Introducing Betty White

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a dilemma here. I want to loop her. But which end do I loop. I reached in looking for a head and looped the end that didn’t grunt at me. 😾😹
2B100712-B0C2-4324-9695-9FB47955BE25.jpeg

Got the response back from insurance. They don’t cover home treatments. Loop is not covered.
😾👎 I figured it wouldn’t be. But had nothing to lose by submitting.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a dilemma here. I want to loop her. But which end do I loop. I reached in looking for a head and looped the end that didn’t grunt at me. 😾😹
View attachment 454390

Got the response back from insurance. They don’t cover home treatments. Loop is not covered.
😾👎 I figured it wouldn’t be. But had nothing to lose by submitting.
This photo reminds me of the film Roman Holiday! If you’ve not seen it, I won’t spoil the surprise Betty moment. :)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This photo reminds me of the film Roman Holiday! If you’ve not seen it, I won’t spoil the surprise Betty moment. :)
I saw it a long time ago. You can spoil it for me because I cannot remember anything about it now. And it's not anywhere on my queues for the foreseeable future.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reaching in looking for her head reminds me of Flash Gordon, the scene where he and the prince take turns reaching their hand into the lair of some venomous creature.
b651a5697c97e66c334315aa07b205dc.jpg
With a different cat, I had a 50/50 chance of pulling back a stump. 😹

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Reaching in looking for her head reminds me of Flash Gordon, the scene where he and the prince take turns reaching their hand into the lair of some venomous creature.
View attachment 454394
With a different cat, I had a 50/50 chance of pulling back a stump. 😹
Here’s Gregory Peck’s stump from the Mouth of Truth.

IMG_6264.jpeg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My neurodiverse brain finds the alternating schedule of her pred and her poobiotics extremely satisfying. Now I don’t need to remember what day it is. I just have to open the next compartment in the pattern. 🤔👍
3122153B-EFF9-4D08-AF2D-AD9061BA2B70.jpeg
The last compartment opened was Thursday AM (poobiotic) so the next one is Friday PM (pred.)
FC49576D-AE71-4378-8542-1547FCFCD972.jpeg
And then Saturday AM (✌💩✌)
538F4728-492F-409F-9BAF-B9BC1BBA75B0.jpeg
And later Saturday morning when I make up her pills for next week, I close the ones I opened this week and open the closed ones for next week’s meds.(Starting with Sunday PM 💪😼)

As long as I follow the pattern, this is 4:30 am proof! 😴💤👍

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My neurodiverse brain finds the alternating schedule of her pred and her poobiotics extremely satisfying. Now I don’t need to remember what day it is. I just have to open the next compartment in the pattern. 🤔👍
View attachment 454434
The last compartment opened was Thursday AM (poobiotic) so the next one is Friday PM (pred.)
View attachment 454433
And then Saturday AM (✌💩✌)
View attachment 454435
And later Saturday morning when I make up her pills for next week, I close the ones I opened this week and open the closed ones for next week’s meds.(Starting with Sunday PM 💪😼)

As long as I follow the pattern, this is 4:30 am proof! 😴💤👍
Excellent! Her good appetite is wonderful, too. I don't suppose you want to divide her meals into smaller portions given at shorter intervals? Nope. Didn't think so. But hope you'll get the exact right amount of each item in her pharmacy, and that she'll feel very well as a result.
Sorry about the Loop. You probably know my dim view of the "healthcare" profession and I'm not at all surprised that something that actually works without drug pushers being involved isn't part of their approval scheme. Just really glad you can afford and have it for Betty. *Stumps or no*:flail:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Excellent! Her good appetite is wonderful, too. I don't suppose you want to divide her meals into smaller portions given at shorter intervals? Nope. Didn't think so. But hope you'll get the exact right amount of each item in her pharmacy, and that she'll feel very well as a result.
Sorry about the Loop. You probably know my dim view of the "healthcare" profession and I'm not at all surprised that something that actually works without drug pushers being involved isn't part of their approval scheme. Just really glad you can afford and have it for Betty. *Stumps or no*:flail:
To be honest, I’m not really sure if the Loop is helping. It’s most likely not hurting. But it isn’t a miracle yet either. She still moves like she hurts and she sometimes sits out a jump for awhile. It’s sad to watch because I think she was getting anti-inflammatory relief from her pred dose. But I don’t want to use pred for arthritis if I don’t have to. And I still believe that both weight loss and CBD could help her.

I’m also at a crossroads right now with her gabapentin. I‘m a little more than a week away from running out of this prescription. Though I still have a number of 100’s that I could split in a pinch. She probably could benefit from a higher dose. But I also don’t want to change any of her other meds while we’re working the pred reduction. I’ll probably just ask for a refill of what she’s taking. If between now and her inde-pred-ence day I feel she needs more gabapentin, I can always split the 100’s or even the compounded 35’s.

It would be wonderful if all her meds could be reduced to just a poo/probiotic and a drop or three of CBD oil. 🤞

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
There has GOT to be a better solution for arthritis than pred. It can’t be the wonder drug for everything…I spose you’ve looked into: laser therapy, injectable joint protectants, acupuncture, physical therapy, omega fatty acids and whatever is in Jackson Galaxy’s tinctures (which I don’t understand but maybe others here do)? She seems SO young to have it, it’s not fair. I’ve read threads on TCS about the dangers of Solensia, so you might steer clear of that one. (Also, every time you try a new thing it does of course eat away at your pet insurance). I wonder if there are tales with happy endings on this site about arthritis.

To be honest, I’m not really sure if the Loop is helping. It’s most likely not hurting. But it isn’t a miracle yet either. She still moves like she hurts and she sometimes sits out a jump for awhile. It’s sad to watch because I think she was getting anti-inflammatory relief from her pred dose. But I don’t want to use pred for arthritis if I don’t have to. And I still believe that both weight loss and CBD could help her.

I’m also at a crossroads right now with her gabapentin. I‘m a little more than a week away from running out of this prescription. Though I still have a number of 100’s that I could split in a pinch. She probably could benefit from a higher dose. But I also don’t want to change any of her other meds while we’re working the pred reduction. I’ll probably just ask for a refill of what she’s taking. If between now and her inde-pred-ence day I feel she needs more gabapentin, I can always split the 100’s or even the compounded 35’s.

It would be wonderful if all her meds could be reduced to just a poo/probiotic and a drop or three of CBD oil. 🤞

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There has GOT to be a better solution for arthritis than pred. It can’t be the wonder drug for everything…I spose you’ve looked into: laser therapy, injectable joint protectants, acupuncture, physical therapy, omega fatty acids and whatever is in Jackson Galaxy’s tinctures (which I don’t understand but maybe others here do)? She seems SO young to have it, it’s not fair. I’ve read threads on TCS about the dangers of Solensia, so you might steer clear of that one. (Also, every time you try a new thing it does of course eat away at your pet insurance). I wonder if there are tales with happy endings on this site about arthritis.
The Solensia sample size on TCS is small. But no miracles there either. Seems like none made it past six months and all developed troublesome side effects.I’m reading both here and in the literature that cats develop resistance to this mode of therapy. So why bother if it’s only a short term efficacy?

There’s a lot I haven’t tried. And a large part of that is keeping her meds fixed while working one condition or medication at a time. If she has an adverse reaction, would it be from the Solensia or the change in pred? Hopefully it won’t be long before she’s off pred.

I think weight loss would be best. And a big part of that is getting her on a less junky diet. I may even try raw with her again. But not while she’s taking pred. I’m sure it’s fine at this low dose. But again, why change more than I have to and make it that much harder to know what’s going on if something goes wrong?

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
The Solensia sample size on TCS is small. But no miracles there either. Seems like none made it past six months and all developed troublesome side effects.I’m reading both here and in the literature that cats develop resistance to this mode of therapy. So why bother if it’s only a short term efficacy?

There’s a lot I haven’t tried. And a large part of that is keeping her meds fixed while working one condition or medication at a time. If she has an adverse reaction, would it be from the Solensia or the change in pred? Hopefully it won’t be long before she’s off pred.

I think weight loss would be best. And a big part of that is getting her on a less junky diet. I may even try raw with her again. But not while she’s taking pred. I’m sure it’s fine at this low dose. But again, why change more than I have to and make it that much harder to know what’s going on if something goes wrong?
Exactly. Simplest is always the best—- rooting for you to get off the pred. And cats take awhile to adapt to anything. One step at a time for sure.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Your goal sounds like the best. And natural, nonharmful supplements, if necessary, so no harmful side or other effects. Weight loss combined with increased exercise (play) sounds like the best battle plan; it's what's encouraged for humans as well, and involves no deleterious drug side-effects.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty is half a lunch heavier and a whole poop lighter. 23 grams. 0.05 lbs. 💩👍 That still puts her at 11.17 lbs (vs. 11.06 last week.)
🐷🤦‍♂️

I had to make up another batch of her s. boulardii the other week. I left out the fiber this time since, if anything, it seemed to make her microbiome worse according to the last test. I also rounded up just a little this week from approx 32.5 gram for her lunch and second dinner to 33 grams. But that's a miniscule 1 or 2 more calories a day. We may have played a touch less because of the heat.

I think I'm resigned that she's not going to lose weight on this food. But she does love this food. I may look into giving Mouser or Rawz another try after her inde-pred-ence day.

I wonder if she soured on those earlier because of her dental pain. Maybe the stew (and the kibble she loved before I cut her off) is easier to shift around her mouth to avoid those painful spots. Well, it seems like she's past that pain because of how much she can and often does eat at her med meals--the ones supposedly outside her previous gabapentin dose.

I also want to look into commercial raw or homemade again. I would spring for an electric grinder if I knew she would eat it and thrive on it. But for now, my manual grinder still works just fine. 💪🐱

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty is half a lunch heavier and a whole poop lighter. 23 grams. 0.05 lbs. 💩👍 That still puts her at 11.17 lbs (vs. 11.06 last week.)
🐷🤦‍♂️

I had to make up another batch of her s. boulardii the other week. I left out the fiber this time since, if anything, it seemed to make her microbiome worse according to the last test. I also rounded up just a little this week from approx 32.5 gram for her lunch and second dinner to 33 grams. But that's a miniscule 1 or 2 more calories a day. We may have played a touch less because of the heat.

I think I'm resigned that she's not going to lose weight on this food. But she does love this food. I may look into giving Mouser or Rawz another try after her inde-pred-ence day.

I wonder if she soured on those earlier because of her dental pain. Maybe the stew (and the kibble she loved before I cut her off) is easier to shift around her mouth to avoid those painful spots. Well, it seems like she's past that pain because of how much she can and often does eat at her med meals--the ones supposedly outside her previous gabapentin dose.

I also want to look into commercial raw or homemade again. I would spring for an electric grinder if I knew she would eat it and thrive on it. But for now, my manual grinder still works just fine. 💪🐱
Oh yeah, a manual grinder should do the job just fine.
What texture are the Rawz and Mouser varieties? If they're coarse, could they be ground finer with your grinder OR in a blender/food processor with a little water? You could try experimenting with different versions of these, and see if any of them pique her interest (and hold it)...
Elvis likes the coarse "flaked" versions of Blue Buffalo. I know you don't use those, but just commenting. He's not as enthusiastic about "pate" textures or chunks of fish. A friend's cats ONLY like/d pate. Cats are such individuals! like we are.
Well, using that cat chart we've all talked about, as long as Betty has a distinct waistline, I guess it's not something to worry about too much; and we've got probably 2 1/2 mos. at least of HOT weather to endure, during which many people and cats don't eat as much. SO...watch this space.;)

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
I can tell you that RAWZ rabbit and pumpkin is pretty smooth. Sadly I have to give the case to my local shelter. Even just a pinch does not seem to do the trick for my IBS Zorro. (People here rave about it though so don’t go by us).

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can tell you that RAWZ rabbit and pumpkin is pretty smooth. Sadly I have to give the case to my local shelter. Even just a pinch does not seem to do the trick for my IBS Zorro. (People here rave about it though so don’t go us).
Well, yeah, sad for you and yours, but hopefully very happy for some deserving sheltered cats as they await their loving homes.