, and the first is dated April 2021, so the cat in it would be more grown by now.View attachment 397397View attachment 397398

There’s also this cat on your profile that doesn’t appear to match either photo of Chasey above.

View attachment 397399
Chasey says hey it’s me you silly sausage

Attachments

Chasey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

View attachment 397399
The date says October 10th for the record

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No where does it say that’s chasey, the pic is an aesthetic to show the comparison between grey Bengal kitten and Chasey as to as why he could be perceived as Bengal or Bengal mix. I then posted a pic of me holding him to show the similarities in his coat in regards to him being Bengal or mixed. Which is what I wanted opinions on.

it’s not odd I’ve posted several pics of Chasey. Only this one particular pic was a comparison because I was showing a grey kitten. I thought it was obvious since I’ve posted Chasey numerous times so it’s evident what he looks like
I was wondering too because that is obviously a different kitten. I was very tired and didnt notice it last night for some reason. I still think Chasey looks part bengal. As I said Bengals can be problematic whether they are bred by reputable breeders or not. They are known to have a lot of personality and behavioral issues due to the fact that they are hybrid cats. I will probably be slammed for saying this on the site but I do not approve of hybrid breeding for those reasons and other reasons. Whether it is by a reputable breeder or not. I am thinking the fact that he is probably not purebred is going to help with any of those issues. In any case it takes a very special person to care for a bengal cat.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely. Any tips to calm them down? I’ve noticed chase likes to watch tv and when I put cat videos on my phone and prop the phone up he sits and watched is for ages really engrossed lol x

I appreciate you are very invested and are insisting my cat is a brown tabby. Thank you so much for your assistance. Chase is very much so grey looking in colour similar to charcoal. I purchased a grey kitten and was wondering if he is Bengal or part Bengal based on the information I was provided along with viewing the parents then there’s also the distinctive Pattern resembling Bengal. None the less your opinion is one off many conflicting opinions I have received and I thank your for feedback
Well Quinn does not have in any way a Bengal’s potential activity drive etc. He is not a hybrid cat and does not show any aggression like they can etc. I am not saying they all do though of course. Some are known to be sweet etc. But they have to have a huge amount of activity and really a companion cat who is on the same level is a great idea. Walks on a harness, a laptop/ tv to watch, tons of toys, cat trees with access to windows, catio if possible etc. Regular adventures outside on harness- there is a man on insta who takes his bengal everywhere for outdoor adventures. You can go to a bengal cat site where other bengal cat people can give you advice. They are known also to have litter pan issues starting at 6 months because of the hybrid aspect. They can start marking their territory by urinating everywhere. And they can be super aggressive about food too- you need to feed them a lot. A raw diet is a good idea. Of course I hope you will have none of these issues with Chasey. Each cat is different and you have bonded with him which is so important.

For Quinn the main issues were the activity, so I played with him nonstop, and jumping on Syb. My Sybil an nfc forest cat mix was older and getting sick at the time, so it was not a good match because he just wanted to dominate her etc. I tried meds etc. which did nothing, a thunder coat helped etc. but the last few months I kept them separated. Really it was a personality issue not so much a breed issue because pb cats can have all sorts of personalities as can domestics. I should have picked a calmer kitten or got two so they would play with each other. Really a forest cat kitten would have been better because they are usually pretty chill.

Later I took in Merlin a 2 year old outdoor rescue who bit me outside. I tamed him and now he and Quinn are best buddies. They love running around / wrestling etc. If Quinn gets into his dominant mode Merlin who is very big, swats him off etc. Quinn is very sweet he is my guardian and watches everything I do. He just is not a super cuddly cat but he is still very affectionate and super smart and so very Siamese, lol. At 1-2 years and with Merlin his activity needs have ebbed a bit too.

Last edited:

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Quinn does not have in any way a Bengal’s potential activity drive etc. He is not a hybrid cat and does not show any aggression like they can etc. I am not saying they all do though of course. Some are known to be sweet etc. But they have to have a huge amount of activity and really a companion cat who is on the same level is a great idea. Walks on a harness, a laptop/ tv to watch, tons of toys, cat trees with access to windows, catio if possible etc. Regular adventures outside on harness- there is a man on insta who takes his bengal everywhere for outdoor adventures. You can go to a bengal cat site where other bengal cat people can give you advice. They are known also to have litter pan issues starting at 6 months because of the hybrid aspect. They can start marking their territory by urinating everywhere. And they can be super aggressive about food too- you need to feed them a lot. A raw diet is a good idea. Of course I hope you will have none of these issues with Chasey. Each cat is different and you have bonded with him which is so important.

For Quinn the main issues were the activity, so I played with him nonstop, and jumping on Syb. My Sybil an nfc forest cat mix was older and getting sick at the time, so it was not a good match because he just wanted to dominate her etc. I tried meds etc. which did nothing, a thunder coat helped etc. but the last few months I kept them separated. Really it was a personality issue not so much a breed issue because pb cats can have all sorts of personalities as can domestics. I should have picked a calmer kitten or got two so they would play with each other. Really a forest cat kitten would have been better because they are usually pretty chill.

Later I took in Merlin a 2 year old outdoor rescue who bit me outside. I tamed him and now he and Quinn are best buddies. They love running around / wrestling etc. If Quinn gets into his dominant mode Merlin who is very big, swats him off etc. Quinn is very sweet he is my guardian and watches everything I do. He just is not a super cuddly cat but he is still very affectionate and super smart and so very Siamese, lol. At 1-2 years and with Merlin his activity needs have ebbed a bit too.
I forgot to say that Quinn loved to watch other kittens/ cats on my phone/ ipad etc. ( especially when he was a kitten, I think he missed his original family) and sports on tv, he would sit in front of the tv on its table and swat at golf balls, hockey players, gymnasts, and more 😹 He doesn't do it as much now.. but sometimes. He is a funny boy. If I am wearing a skirt, instead of chasing his wand toys he hides under my skirt and jumps out or observes it. I can get him spinning in circles like crazy with one fav toy and he used to go up and down the stairs very fast too until he was out of breath. He also loves to climb up high on bookshelves too, very high. I think Bengals like that too, so put up some cat shelves or any type of shelf that Chasey can climb up and observe his space. Quinn also loves a jack in the box game, he used to jump out from under a table cloth and pop back in, now he does it on a high back chair. He is a very bad boy sometimes and loves to knock stuff off tables and counters 😹 He can chew certain things so anything he likes is out of reach or immediately thrown out such as rubber bands. I will try to post his spinning video I made.

Sassypants_Mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just a person selling cats, they made a point to show me parents although the so called looked mother pregnant. That made me start to assume they are back street breeders. Rather then their pets just having kittens. I was just confused because my kitten didn’t resemble the “parents” they stated he’s a Bengal. But he doesn’t totally fit the description. I’ll be taking him to vet soon. He’s really lovely and has beautiful markings to me resembles a Bengal but also a tabby
Hello! How to tell if your cat has Bengal in it has a lot to do with the cat's personality actually! I have a Marbled Bangle without papers (vet verification) that just showed up pregnant in my garage! She fits the personality perfectly and does all of the thing's pure breed Bengals do. Actually she gets a little crazy with my older cat! Tabby is just a color of the coat,marbled is also.

Attachments

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello! How to tell if your cat has Bengal in it has a lot to do with the cat's personality actually! I have a Marbled Bangle without papers (vet verification) that just showed up pregnant in my garage! She fits the personality perfectly and does all of the thing's pure breed Bengals do. Actually she gets a little crazy with my older cat! Tabby is just a color of the coat,marbled is also.
Your cat is a beauty 😻

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Is your vet a breeder or otherwise in cat fancy? Vets are notorious for knowing jack about breeds — every shorthair tabby is a Bengal or mix, every LH tabby is an MCO mix, etc. Cats aren’t like dogs — vast majority have no breed ancestry in any significant capacity. I’ve had vets call one of my pedigree MCO anything from a DLH (as a kitten) to an NFC, Siberian, and Ragamuffin, when the breeds look nothing alike to each other. My show MCO got called an “NFC Siberian mix” by a very imaginative vet once lol.

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Personality has nothing to do with breed, everything a purebred cat does or acts like, a domestic does the same. Your cat looks like a marble domestic, what leads you to believe she is a Bengal? FYI a vet can't "verify" breed because breed is only provable through pedigree.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personality has nothing to do with breed, everything a purebred cat does or acts like, a domestic does the same. Your cat looks like a marble domestic, what leads you to believe she is a Bengal? FYI a vet can't "verify" breed because breed is only provable through pedigree.
My siamese boy has some behaviors and mannerisms which are unique to siamese kitties 😻

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My siamese boy has some behaviors and mannerisms which are unique to siamese kitties 😻
I promise you that you could easily find a thousand domestics that do the same behaviors and mannerisms. Purebreds aren't a separate species, they all do cat things.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I promise you that you could easily find a thousand domestics that do the same behaviors and mannerisms. Purebreds aren't a separate species, they all do cat things.
I promise no you couldn’t, you are wrong about this but we can agree to disagree. It is well known that certain breeds are known for certain characteristics, do they all have them, are they all the same, no, but that is a part of breeding in kitties and dogs.

Kokomo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I promise no you couldn’t, you are wrong about this but we can agree to disagree. It is well known that certain breeds are known for certain characteristics, do they all have them, are they all the same, no, but that is a part of breeding in kitties and dogs.
Maybe you could explain what it is about your cat that is specifically unique to a Siamese?