Introducing Betty White

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did not have to report today. Next instructions come after 5:00 today. I am hoping it was just an administrative quirk that the first day's instructions weren't handed out until 11am. I am hoping 5:00 pm will be the instructions time for the rest of the week rather than keeping my schedule hostage to theirs.
That would be an improvement.
Betty needs you there. That should be enough. :winkcat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🤬

Their dumb website keeps going down at the reporting times. This isn't Swiftie tickets!

I called their automated number. I'm getting called in tomorrow morning. At just about the furthest edge of the county. 🤦‍♂️

I should put the batteries back in the timed feeders and make sure they work before I set out her lunch tomorrow. I sure hope it's reverse commute and I won't be delayed for her dinner.

Needless to say, I'm not pleased about this. But hopefully I can get dismissed tomorrow and be done with my service week.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🤬

Their dumb website keeps going down at the reporting times. This isn't Swiftie tickets!

I called their automated number. I'm getting called in tomorrow morning. At just about the furthest edge of the county. 🤦‍♂️

I should put the batteries back in the timed feeders and make sure they work before I set out her lunch tomorrow. I sure hope it's reverse commute and I won't be delayed for her dinner.

Needless to say, I'm not pleased about this. But hopefully I can get dismissed tomorrow and be done with my service week.
:fuming:
:argh:
🤞
🤞

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Case was settled that morning. For some odd reason of the legal system, they couldn’t accept the settlement until the jury “was seated.” But since we weren’t proceeding to trial, I guess they didn’t need to continue the charade through jury selection. I suppose having the pool was enough. I don’t really understand it. But I appreciate that my service ended about as quickly and painlessly as it could. I don’t have to keep watching the website all week. And I don’t have to go through selection or sit on a jury. I did have fretful sleep and a nervous morning. Then I took a long lunch at the taproom before settling into an exciting afternoon of CNN.

Betty finished her lunch from the feeder without an issue. She didn’t even freak out with all my morning puttering around. “I’ve got jury duty. We’re not going to the vet. You can keep sleeping.” Maybe she understood the appearance of the timed feeder that she would be staying and I would be going. 🤔

She’s been spending more mornings in bed rather than my lap lately. We’re almost done with the pred. Either we’ll try CBD or I’ll up her gabapentin dose. Either way, hang on another week. Relief is coming soon.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Case was settled that morning. For some odd reason of the legal system, they couldn’t accept the settlement until the jury “was seated.” But since we weren’t proceeding to trial, I guess they didn’t need to continue the charade through jury selection. I suppose having the pool was enough. I don’t really understand it. But I appreciate that my service ended about as quickly and painlessly as it could. I don’t have to keep watching the website all week. And I don’t have to go through selection or sit on a jury. I did have fretful sleep and a nervous morning. Then I took a long lunch at the taproom before settling into an exciting afternoon of CNN.

Betty finished her lunch from the feeder without an issue. She didn’t even freak out with all my morning puttering around. “I’ve got jury duty. We’re not going to the vet. You can keep sleeping.” Maybe she understood the appearance of the timed feeder that she would be staying and I would be going. 🤔

She’s been spending more mornings in bed rather than my lap lately. We’re almost done with the pred. Either we’ll try CBD or I’ll up her gabapentin dose. Either way, hang on another week. Relief is coming soon.
Relief! So glad that's history! And yeah, it is stressful. :argh: As is "an exciting afternoon of CNN." I must admit I watch too much news. I prefer news.ap over any of the TV news services. It's the closest thing to true traditional nonbiased journalism that I've found yet. I do miss local news, though. Not the actuality of it. Just the thought of being able to access it.

"Relief is coming soon" sounds very attractive.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Relief! So glad that's history! And yeah, it is stressful. :argh: As is "an exciting afternoon of CNN." I must admit I watch too much news. I prefer news.ap over any of the TV news services. It's the closest thing to true traditional nonbiased journalism that I've found yet. I do miss local news, though. Not the actuality of it. Just the thought of being able to access it.

"Relief is coming soon" sounds very attractive.
I read far too much news--usually Microsoft's start page because they pierce a lot of paywalls that Apple and Google don't. But I don't often indulge in the talking heads on TV. However, yesterday was an unprecedented news day (or it would have been if it hadn't been his third one this year. 🤦‍♂️😹 )

Looking at my call history and determining when I last talked to her IM, it looks like Betty is just a week away from her final pred dose: Wed Aug 9. Since the next scheduled dose would be the 11th, I am considering August 11 her Inde-pred-nence Day. I will find her a CBD preparation this weekend to get it ordered and ready for the week following her inde-pred-nence.

I'm also looking into getting her a PetsPemf pad. It's an Assisi Loop competitor that has a rechargeable pad at a fraction of the price of Assisi's rechargeable pad. Indeed, their rechargeable pad is on par, pricewise, with the finite use Loop. (When the Loop is out of cycles, it's e-waste.) And I don't need a prescription to order the pad.
Petspemf Pad for Cats | PEMF Therapy Mat for Cats

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read far too much news--usually Microsoft's start page because they pierce a lot of paywalls that Apple and Google don't. But I don't often indulge in the talking heads on TV. However, yesterday was an unprecedented news day (or it would have been if it hadn't been his third one this year. 🤦‍♂️😹 )

Looking at my call history and determining when I last talked to her IM, it looks like Betty is just a week away from her final pred dose: Wed Aug 9. Since the next scheduled dose would be the 11th, I am considering August 11 her Inde-pred-nence Day. I will find her a CBD preparation this weekend to get it ordered and ready for the week following her inde-pred-nence.

I'm also looking into getting her a PetsPemf pad. It's an Assisi Loop competitor that has a rechargeable pad at a fraction of the price of Assisi's rechargeable pad. Indeed, their rechargeable pad is on par, pricewise, with the finite use Loop. (When the Loop is out of cycles, it's e-waste.) And I don't need a prescription to order the pad.
Petspemf Pad for Cats | PEMF Therapy Mat for Cats
Sounds excellent! In fact, it seems to be quite an improvement on several levels over the Loop. *Have you measured her length yet?*
Yeah, I'd agree if it wasn't just one more in a series that seems to be endless. DO SOMETHING already. Or just leave it as is, SNAFU and FUBAR. :fuming:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds excellent! In fact, it seems to be quite an improvement on several levels over the Loop. *Have you measured her length yet?*
Yeah, I'd agree if it wasn't just one more in a series that seems to be endless. DO SOMETHING already. Or just leave it as is, SNAFU and FUBAR. :fuming:
Have you tried measuring a cat's length? She just turns around and looks up at the tape and circles and squirms. I had to press her down ("Squish the cat"), rub some flub to get her good and distracted, and then take an approximate measure before she sat up and complained that I stopped rubbing. She's right on that 20" cusp. I think I'm going to sacrifice an old gym towel to cut up the two sizes and see which would work best beneath her favorite spots.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried measuring a cat's length? She just turns around and looks up at the tape and circles and squirms. I had to press her down ("Squish the cat"), rub some flub to get her good and distracted, and then take an approximate measure before she sat up and complained that I stopped rubbing. She's right on that 20" cusp. I think I'm going to sacrifice an old gym towel to cut up the two sizes and see which would work best beneath her favorite spots.
A tiny bit of Betty Overage wouldn't compromise the beneficial effects, I don't think. A smidge of tail isn't going to make a difference. *You got me going there. I got out my industrial strength Stanley Powerlock and came at him. He ran. He ran all the way to the desk that he's hiding under.**Nope. You ain't gonna measure THIS cat.*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A tiny bit of Betty Overage wouldn't compromise the beneficial effects, I don't think. A smidge of tail isn't going to make a difference. *You got me going there. I got out my industrial strength Stanley Powerlock and came at him. He ran. He ran all the way to the desk that he's hiding under.**Nope. You ain't gonna measure THIS cat.*
I don't know if a metal tape would be any easier. I tried with a flexible measuring tape. There was nothing to spook her (not that this one spooks easily.) It was more of a game to her. What's that? Can I bite it? It's going where? Why is it above me? Are you sure I can't bite it? 🤦‍♂️ 😹
:dancingblackcat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if a metal tape would be any easier. I tried with a flexible measuring tape. There was nothing to spook her (not that this one spooks easily.) It was more of a game to her. What's that? Can I bite it? It's going where? Why is it above me? Are you sure I can't bite it? 🤦‍♂️ 😹
:dancingblackcat:
Yeah, I know a fabric one wouldn't be scary. But the metal one was close at hand. I'd have to go through several machinations to get to the cloth one. But you're right. That's the one that'll get it done. ;)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was able to fold a towel to simulate the two sizes without having to cut one up.
DCCE9BCB-F835-40BC-B7E5-3E59A64E7BFC.jpeg 8D8A0DB8-F41D-4CB1-BCD3-7ADB3DC9C18A.jpeg

I was just starting to think that the small might not be big enough.
693E5EC4-A14A-4545-8630-D96079718D5E.jpeg

And then I had to set this aside to triage a work failure.

And this happened organically. I guess I did lay a cat trap. 😹
E43B6215-E268-4F3B-ADF9-88CD5908BE86.jpeg E15F974D-1BC7-479F-9F2E-45ADCCA01292.jpeg

So I guess that’s my answer. The small will work just fine for her Garfield-ness. 😹

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was able to fold a towel to simulate the two sizes without having to cut one up.
View attachment 456207View attachment 456208

I was just starting to think that the small might not be big enough.
View attachment 456209

And then I had to set this aside to triage a work failure.

And this happened organically. I guess I did lay a cat trap. 😹
View attachment 456210View attachment 456211

So I guess that’s my answer. The small will work just fine for her Garfield-ness. 😹
That's good. I don't like cutting up a perfectly good towel. And yeah, I mean, how often does a cat of any stripe, spot, fur length, color/color combo, gender, or purrsuasion lay flat out on his or her side with his or her tail streaming out full length behind him or her?
*Answer: NOT OFTEN.*;)
Hoping it wasn't a difficult fix.
*Elvis still hasn't returned from his safe place under the desk. I'm sorry, Elvs. I didn't mean to scare you with the hissy metal snake. It won't happen again.*
I've never measured a cat. I did, however, measure the tail length of each and every cat in the furmily some years back. And count the stripes on those that had them. Is this an aspy thing to do, or what??? *I wrote them down, too.*:cutecat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's good. I don't like cutting up a perfectly good towel. And yeah, I mean, how often does a cat of any stripe, spot, fur length, color/color combo, gender, or purrsuasion lay flat out on his or her side with his or her tail streaming out full length behind him or her?
*Answer: NOT OFTEN.*;)
Hoping it wasn't a difficult fix.
*Elvis still hasn't returned from his safe place under the desk. I'm sorry, Elvs. I didn't mean to scare you with the hissy metal snake. It won't happen again.*
I've never measured a cat. I did, however, measure the tail length of each and every cat in the furmily some years back. And count the stripes on those that had them. Is this an aspy thing to do, or what??? *I wrote them down, too.*:cutecat:
I wasn't looking for a maximum extended cat length. A nose to butt length is just fine. As far as I know, she's not having any pain in her tail. I wanted to make sure that she could comfortably curl, loaf, lay, or even sploot out if she wanted to. I wonder if I'm only treating half her pain when I Loop her backside alone. But it's harder to Loop her elbows. She's much more what-the-fluff trying to get her front half relief. That's another reason I wanted to try the mat instead of buying another Loop when this one runs out of charges. The Assisi mat is 4x the price of the Petspemf. At this point, I can't say that I have seen a difference from the Loop. Certainly not enough to spend on four more at once. But I'm willing to give the Petspemf mat a chance. I'll order it tonight and make it her inde-pred-nence day gift. And she can open it early if it arrives sooner.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't looking for a maximum extended cat length. A nose to butt length is just fine. As far as I know, she's not having any pain in her tail. I wanted to make sure that she could comfortably curl, loaf, lay, or even sploot out if she wanted to. I wonder if I'm only treating half her pain when I Loop her backside alone. But it's harder to Loop her elbows. She's much more what-the-fluff trying to get her front half relief. That's another reason I wanted to try the mat instead of buying another Loop when this one runs out of charges. The Assisi mat is 4x the price of the Petspemf. At this point, I can't say that I have seen a difference from the Loop. Certainly not enough to spend on four more at once. But I'm willing to give the Petspemf mat a chance. I'll order it tonight and make it her inde-pred-nence day gift. And she can open it early if it arrives sooner.
*I'm sure we'd ALL love to see a Betty sploot if she has one to spare*
What a nice gift! Hope she receives a lot of benefit from it and enjoys the box, if there is one. There should be one. And no matter the size, we know that "ai fitz. So ai sitz." :crackup:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 456485
View attachment 456486
View attachment 456484
View attachment 456487
Well the good news is that she isn’t up to 11.5 this week. The bad news is the scale is accurate and she’s still on the rise. Not 11.4 like last week. But not under 11.1 like just two or three weeks ago. I hope there are not more sinister reasons for her weight gain. Just one more week of pred…
So the .06 is the towel?
What with all the particulate in the air in cities, maybe THAT's the extra.
*Well, one can guess.*:insertevillaugh:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So the .06 is the towel?
What with all the particulate in the air in cities, maybe THAT's the extra.
*Well, one can guess.*:insertevillaugh:
No. The 0.06 is the poop that yellow cat is chambering. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

That must be error or variance or something. Maybe it’s influenced by the towel. But the scale was zeroed before the dumbbell was placed. I’ll take a dumbbell reading without the towel next week. But I figured I would include that shot this week to show that the scale is mostly accurate. Within a 💩 margin of error. 💩👍