Introducing Betty White

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UGH! *jury duty* I'm the worst material for that as I, too, have very strong opinions and some of them are not popular.
Thankfully, it looks as if the UPS strike is "tentatively" averted. Hoping Betty's order arrives ASAP!
Also hoping you've gained the most possible!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UGH! *jury duty* I'm the worst material for that as I, too, have very strong opinions and some of them are not popular.
Thankfully, it looks as if the UPS strike is "tentatively" averted. Hoping Betty's order arrives ASAP!
Also hoping you've gained the most possible!
Oh poop! I didn't even think about the possible UPS strike. Well, they say it's on its way and projected for tomorrow delivery.

Not to get overly technical, but I did okay. I have a long dated contract that has until December to overcome this earnings noise. I expect the long-term trend to continue. While it's under pressure today, it should do just fine over the next few months. I bought a short-term contract (expires Friday) that profits when the stock price goes down. Because it was an earnings play, most of the price was implied volatility. That's just another way of saying the stock needed to drop hard and fast for that contract to profit. I did take a fill this morning after watching it lose money for most of the first hour of trading. Nobody went broke taking a profit. I took a modest 20% profit for an hour of watching the price movement. Then I went back to Betty for a 30 minute nap. It did not nearly offset how much the other contract lost. I checked the price of the contract over the rest of the morning and I could have taken up to a 60% profit. But if I could predict peaks and valleys, I wouldn't be working my day job.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh poop! I didn't even think about the possible UPS strike. Well, they say it's on its way and projected for tomorrow delivery.

Not to get overly technical, but I did okay. I have a long dated contract that has until December to overcome this earnings noise. I expect the long-term trend to continue. While it's under pressure today, it should do just fine over the next few months. I bought a short-term contract (expires Friday) that profits when the stock price goes down. Because it was an earnings play, most of the price was implied volatility. That's just another way of saying the stock needed to drop hard and fast for that contract to profit. I did take a fill this morning after watching it lose money for most of the first hour of trading. Nobody went broke taking a profit. I took a modest 20% profit for an hour of watching the price movement. Then I went back to Betty for a 30 minute nap. It did not nearly offset how much the other contract lost. I checked the price of the contract over the rest of the morning and I could have taken up to a 60% profit. But if I could predict peaks and valleys, I wouldn't be working my day job.
You'd do better to let Betty predict that than anyone else IMHO. ;)*because in true fact, no one knows and anyone who says different may have a nice heater to sell you right about now.*:insertevillaugh:
Hoping Betty's package arrives tomorrow. :hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob:📦

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty at her grooming bar. She has four, five (one not pictured) tools and she’s still shedding up a cloud. The obvious conclusion I’ve come to is that she is growing them and shedding them in the same action. Timesaver! 🤦🏼‍♂️
BF7069BA-A0A3-4EE4-867C-63FEDEFDC106.jpeg 98D325EA-4CA2-4A3E-8CC2-251F42FC05CC.jpeg
I think she grew her winter coat in the last few weeks, just to shed it. I don’t remember her being this fluffy during the winter months. Or maybe the pred was thinning her coat and the pred reduction is bringing it back?🤦🏼‍♂️ Hopefully not the hairballs too.

She had a very spirited midday zoomies. When I checked the box, I understood why. She passed a fifth leg or a second tail. That must have felt so good! 💩👍 I had sympathetic zoomies and came away from the desk to zip her around a few laps with the laser pointer.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty at her grooming bar. She has four, five (one not pictured) tools and she’s still shedding up a cloud. The obvious conclusion I’ve come to is that she is growing them and shedding them in the same action. Timesaver! 🤦🏼‍♂️
View attachment 455655View attachment 455654
I think she grew her winter coat in the last few weeks, just to shed it. I don’t remember her being this fluffy during the winter months. Or maybe the pred was thinning her coat and the pred reduction is bringing it back?🤦🏼‍♂️ Hopefully not the hairballs too.

She had a very spirited midday zoomies. When I checked the box, I understood why. She passed a fifth leg or a second tail. That must have felt so good! 💩👍 I had sympathetic zoomies and came away from the desk to zip her around a few laps with the laser pointer.
Betty's looking quite smug and self-assured there. Is that before or after the, uh, deposit? :crackup:
I love that third brush (the yellow-orange one with the green handle) -- where did you get it, may I ask?
Elvis was coughing this morning. He doesn't cough, so I'm thinking he's thinking about surprising me with a nice furball. He leaves "furzles" around; I thought he was done with this for a few, but apparently not.
He's decided to hold back on the "gift" for now. :sigh:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty's looking quite smug and self-assured there. Is that before or after the, uh, deposit? :crackup:
I love that third brush (the yellow-orange one with the green handle) -- where did you get it, may I ask?
Elvis was coughing this morning. He doesn't cough, so I'm thinking he's thinking about surprising me with a nice furball. He leaves "furzles" around; I thought he was done with this for a few, but apparently not.
He's decided to hold back on the "gift" for now. :sigh:
I think the beauty bar was after the release party. But I’m not sure. I went back for a second round and got an even larger hairball off her.
9214E1E6-7E84-4E2D-B42B-09A9C328F1A6.jpeg 7F51F153-6D33-436C-AC56-911509FB90CF.jpeg F6069F7B-FA76-4940-BC88-A5B4FB78E063.jpeg

I got that brush off Instagram. Had to search for it. But this looks like it.
Cat Comb Massage Hair Removal Brush

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the beauty bar was after the release party. But I’m not sure. I went back for a second round and got an even larger hairball off her.
View attachment 455747View attachment 455748View attachment 455749

I got that brush off Instagram. Had to search for it. But this looks like it.
Cat Comb Massage Hair Removal Brush
Look how proud she is! *Dad. DAD!!! Look what you GOT!!!* :crackup:She looks positively exultant. *I guess I would be, too. That's a GARGANTUAN one!*:shocked:
Elvis had his awhile ago, right inside the front door. He didn't announce it, though. Fortunately, I found it before my roomie returned from golf.
Looks like a great brush!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look how proud she is! *Dad. DAD!!! Look what you GOT!!!* :crackup:She looks positively exultant. *I guess I would be, too. That's a GARGANTUAN one!*:shocked:
Elvis had his awhile ago, right inside the front door. He didn't announce it, though. Fortunately, I found it before my roomie returned from golf.
Looks like a great brush!
To be honest, the Zoom Groom and the Love Glove are the two best for pulling hair off her. A squeegee is the best for pulling cat hair off the carpet and the cat trees. The Zoom Groom and the Love Glove are the safer ways to squeegee your cat. 😹

She's such a glutton for brushing that I don't mind going through the whole selection for her. 😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be honest, the Zoom Groom and the Love Glove are the two best for pulling hair off her. A squeegee is the best for pulling cat hair off the carpet and the cat trees. The Zoom Groom and the Love Glove are the safer ways to squeegee your cat. 😹

She's such a glutton for brushing that I don't mind going through the whole selection for her. 😻
Elvis is a grooming fan, too. All I have to do is say, "Elvis, BRUSHIES!" or "Elvis, COMBIES!" (Silly, I know. But he humors me. After all, I'm the one who pops the can tops.) and he's THERE. I run his slicker brush gently over surfaces to pick up the loose fur. It works!
But that round brush with the green handle is really attractive, somehow.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may have to throw out this reading. I switched the towel around. That could have given us a different reading. Even the negative reading (tare the scale before she walks off and grab the negative weight of her leaving the platform) seems higher than it should be. She does seem to be moving even more gingerly. I really want her to lose weight not just for the number on the scale. But because she looks like she’d move easier with less weight. She’s a little less than two weeks away from inde-pred-nence. The first change we’ll make is add in CBD. And the next will be to try and remove some I/D from her diet and mix in something higher in protein.
DECB5E14-E541-4847-9C42-2356F512D948.jpeg E0902823-9379-4D4A-86E7-F05C4D3BE5DB.jpeg 66A5CBC3-1B3B-4B25-A4E2-6A7265DE1A18.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may have to throw out this reading. I switched the towel around. That could have given us a different reading. Even the negative reading (tare the scale before she walks off and grab the negative weight of her leaving the platform) seems higher than it should be. She does seem to be moving even more gingerly. I really want her to lose weight not just for the number on the scale. But because she looks like she’d move easier with less weight. She’s a little less than two weeks away from inde-pred-nence. The first change we’ll make is add in CBD. And the next will be to try and remove some I/D from her diet and mix in something higher in protein.
View attachment 455932View attachment 455933View attachment 455934
Agree 100%. Any lightening of her weight will also lighten her step.
I'm wondering, though, about the accuracy of the scale. Of course you're sure it is. Accurate.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agree 100%. Any lightening of her weight will also lighten her step.
I'm wondering, though, about the accuracy of the scale. Of course you're sure it is. Accurate.
There’s a wildcard factor of the towel. But if the towel wasn’t there, she would not stick around to finish her treats. The towel could probably be trimmed as part of it folds over. I switched which end folds over and that’s possibly the large difference between last week and this week. I don’t think she actually gained THAT much weight. I have a week to trim that towel and then we can probably throw away next week’s weight until we have scored a few with the “new” towel.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Daftcat, I’ve noticed you sometimes times give Betty gabapentin before a vet visit. I’ve never done this before, and am looking for feedback. Bottle says 2-3 hours before the vet visit but then how long does it last? Does it make them incredibly woozy for hours afterwards, or just mildly sedated? Cos my guy will need some of his wits on the long, windy road back. thanks!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There’s a wildcard factor of the towel. But if the towel wasn’t there, she would not stick around to finish her treats. The towel could probably be trimmed as part of it folds over. I switched which end folds over and that’s possibly the large difference between last week and this week. I don’t think she actually gained THAT much weight. I have a week to trim that towel and then we can probably throw away next week’s weight until we have scored a few with the “new” towel.
Well, or you could just fold it into the shape that exactly fits the scale and then you wouldn't have to cut it. Just a thought.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, or you could just fold it into the shape that exactly fits the scale and then you wouldn't have to cut it. Just a thought.
Well that’s what I thought I was doing. But clearly there’s a large variance in the way it’s folded and the results recorded. I’d rather take folds out of the picture. Or maybe find the perfect folds and then affix them to the scale with tape or Velcro strips to take out the variance. 🧐🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well that’s what I thought I was doing. But clearly there’s a large variance in the way it’s folded and the results recorded. I’d rather take folds out of the picture. Or maybe find the perfect folds and then affix them to the scale with tape or Velcro strips to take out the variance. 🧐🤔🤷🏼‍♂️
Option "B" sounds good to me...

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Daftcat, I’ve noticed you sometimes times give Betty gabapentin before a vet visit. I’ve never done this before, and am looking for feedback. Bottle says 2-3 hours before the vet visit but then how long does it last? Does it make them incredibly woozy for hours afterwards, or just mildly sedated? Cos my guy will need some of his wits on the long, windy road back. thanks!
I have not used the liquid version with Betty. She doesn't really like liquid meds. And she's famously easy to "pill" because she'll scoop and swallow whatever I can pack into capsules and dip and drop onto the carpet for her. I only used it twice for vet visits. The first time was the first time she took gabapentin and 100 mg was enough to make her a comically docile Betty bag of jello. The dose she is on today was "calculated" through trial and error for the dose that kept her eating to and through her dental appointment without knocking her on her butt. Then I just kept giving it because I was told it would be what she would take for arthritis anyway. Now it's not a high enough dose for that. But I don't want to change that on her until she's done with pred next month. I would like to take her off gabapentin and try CBD with her. But none of this is what you asked. My advice would be to practice dose him on a Saturday or Sunday when you two have nowhere to go and nothing to do. If you have a hard time cutting his nails, this would be a great time to do it. The second time I gave Betty a pre-vet dose, she had already been taking it for awhile and built up something of a tolerance. The 100 mg dosage that turned her into a bag of jello wasn't high enough anymore. She still made a feisty fuss of herself at the vet. She came back with two bruised arms from a failed catheter attempt, and I guess the second one was from a successful catheter. But since you're only using it for vet trips, I don't think he'll build a tolerance off a practice run or two. Better to find out at home that the recommended dose isn't enough (or too much!)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh! I forgot that this is how jury duty works. I'm on standby and have to check in every morning between 11am and noon to see if I'm reporting to a courtroom. Here's the 💩 that really has me 🤬:

" During the standby process, if necessary, you will be expected to be available on a one-hour notice to report to a courthouse for jury service."

So not only do I not know until I'm already into my work day. But then I'm expected to drop everything if they want me in that day. C'mon. Can't you tell me between 7 and 8 am? I feel like I'm a standby hostage this week.

Betty had bed face this morning. It was hilarious and I'm sad I didn't get a photo. Half her face fur was still squished from her former sleeping position despite having already got up and crossed the room. She was sitting at the edge of the kitchen looking at me with half her face squished flat. 😹

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh! I forgot that this is how jury duty works. I'm on standby and have to check in every morning between 11am and noon to see if I'm reporting to a courtroom. Here's the 💩 that really has me 🤬:

" During the standby process, if necessary, you will be expected to be available on a one-hour notice to report to a courthouse for jury service."

So not only do I not know until I'm already into my work day. But then I'm expected to drop everything if they want me in that day. C'mon. Can't you tell me between 7 and 8 am? I feel like I'm a standby hostage this week.

Betty had bed face this morning. It was hilarious and I'm sad I didn't get a photo. Half her face fur was still squished from her former sleeping position despite having already got up and crossed the room. She was sitting at the edge of the kitchen looking at me with half her face squished flat. 😹
Well, a girl doesn't like having her pic going viral when it's like that. So your private enjoyment is a good thing. :winkcat: Betty thanks you. :hearthrob::lovecat3::hearthrob:
That sux bigtime. It shouldn't be possible. But of course, we all know about too many things that shouldn't be possible, being done. :fuming:Hoping you get rejected for jury duty.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, a girl doesn't like having her pic going viral when it's like that. So your private enjoyment is a good thing. :winkcat: Betty thanks you. :hearthrob::lovecat3::hearthrob:
That sux bigtime. It shouldn't be possible. But of course, we all know about too many things that shouldn't be possible, being done. :fuming:Hoping you get rejected for jury duty.
Did not have to report today. Next instructions come after 5:00 today. I am hoping it was just an administrative quirk that the first day's instructions weren't handed out until 11am. I am hoping 5:00 pm will be the instructions time for the rest of the week rather than keeping my schedule hostage to theirs.