is he tabby x bengal or something else?

apocalectric

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We suspect he was a stray, (no microchip not desexed) he literally followed us home one day and we've been caring for him ever since (roughly 3 weeks) the vet said he was 2 years old but no insight on the breed. Just wanted to see if anyone here could identify it. :) his name is Sterling, named after the brand of bass I play

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We suspect he was a stray, (no microchip not desexed) he literally followed us home one day and we've been caring for him ever since (roughly 3 weeks) the vet said he was 2 years old but no insight on the breed. Just wanted to see if anyone here could identify it.
his name is Sterling, named after the brand of bass I play
That is a very nice story!  He found his home, you had been Chosen and got yourself a beautiful cat...  Dont forget to buy a lottery ticked,  Luck is often travelling in groups. (shoals).  

On the face value, he is a domestic classic tabby (black silver I think) and white.   Very nice but but nothing much especial.

BUT.  I dont see the typical bulls eye!  There is so much of the coloruring visible, the upper half of the bulls eyes should be visible...   And this may be a hint - IS a hint, his marbles  has  an origin from a marbled bengal...  If so, perhaps a granddad. Not nearer.

Its easy to fall into the trap to shout "probably a marbled bengal ancestry"  as soon you see a beatiful classic tabby.  I myself tend to fall into this trap.  Till  I realized, some classical tabby domestic  ARE often very nicely patterned...   So nice pattern doesnt need to shout  Bengal, Bengal...

But the marbled bengals dont have the bulls eye.  Neither does your handsome boy.

Tx for helping this guy!