Is my cats desex ok?

aaliyahgillespie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I adopted my kitty on the 2nd of september and she was neutered on the 1st. We took her to the vets on the 4th and they gave her a cone for her desex and said it looked alright. It’s now the 7th and i’m wondering if her desex incision is healing properly? She has a follow up vet appointment on the 11th but I want to be sure it’s ok to wait that long to visit her vet. She’s very active and I have been trying to stop her from jumping around but it’s very difficult with such a bouncy kitty! Thank you

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, would you be able to send this photo in to your vet? I'm not a vet, but I think the interior looks like it's healing.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there anyway you can email the pictures to your vet and see if they advise bringing her in sooner? It doesn't look infected. Is it separating any at the incision site? Is there any discharge? Is it bleeding?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aaliyahgillespie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all! There is no discharge nor bleeding. There is just kind of a crusty patch in the middle which is really the only thing i’m concerned with. I’m going to send that photo to my vet and see if they reply and tell me to book in a consultation for an earlier date. Thank you so much for your reply’s!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You want to watch for inflammation and angry red skin that may be hot to the touch. Also, any oozing of anything from the incision site. Lastly, if she become lethargic, stops eating, starts hiding, or has any change in potty or play behaviors, that's cause for concern and she will need to go back to the vet.