Introducing kittens to young puppy

teelaandsasha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there. So I have two beautiful boys who are 7 months old nearly 8 months. I apologise if anything similar has been posted before but at the moment I live in a homeless shelter so my father kindly looks after my cats until my local social services can find me a place to live. I feel so horrible about this situation. When I bought the kittens I was living I what I thought was a stable home and ended up being asked to leave by the owner of the house which is how I became homeless.

They habe been living with my dad for 5 months but i still visit regularly aside from 4 weeks where i was out of the city but when I came back they wouldn't leave me alone and were all over me licking biting and sitting on me.

They are ever affectionate and loving and very playful cats.

unfortunately it looks like another 2-3 months before i can get a house according to the local council waiting times it depends I what type of house I need and the area. As I have disabilities this is somewhat limited.

my fiancee is living with her parents and recently got a puppy who is now 3 months old. This puppy is great fun but hyper and likes to bite everything as at this age she is teething. Alright now the puppy lives with a 3 year old dog and two cats. The puppy does not get much interaction with cats as they are confined to the upstairs part of the house as they are indoor cats and will run outside ( the front garden door is always kept unlocked and its a busy house so they don't want to risk cats escaping) but she has met cats and seems at this stage inquisitive and surprisingly calm in their presence. latest has also met two other cats my family cats at my family home and she is good with them too but minimal intersctiin as they are a bit nervous around dogs.

Sorry for sic a long post but basically they are 7 months old now likely 9-10 months old when they will be getting introduced and living with Belly the puppy who will be 5-6 months old at this stage.

Best ways to introduce them? They will all be moving into my flat as soon as its ready but I might be able to bring Bella around to my father's house to meet the kittens if that would be better when they are younger. I want them all to get along and their interactions to be as positive as can be.

Thank you for reading this incredibly long post thanks for all advice given!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello TeelaAndSasha, here's an article for your reading pleasure :-

[article="29682"]​[/article]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

teelaandsasha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks very much. I just wanted to ist as i thought maybe someone would have an opinion on how everything would work out. Is it better to take th puppy around to my Dada house for meetings just now or wait tell they are all in the same house?

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I can't advice you on this but there are those who have such experiences may be able to help you. Wait awhile and see if anyone picks up from here ;)

teelaandsasha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thats alright thanks very much for your help thus far I'll have a browse around the site then! :)

teelaandsasha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I decided to introduce them today. Buddy sat quietly didnt say a thing or do anything. Calm and quiet seemed relaxed.he touched noses with her and that was it. Jasper on the other hand was going up and pawing her slowly with one paw them going away. He was srill getting claps and accepting claps but would sit near her and paw at her. He wasn't obsessed he was just interested. He is very boisterous and loves to show buddy who is boss. When Bella got hit she didn't do anything she just looked at jasper. She sat nicely and wanted to say hello to them which they let and them sat in my arms quietly for the rest of the time. All in all it went as well as can be. Jaspers tail was up straight most of the time in a friendly greeting but was still pawing her. Didn't sense any aggression from him or see any aggression body language other than pawing jer.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
That's very good to hear. I don't have dogs so I can't really tell you what to do or expect but my guess is since he's a 3 month old puppy, it's easier to intergrate them. As long as they show no aggression towards the puppy should be fine.
Do update us and hope that all get along well ;)