Is my cat Ok?

raykaye

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got a cat when I was in 8th grade and his name is peanut but he is vary mean to me and everyone els... my friends call him the cat from hell because all he does is bite people he never purrs and hes not a people cat... I need help because I've had it UP TO HERE WITH HIM with him and is horrible behavior! I'm 16 and I take vary good care of him. Some one help me please.  Im looking for tips or anything to make him more behaved. thanks for the tips!                                                                                  

. he is a shelter cat but he was a baby when I got him.

ladybug

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

How long have you had him for? I got my cat as a stray kitten as well, and she's been a pretty grumpy cat her whole life. It was a very slow process of getting her to trust me. I began by giving her treats to let me pet her. She was probably 7 before she would let me kiss her. She also didn't purr until she was over 10 years old.

Now that she's 19 she fully trusts me and purrs. It was worth it in the end. However, she still isn't friendly to most other people but at this point I don't care. =P

When you say he is "very mean to you", what do you mean? Does he attack you? Hiss?