Is My Cat A Bengal Tabbie Mix?

Moo2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeeyee has white around the eyes, black lines up and over the head, three colors- ginger black and brown, black paws and tail tip. She also has black spotting on the tummy. The rescue home thought she may have some bengal in her. Any thoughts appreciated!please see pictures.

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tabby is a color distinction, not a breed. My Chrissy looked much like her and vets described her as a grey tiger too. Tabby's have a distinct 'M' right between/above their eyes on the forehead, which she does. With no pedigree papers your little girl is a tabby domestic shorthair. The spots could indicate some bengal far back in her background, many tabby kittens start out with spots but they grow together into stripes as they mature. Whatever her lineage, she is a beautiful sassy little girl, you are extremely lucky to have her in your life!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would describe Yeeyee as a brown torbie domestic shorthair; I would describe her tabby pattern as broken mackerel (some stripes and some spots). She is beautiful!

Broken mackerel is a common pattern in the domestic cat, and doesn't indicate Bengal ancestry. Spots on the belly are not significant; these spots are normal for mackerel and classic tabbies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moo2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks di and Bob! Thanks lutce! She is indeed a very pretty and dainty cat ! Sorry yes meant shorthair not tabby. When I read up on checklists, she has the three tickered individual hairs, white facial markings , black dots ( still there aged 4 now) , not the m but what they call mascara lines over the head, and black paws).I'm thinking a good few generations ago anyways if ever there was anything. Whatever she is ,we love her