is it healthy if you bond with your cat

CalicoCatLover28

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have had a calico for 6 maybe 7 years and I don't know if it is healthy for the cat.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uness you mean something weird by bonding, its a non issue. A high % of the people that post here have very strong bonds with their cats. Most of the posters that dont have strong bonds with a cat have rescues and other highly challenging cats that they are trying to bond with.

I do understand that in the larger world, there are lots of people that have cats that totally do their own thing and dont have real bonds with their humans. My best friend growing up had one. But probably a big majority here have cats that come running for affection.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The entire point of having a pet, or at least, so far as I am concerned, is to bond with that pet, and they with you. My girl is my other half. She and I are very bonded. She isn't a lap cat type, but where ever I am in my home, she is also, curled up within a few feet of me. Her favorite thing is our snuggle time at bedtime. We snuggle together for a few minutes, then she moves to "her" side of the bed...LOL, I think we're something like an old married couple! Others may not see the bond easily, but we both know it is there. I only hope you have the same thing with your cat. And, for the record, cats are much happier in homes where they have a person that they are bonded with.