Is my cat pregnant?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oliviaqj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If she is pregnant, she would be about 5-6 weeks along by now, depending on when she actually conceived. Nipples pink up around Day 21, and you can usually see the tummy swell around the end of week 5. Is her belly getting bigger on the sides?
Yes, although one side is bigger than the other side. But both are for sure wider

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s not uncommon at all for one side to be bigger. Cats have 2 horns to their uterus and grow babies on both sides. Keep us posted. She may have 4-5 weeks to go. Pregnancy runs 63-68 days, which is usually between 9 and 10 weeks. We’ll know more as she goes along.

oliviaqj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She really got super big this weekend. Starting to lose hair on her nipples too. This is her birthing area, I’m thinking she has less than a couple weeks personally 😯 maybe I’m wrong though !

Attachments

oliviaqj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This morning Raven has brown discharge and is wanting attention like crazy. She had diarrhea yesterday as well. Is she going into labor soon?? What else should I look out for? She is picking at her food which makes me question if she is going to have them today. Dont they lose their appetite?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Not all cats lose their appetites, though most do have diarrhea to clean out their systems. She sounds like she’s within 24 to 36 hours of labor and delivery. Hang in there!

oliviaqj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not all cats lose their appetites, though most do have diarrhea to clean out their systems. She sounds like she’s within 24 to 36 hours of labor and delivery. Hang in there!
Raven still has not had kittens. She has brown discharge still, I’ve noticed a decrease in appetite, and she is producing milk. I thought last night was going to be the night, she was rolling around like crazy and pacing. She did not have them last night, and is now just laying down. Should I be concerned ? Or should I wait it out before I get veterinary intervention?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just wait for now. It sounds like she’s laboring. Do you see contractions down her sides? They look like waves or ripples.

oliviaqj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just wait for now. It sounds like she’s laboring. Do you see contractions down her sides? They look like waves or ripples.
I see movement. I’m not sure if it’s contractions or just kittens kicking though.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don’t think so quite yet. How is your cat acting now? Is she still having discharge? Is her vulva opening more?

oliviaqj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don’t think so quite yet. How is your cat acting now? Is she still having discharge? Is her vulva opening more?
She was still having discharge last night and there was crazy movement. We thought they were contractions and still no kittens. We are on day 66 of gestation now. I am getting scared for her, but she seems to be not in pain. She’s drinking water, walking around etc. I am not sure what the best call is

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She’ll have them soon! Cats can go to 68-70 days safely.

oliviaqj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’ll have them soon! Cats can go to 68-70 days safely.
we decided to take her into the vet. They’re counting how many, checking the positioning and then hopefully letting me know shes on her way towards a healthy delivery. I’ll update with a head count.:)

oliviaqj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She had 6 kittens tonight. Any advice on what I should do/ look out for/ help her with please !

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is she doing today? Are the kittens all nursing well?

If she ate all the placentas she may or may not be hungry, but put her food, water, and litter nearby. Give her a dish of kitten formula to drink for the extra calcium she needs for nursing.

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awwww! Some photos would be appreciated. You want to weigh all the kittens and make sure they are above 90g. With a litter that size, you're bound to have a runt or two. You can give momma some KMR to help bring her milk in. Weigh daily, and make sure no kittens are losing any weight. Good luck!

oliviaqj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She ate a whole can of wet food about an hour after birth. She was hungry! She’s been eating and drinking water this morning, and has been able to nurse allll the kittens at the same time. All babies are eating well it seems. I’ll put the milk out for her
How is she doing today? Are the kittens all nursing well?

If she ate all the placentas she may or may not be hungry, but put her food, water, and litter nearby. Give her a dish of kitten formula to drink for the extra calcium she needs for nursing.

oliviaqj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awwww! Some photos would be appreciated. You want to weigh all the kittens and make sure they are above 90g. With a litter that size, you're bound to have a runt or two. You can give momma some KMR to help bring her milk in. Weigh daily, and make sure no kittens are losing any weight. Good luck!
B4F5398C-7CA0-4682-869F-910BA1A59617.jpeg
2BA94CB6-0298-49D3-92F2-8B1267305C1E.jpeg