Is my cat pregnant?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oliviaqj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep, it’s not uncommon. It’s cat morning sickness from pregnancy hormones.
Sorry about so many questions- I am just confused. My cat seems to be displaying signs of heat the last few days, but simultaneously is showing signs of pregnancy. Her nipples obviously, morning sickness, a little belly, but appears to be in heat. Is this impossible? Does this mean she is not pregnant? So confused. I guess I do not know as much about cat reproduction as I thought.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Pregnancy hormones and heat hormones are similar. Since she’s most likely pregnant, I would say it’s just her hormones in high gear in general. It makes cats ultra affectionate and more vocal.

oliviaqj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pregnancy hormones and heat hormones are similar. Since she’s most likely pregnant, I would say it’s just her hormones in high gear in general. It makes cats ultra affectionate and more vocal.
I thought the same thing, except she stuck her butt in the air this exact way during the other times she was in heat. Could she be doing this because of her pregnancy hormones? Or is it a possibility she really Is in heat and not preggers?

oliviaqj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your fast and consistent responses, I appreciate it so much

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats do not go into heat when pregnant, so it’s possible she is experiencing a false pregnancy, but not likely with the mating that you and your roommates witnessed.

oliviaqj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats do not go into heat when pregnant, so it’s possible she is experiencing a false pregnancy, but not likely with the mating that you and your roommates witnessed.
Is a sign of false pregnancy/heat only some nipples being pinked up?! Some of her nipples are bigger than others. These pictures were taken at the same time, just different ones.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, nipples looking different are not particularly indicative of anything.

oliviaqj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, nipples looking different are not particularly indicative of anything.
Does that mean they could have looked like this the whole time and I have just never noticed ? lol. Or maybe they are just starting to pink up. I guess I will just have to see

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the cost of having the litter would be far more expensive than spaying her now. Food costs are double and litter as well. Basically a mom with just 2 kittens is eating the same amount of 6 adult cats. Wet food/kmr until 8 weeks old they go through alot. Plus there could be emergencies that require vet trips as well. Have you contacted local rescues to see if they offer rescue rates and as well called all over to find out spay costs? I found prices can be all over the place. :)

Have you fixed the male yet?

oliviaqj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well the cost of having the litter would be far more expensive than spaying her now. Food costs are double and litter as well. Basically a mom with just 2 kittens is eating the same amount of 6 adult cats. Wet food/kmr until 8 weeks old they go through alot. Plus there could be emergencies that require vet trips as well. Have you contacted local rescues to see if they offer rescue rates and as well called all over to find out spay costs? I found prices can be all over the place. :)

Have you fixed the male yet?
I have called about 5 places, all have been unable to take new patients due to COVID or have been around 300+ dollars. The cheapest was humane society but it’s booked out for months. The male is separated from her currently and my roommate is getting him fixed later this week

oliviaqj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
60A85214-B72A-4D15-98BE-45C4F5FDE296.jpeg
Here is a picture of her on her harness at the pond today.🥰 does she have a belly ?! Lol

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The best way to see is to take a picture from above while your cat is standing. It’s easier to see side bulges from above. Cats begin to show around the fifth week.

oliviaqj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The best way to see is to take a picture from above while your cat is standing. It’s easier to see side bulges from above. Cats begin to show around the fifth week.
here’s some above pictures.. just not sure. Her nipples are still pinked up/ even more so than last time I posted.

Attachments

oliviaqj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m sorry I post so many pics/ questions on this thread. I’m just looking for clarity. Here is her nipples currently, can any cat expert confirm this is in fact pinked up pregnant nipples ?!

Attachments

oliviaqj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Those look like pregnant nipples to me!
So exciting yet so nerve wracking. What a beautiful thing to experience!! Sarthur you seem to be the real deal and know what you’re talking about- I have yet another question. I’ve noticed raven has been twitching her back this week a lot. Does this have anything to do with pregnancy?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she is pregnant, she would be about 5-6 weeks along by now, depending on when she actually conceived. Nipples pink up around Day 21, and you can usually see the tummy swell around the end of week 5. Is her belly getting bigger on the sides?