Is my kitten a Bengal or tabby ?

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I appreciate you are very invested and are insisting my cat is a brown tabby. Thank you so much for your assistance. Chase is very much so grey looking in colour similar to charcoal. I purchased a grey kitten and was wondering if he is Bengal or part Bengal based on the information I was provided along with viewing the parents then there’s also the distinctive Pattern resembling Bengal. None the less your opinion is one off many conflicting opinions I have received and I thank your for feedback
He is not grey, and most definitely not charcoal.

I’d be more concerned about the fact he’s poorly bred and potentially has health issues (not to mention the poor temperament that can come with poorly bred cats), rather than being a rare colour. You’re awfully invested in correcting people about it for someone who claims not to have wanted a Bengal.

You’ve yet to once acknowledge several people mentioning that he may be prone to heart, vision, and anemia problems due to his breed and the nature of how he was bred, either.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 brown bengals cannot produce a silver.
Your photos clearly show a brown kitten, I breed browns and silvers (in various colours), and agree with Maurey Maurey the kitten is rather cold toned brown. But most important are the health implications of byb kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Chasey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is not grey, and most definitely not charcoal.

I’d be more concerned about the fact he’s poorly bred and potentially has health issues (not to mention the poor temperament that can come with poorly bred cats), rather than being a rare colour. You’re awfully invested in correcting people about it for someone who claims not to have wanted a Bengal.

You’ve yet to once acknowledge several people mentioning that he may be prone to heart, vision, and anemia problems due to his breed and the nature of how he was bred, either.
I mean the I came on here to discuss if he was Bengal or mixed. Clearly stated that. I’m so happy with him he’s lovely. Obviously I get that that you want to bring up potential health issues regarding his breed that’s great but I’ll leave the medical factors to the vet which you are not. I came on cat site to speak about the appearance and breed of my lovely kitten from Fellow cat owners :) the forum is weather my kitten is Bengal or not. Haha have a nice day

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are the photos in your first post all photos of Chasey? The coloring and stripes look quite different from the later photo/your profile pic.

Chasey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
2 brown bengals cannot produce a silver.
Your photos clearly show a brown kitten, I breed browns and silvers (in various colours), and agree with Maurey Maurey the kitten is rather cold toned brown. But most important are the health implications of byb kittens.
The Health of my kitty is vital and very important. But it’s not what this forum is about just a neat way to discus the breed, love the enthusiasm though and thankful for your knowledge :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Definitely. Any tips to calm them down? I’ve noticed chase likes to watch tv and when I put cat videos on my phone and prop the phone up he sits and watched is for ages really engrossed lol x
The last pics you give, shows again he is more or less purebred Bengal. So, 300 pounds is a good price. It would be a little high for a moggie, but OK as he has apparently Ancestors.
Depends also on if vet checked, vaccinated, dewormed (if parents go outside).

The fact you two connected already at the breeder is of course gold worth.

Kittens in overall, and bengals especially, ARE renown to be lively.
You can go further along with your discovery; either buy him a cheap ipad, and let animals / fishes / birds, or even games play on there. There are interactive plays, which some cats are happy with.
You can also connect such ipad or android to your TV....

You can have a bird feeder outside your window.

But a common solution is to give him a companion. to play, chase and wrestle with. Either another kitten, or a friendly adult from a type so he is moveable nor too old.

Chasey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are the photos in your first post all photos of Chasey? The coloring and stripes look quite different from the later photo/your profile pic.
All the pics are Chasey a few of the pics were screenshots of videos and had a filter

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
The profile pic is of a different cat bred by BengalHeritage, who are reputable breeders as far as I can tell. Doubt they’d ever list a cat on a site like gumtree.

There’s no way they’d sell a cat for as cheaply as OP claims, and both the spotting pattern and colour are different.

Chasey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My profile pic is for Aesthetic. All the uploads are my chasey it’s clear

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My profile pic is for Aesthetic. All the uploads are my chasey it’s clear
That's a little odd. Why not upload a photo of your own kitten? It was not clear from your posts that you were including a photo of a different kitten for comparison.

Chasey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No where does it say that’s chasey, the pic is an aesthetic to show the comparison between grey Bengal kitten and Chasey as to as why he could be perceived as Bengal or Bengal mix. I then posted a pic of me holding him to show the similarities in his coat in regards to him being Bengal or mixed. Which is what I wanted opinions on.
That's a little odd. Why not upload a photo of your own kitten? It was not clear from your posts that you were including a photo of a different kitten for comparison.
it’s not odd I’ve posted several pics of Chasey. Only this one particular pic was a comparison because I was showing a grey kitten. I thought it was obvious since I’ve posted Chasey numerous times so it’s evident what he looks like

Chasey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel Chasey has similarities to the photo but it’s clear & evident it’s not him and also I didn’t state it was him. But Maybe I didn’t make it clear enough I’m comparing Chasey and his markings and colour the photo

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Since you kept insisting it was all chasey in the original post I went to look back. There are at least two different cats there — a tabby and a pet quality Bengal. Would you care to share what’s going on?

These two are obviously different cats, and the first is dated April 2021, so the cat in it would be more grown by now. 186A4495-B114-4BA5-BBF5-0676A4C21FC8.jpeg A44A4FB3-CFA8-4D72-9A7A-29F16E8E08D0.jpeg

There’s also this cat on your profile that doesn’t appear to match either photo of Chasey above.

1633343168399.jpeg

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
These two *might* be the same kitten, though I see some differences in pattern on the sides. Hard to tell for certain. I don’t think it’s the same tabby I highlighted in my previous post though hard to be certain given image quality.

1633344277417.jpeg 1633344297568.jpeg

While these two are definitely the same kitten
1633344349746.jpeg 1633344449312.jpeg

Given the difference in marking density and the lack of proper rosette formation on the first kitten, I’m doubtful these are different sides of the same kitten.

Chasey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol you can clearly see the back ground and the pattern on the blanket it’s the same kitten and open your eyes it does not say April

Chasey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol you can clearly see the back ground and the pattern on the blanket it’s the same kitten and open your eyes it does not say April
Your reading the date upside down lol it’s all the same cat I can show you

Chasey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
These two *might* be the same kitten, though I see some differences in pattern on the sides. Hard to tell for certain. I don’t think it’s the same tabby I highlighted in my previous post though hard to be certain given image quality.

View attachment 397402 View attachment 397403

While these two are definitely the same kitten
View attachment 397404 View attachment 397405

Given the difference in marking density and the lack of proper rosette formation on the first kitten, I’m doubtful these are different sides of the same kitten.

Attachments

Chasey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Some of his rossettes join also when he stretched out you can see his pattern clearly when he sitting like in the first pic it’s less visible simply because of the way he is laying