Is my cat pregnant?

Mileka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’ve attached some photos of her nipples and body. She escaped from home while in season and I got her home about an hour later she was supposed to be fixed after her season ended but then lockdown happened and I’m now questioning if she’s preg. I’d say judging by the day she escaped about 4-5 weeks. She’s not acting abnormal.

Attachments

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Has she been in heat since then? If she weren’t pregnant she would likely have gone into heat over this period of time I would think.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mileka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has she been in heat since then? If she weren’t pregnant she would likely have gone into heat over this period of time I would think.
No nothing since then. Would they normally go back into season quickly?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She’s likely pregnant if she got out. You’ll have kittens in a few weeks. Make sure mom eats well to support the pregnancy!

Mileka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s likely pregnant if she got out. You’ll have kittens in a few weeks. Make sure mom eats well to support the pregnancy!
I’m very worried because she is only about 10 months old and it was her first season. Either way she will be looked after. It’s just very worrying with the whole lockdown and getting to a vet if things go wrong. Her belly is slightly swollen but she eats a lot so i am none the wiser.

Mileka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do all cats pinkup when pregnant? My cat is possibly pregnant, no symptoms apart from not going into heat for at least 3 weeks and her nipples seem big (although I’m not sure if they are any different) but very pale. Do nipples have to change colour?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, nipples do not always pink up, but they do usually appear more prominent at least.

Mileka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here is a couple of photos today just to see if anyone thinks she looks pregnant? I’m feeding her kitten food now but I’m worried she might just be fat and I’m adding to the problem if she’s not pregnant. She’s sleeping a lot and not as able to jump as high as normal. I can feel the nipples if I pet underneath.

Attachments

Lilpeanut

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I 'inherited' 2cats, and have 1 that is definitely pregnant, she had the exact same body shape about 2weeks ago..... i thought she was getting a little pot belly from eating--- i was sooo wrong lol

Mileka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I 'inherited' 2cats, and have 1 that is definitely pregnant, she had the exact same body shape about 2weeks ago..... i thought she was getting a little pot belly from eating--- i was sooo wrong lol
Her belly feels hard but I can’t feel any movement or can’t distinguish any kittens. I would put her at about 6 weeks if she is pregnant. It’s driving me insane lol I’m to impatient and really want to feed her enough if she is. How many kittens did your cat have?

Mileka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If it was a kitten bump should I not be able to feel them or see movement? I’m worried they might not be alive, I’ve been feeling her tummy but no signs of life. Her behaviour has changed a lot the last 2 days she is always sleeping and lying down all over the house but then I wonder if that’s because of all the over eating lol her and my boy cat are completely ignoring eachother too (he’s fixed) they would usually groom or act like they see eachother, is this to do with the possible pregnancy? Cats are such interesting animals !

Mileka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You wont feel movement until week 7 or 8.
That’s good to know because the lack of movement is what is making me doubt more. Thankyou everyone xx

Mileka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a difference a day makes 😂 so in 24hours she has got a lot bigger and I got to see and feel kittens moving! Very slight tapping so I would say she’s still a couple of weeks to go. I’m going to phone a vet tomorrow just to see what options and costs are if she needs any help. Any advice welcome. She is a small girl I just hope she gets through this ok. Thankyou for everyone’s input

Mileka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think reality is hitting me with being there for the kittens birth and the fear of loosing her or her baby’s. What do I need to have in preparation for birth and kittens? All advice welcome!

Lilpeanut

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her belly feels hard but I can’t feel any movement or can’t distinguish any kittens. I would put her at about 6 weeks if she is pregnant. It’s driving me insane lol I’m to impatient and really want to feed her enough if she is. How many kittens did your cat have?
Shes in labour now.... ill let you know 😁😁