Is my Feefs a bengal?

grayctknbypyr8s

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted my baby from a local shelter and they classified her as a tabby. I was smitten by her "leopard" like spots and ALL of her meows lol. I started doing research and it looks like she is at least part bengal but I'm not sure but it would explain alot, there has always been a wildness to her she meows a ton and sort of has a growl to it she loves to jump everywhere I know some bengals do too. What do you think?

Attachments

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Highly unlikely to be a pedigree/pure Bengal, given her head shape and that she was in a shelter, but given her rosettes and the way they look most likely has pretty recent ancestry. Given Bengals are an HCM breed, and you don’t know about her parentage, I’d recommend keeping an eye on her heart health, just to be on the safe side 🙂

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

grayctknbypyr8s

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! Thats a big reason as to why I was interested in her breed, for health reasons. I doubted she was purebred I figured it was some tabby mix but I was curious about the rossettes 😊
Highly unlikely to be a pedigree/pure Bengal, given her head shape and that she was in a shelter, but given her rosettes and the way they look most likely has pretty recent ancestry. Given Bengals are an HCM breed, and you don’t know about her parentage, I’d recommend keeping an eye on her heart health, just to be on the safe side 🙂

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would guess one of her parents was a Bengal, she doesn't look purebred. Very pretty girl and nice shelter find! The behavior sounds pretty normal for all cats though. I would ask your vet about keeping a closer eye on her heart, just in case as already mentioned.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful😻 I also think she has a bengal parent or grandparent etc. She has the rosettes and some other features in her eyes/ ears/ face and body as well. Defintely monitor her for hcm. Bengals are not the only breeds who are at risk for that, but I think they have a higher incident as do forest cats and some other breeds. Domestic kitties can also sadly have hcm as my beloved Tess who was dhs sadly had hcm which came out at age 8 or so.