Is my cat pregnant??

Alfie1900

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our cat has been going outside a lot recently and we have noticed she has gained a bit of weight since. My girlfriend noticed one day that her nipples were a little bit more pink then usual so we were both wondering if anyone could help us or tell us if she might be pregnant.

Thank you

This is her belly from the side

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Any non-spayed cat who goes outside can be assumed to be pregnant, as tom cats can smell cats in heat from far away. Your cat sounds pregnant.

How old is your cat? Can you afford kittens? Do you plan to spay your cat after the kittens wean?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alfie1900

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the reply! :)

she is 9 and a half months old, yes we can and wanted her to have one litter until getting sprayed, we will definitely get her sprayed once she’s had one lot of kittens. :)

just wanted to see if I’m going crazy or not that she might be pregnant lol. Thank you so much!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, she is almost surely preg. It MAY be false pregnancy, but that is relatively rare.

The nipples pink darken up up quite exactly on day 21. But the belly rounds up later. So she is prob midways.

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the reply! :)

she is 9 and a half months old, yes we can and wanted her to have one litter until getting sprayed, we will definitely get her sprayed once she’s had one lot of kittens. :)

just wanted to see if I’m going crazy or not that she might be pregnant lol. Thank you so much!
She's still a kitten herself, why would you want her to be having a litter at all? Please make sure you get her spayed after this litter and the kittens all fixed before rehoming as well to stop the cycle of overpopulation.

Alfie1900

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's still a kitten herself, why would you want her to be having a litter at all? Please make sure you get her spayed after this litter and the kittens all fixed before rehoming as well to stop the cycle of overpopulation.
Cats can get pregnant at 4 months old it’s not unusual. I’ve worked with animals myself so I’d never do anything what could be bad or harmful to my cat.

thanks for the reply.

AnimatedLyric

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cats can get pregnant at 4 months old it’s not unusual. I’ve worked with animals myself so I’d never do anything what could be bad or harmful to my cat.

thanks for the reply.
A human can get pregnant at 10-12years old, does that mean they should? No definitely not
can it cause issues yes, she has a higher chance of abandoning her babies and a higher chance of complications during labour, now I am not saying these things will happen but the chances are higher Carrying kittens will use up valuable nutrients needed for her own growth and development and is very unfair on her as she is still a kitten herself and does not need to be worrying about babies

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is young to have babies, but like you said cats get pregnant all the time in the wild at 6 months. With my ferals I had two die during labor that were very young, 5 and 6 months, but since they were wild I couldn't help them.
Just start feeding her kitten food now and when she is nursing to keep her nutrients and weight up, both being pregnant and nursing are hard on them. Watch her when she goes into labor to avoid complications. Everything should be fine. Remember cats can come into heat again just a week after birth, I had one cat who had 17 kittens in one summer before I finally caught her and had her spayed! all the luck! PS if you could get a picture of her standing with you looking down on her it would help determine how big she is.

Alfie1900

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A human can get pregnant at 10-12years old, does that mean they should? No definitely not
can it cause issues yes, she has a higher chance of abandoning her babies and a higher chance of complications during labour, now I am not saying these things will happen but the chances are higher Carrying kittens will use up valuable nutrients needed for her own growth and development and is very unfair on her as she is still a kitten herself and does not need to be worrying about babies
She won’t abandon her babies if she gives birth at home and we are there to look after her, and the babies. I’m not just going to let her wonder off into the streets and let her give birth there. Humans can only get pregnant at that age if they started periods, and have gone through the hormones stage. It’s very unlike for a human to give birth or get pregnant at that age.
Cats get pregnant all the time in the wild, and it’s not unnatural for cats to get pregnant when they start going out and haven’t been done. Just because she’s younger doesn’t mean she will have issues or the babies will. My family cat is 4 and unfortunately when she gave birth one of the kittens didn’t make it. But my friend cat who is the same age of our cat (9 months) she had kittens and they are all extremely heathy. I’m just on here because I wanted to know if she was pregnant or not that’s all not for any other reasons or to be told other things to make me feel like I’m a ‘bad’ person.

have a nice day :).

Last edited by a moderator:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE: Our policy in this forum is-- The focus of this forum is to assist those who may find themselves having to care for a pregnant cat or to hand-raise kittens NO MATTER THE CIRCUMSTANCE UNDER WHICH THE CAT CAME TO BE PREGNANT. The rule is that NO ONE should be judgmental of anyone posting a request for assistance

Please keep this in mind when posting.