Is Almo Nature A Good Diet?

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello,
I am a little confused about Almo Nature cat wet food, I read on line that is a complete diet and also read that is not. Does anyone feed this food to their kitties as a full meal?
Skye really likes it but I want to make sure that it's okay to feed it to her as a meal ( she's on wet and dry food, mostly wet) she's picky when comes to wet food so once I find something she really likes I make it part of her every day meals ( she likes it so much that she would eat a 3 oz can on one serving) I get overwhelmed by reading tons of stuff on line so I rather ask people with experience!
Thank you in advance

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Almo Nature has both complete foods and supplemental foods in cans. If you look on the can it will either say something like “formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by AAFCO” which means it’s complete. The can will say supplemental or something if it’s not complete. The supplemental foods will often have a very short ingredient list as well, which usually tips me off since it’s hard to find the tiny “supplemental”
Statement hidden on the can (sometimes it’s worse than Where’s Waldo).

I think Almo Nature is a pretty good food, I know duckpond duckpond feeds it to her kitties.

• Purraise
Reactions: GGG

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's kind of an odd brand. At one point the company recommended to feed something along the lines of the canned / pouches foods are complete but needs to be fed alongside dry food for optimal balanced nutrition.

Almo Nature

The Complete Cat line is a complete balanced diet but the company recommends feeding it with other food.
HQS Complete - Almo Nature

These are the US products:
Products - Almo Nature

• Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, It is odd!
Would it be okay to feed it with another brand?

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed multiple brands and flavors, and the common wisdom is that it is healthier to have diversity and if also helps prevent pickiness. I say go ahead!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my cats really like Almo nature. they eat a lot of the salmon and apple, chicken and green beans, and the chicken and carrots. These are the complete recipes, they have all the vitamin and minerals that cat need. There are several more flavors, just look for Complete in the name. I also keep the natural chicken breast around, its just chicken and broth, for when my guys are off their food, or someone is a bit down and out. They love it. I guess with any of their plain foods you could add your own vitamin and minerals, like you get for raw?

Almo does suggest cats get a lot of different protein sources in their foods. not just one or two flavors.

I see on Chewys site they have quite a few new complete recipes. I hadn't noticed because i usually just order from my favorites page. but i will be trying the chicken and duck, the chicken and turkey, and the tuna and sardine next order. :) These have no veggies, it that is an issue with you. But my cats like the little bit of green beans, apple, or carrot in the others, and its not a lot.

I feed other brands as well, but Almo is a big part of my rotation. cats seem to like it quite a bit.

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Great to know!
Thank you so much!
I'm in canada and unfortunately Chewy doesn't deliver here the Almo nature food I found is either salmon in broth or chicken in broth, I'm assuming that's not a complete diet... but Skye loves it! She eats other brands too, I will make note of the ones you mentioned in your comment and look in the stores around my area... hopefully I'll find some.
Thank you again

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those two are most likely not the complete foods. hopefully you can find some of the others. maybe ask the store where you get those two? They may be willing to order?

• Purraise

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's the Almo Nature Canadian site: Home Page - Almo Nature

The Complete line is a complete diet but the other lines are the odd ones that have to be fed with dry food in order to be a complete meal.

• Purraise

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Those two are most likely not the complete foods. hopefully you can find some of the others. maybe ask the store where you get those two? They may be willing to order?
Thank you !

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here's the Almo Nature Canadian site: Home Page - Almo Nature

The Complete line is a complete diet but the other lines are the odd ones that have to be fed with dry food in order to be a complete meal.
That's great!
Thank you!!