Is my cat pregnant?

RavenWingX

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
About a month and a half ago, we adopted a beautiful cat from the streets and we have been taking care of her. As far as we know, she was outside for a month before we got her, as her previous owners left and abandoned her and their other pets.

We're thinking she may be pregnant, but I'm not entirely sure. None of us have ever had a pregnant cat in a very long time. I've attached pictures of her belly below. Her abdomen also juts out a bit, but she doesn't have any abdominal fat. She also eats a LOT of food. If she were pregnant she'd be 5-6 weeks into the pregnancy.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she’s unspayed and was outside, she’s most likely pregnant. Poor gal. Her nipples also do appear to indicate pregnancy. Thank you for taking her in.

What happened to the other abandoned pets? That’s very cruel and irresponsible of the previous owners.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't tell from the pictures. Do you have a side view of her standing up?

Pregnant cats need to eat three times more food than usual every day all nine weeks. Let her eat all she wants.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RavenWingX

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If she’s unspayed and was outside, she’s most likely pregnant. Poor gal. Her nipples also do appear to indicate pregnancy. Thank you for taking her in.

What happened to the other abandoned pets? That’s very cruel and irresponsible of the previous owners.
It was a horrible sight to see. According to the neighbors, the 4 dogs were taken to a shelter, and one of the cats dissappeared. Our cat would sit outside and wait for the neighbors to feed her, we just happened to drive by and see her sitting outside in 95° heat, so we asked around and adopted her the next day. It's been hard introducing her to life with our other cats, as she sometimes still has the mindset that she might not have food the next day (so she is very defensive about her personal space), but we're getting there

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RavenWingX

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

She doesnt like her sides or stomach to be touched very much, but I was able to get these. She has fairly thick fur so its difficult to see the bump, but there is definitely one there.

Attachments