Is it really prohibited to contribute to the 8 month old tread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolstaya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good morning,
I am a new member who wished yesterday to add some my humboldt opinion and advices to the topic started about Siberian' and Persian' cat distinction.

I did not describe any other topics than bearing on Siberian cats' personality and care and tried to provide arguments as the Siberian cat owner and observer for many years.

However, some of my comments have been deleted with the reason Off top/old tread. Can you please clarify the issue.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Welcome!!! I cannot help you with this, but I am sure someone will soon.

Don’t see many Siberian cats lately.They are beautiful.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen any suggestion that it's prohibited, as such, but it seems to be generally considered pointless - someone recently tried to add to a thread that was eleven years old, and with no sign that the poster was even still on the site. From what (relatively little) I've seen, it's considered better to start one's own thread on whatever the topic is - unfortunate when one wants to add to, not start, a thread, but there it is.

Welcome to the site, btw - have you any pictures to share of your Siberians? I'd love to see them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tolstaya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I haven't seen any suggestion that it's prohibited, as such, but it seems to be generally considered pointless - someone recently tried to add to a thread that was eleven years old, and with no sign that the poster was even still on the site. From what (relatively little) I've seen, it's considered better to start one's own thread on whatever the topic is - unfortunate when one wants to add to, not start, a thread, but there it is.

Welcome to the site, btw - have you any pictures to share of your Siberians? I'd love to see them.
Thank you for reply.
I have no pictures of my Siberian cats as they dead many years ago when I was living in Russia. Thereafter, I used to have a pure breed of Persian. Just to feel a great difference.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tolstaya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I can post a link to the article on English which describing many things about Siberians. My cats were about the same aboriginal type without any breeding with Persians as I did not expect any commercial interests that time.

But of course as a former owner I like sometimes to remember my pets and to add some value about their special nature and behaivior patterns. I think it can be useful for other customers.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
tolstaya tolstaya , this is not the way to deal with moderator actions.
You will see in the Forum Rules that you signed when you joined:
Refrain from posting complaints and negative feedback on the public forums. Public discussion of any Mod actions, such as thread editing, thread removal and revocation of memberships, is strictly prohibited.

If you wish to take this further, please flag one of your posts for moderator attention (the best way, as all mods will see it) or contact a moderator by PM.

We've locked this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.