Introducing Betty White

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t brush her teeth. I don’t want to be poking around in there until I get the okay from the vet that she doesn’t have anything painful there. I tried the gel with Betty. Krista liked it and didn’t need it. Betty doesn’t like the stuff and ran around trying to flick it off her paw. I’m hoping the Greenies are helping. But I’m also still hoping that an eventual diet change and her poop pills will fix up her inflamed gut so we don’t need a hairball solution.
Sounds good. I've relied on Petromalt in the past, and I seem to remember trying one or two other brands. But the Greenies seem to be effective and Elvis loves them. *If it works, don't fix it!* ;):winkcat::yess:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, it’s Greenies here as well! Besides, I‘ve now read the ingredients, and it’s “artificial this & that.”

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a new poop song for Betty. Sometimes she pees and poops in the same bathroom trip. And sometimes it’s

“Poop, poop, and only poop. Poop and only poop.” 💩👍

Personally, I don’t understand that. My poop ain’t finished until I’ve also left a pee ball. ☝✌😂👍

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She did so well yesterday. And on the overnight, I shifted more food onto the plate and less in the feeder. And she nearly finished it all. Her final total for yesterday was a porky 180 calories! 🐷👍 I think we’re getting the hang of this current pred level.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad things are going good for Betty.

FWIW, Geoffrey had a sympathy vomit--tiny fur ball.... Must be that time of year. I suspected something was brewing, as he upchucked water a few days ago.
Betty hasn’t had a hairball since early August. 🙀😽👍 Don’t really know what her regurgitations were about. But the doc wasn’t concerned either. Her eating volume in a single pass has dropped off. So likely when she pushes it, her stomach pushes back.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only alarm I set these days (for waking anyway) is a 5:15am alarm for her breakfast. I figure she takes her dinner around 5:15 pm so I keep the ondansetron twelve hours apart. It’s also early enough for me to go back for third sleep. (Second sleep being the interval from my late night pee to breakfast.) On weekdays, I have smart lighting that fades up starting at 7:30 like an artificial sunrise. I don’t have that on the weekend in case I want to sleep in. This morning I bolted up at about 7:30 thinking, “Did I sleep through breakfast?” Then I peek over the edge and there’s Betty finishing her breakfast remainders during third sleep. 😽🍔🌮🌭🐷👍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only alarm I set these days (for waking anyway) is a 5:15am alarm for her breakfast. I figure she takes her dinner around 5:15 pm so I keep the ondansetron twelve hours apart. It’s also early enough for me to go back for third sleep. (Second sleep being the interval from my late night pee to breakfast.) On weekdays, I have smart lighting that fades up starting at 7:30 like an artificial sunrise. I don’t have that on the weekend in case I want to sleep in. This morning I bolted up at about 7:30 thinking, “Did I sleep through breakfast?” Then I peek over the edge and there’s Betty finishing her breakfast remainders during third sleep. 😽🍔🌮🌭🐷👍
Great UPdates! Yeah, Ms. Betty! Keep up the good work!:yess::cheerleader::goldstar:
What a magnificent song. Love harmonies. *Don't so many of us wish life was like that?!!*:bouquet:
Uh-oh, Geoffrey! But cats, as we all know, are a mysterious kind of folk, aren't they, artiemom artiemom ?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another great day and overnight from Betty for 180 calories.

This morning she takes a sniff and a lick of the plated breakfast and you could practically see her stink face. Is this a dud can? It smells alright but it did look a little soggier than normal. Well, I can’t ask her to come back later to a plate she won’t touch now. I quickly opened another can and offered a new breakfast.
774AEEE8-0B6F-482F-95D0-9C77970A14AD.jpeg
At first she wasn’t interested and I had to plate it where she was. But once she got going, I think she ate her first pass half. 🐷👍

I was having flashbacks to our rabbit Rawz episode. “No. I want the other batch!” 😾🤦🏼‍♂️ Thankfully this crisis was short lived.

I’m going to move weigh-in to my breakfast when she gets her Greenies. Going to make her work for those Greenies this morning.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another great day and overnight from Betty for 180 calories.

This morning she takes a sniff and a lick of the plated breakfast and you could practically see her stink face. Is this a dud can? It smells alright but it did look a little soggier than normal. Well, I can’t ask her to come back later to a plate she won’t touch now. I quickly opened another can and offered a new breakfast.
View attachment 433415
At first she wasn’t interested and I had to plate it where she was. But once she got going, I think she ate her first pass half. 🐷👍

I was having flashbacks to our rabbit Rawz episode. “No. I want the other batch!” 😾🤦🏼‍♂️ Thankfully this crisis was short lived.

I’m going to move weigh-in to my breakfast when she gets her Greenies. Going to make her work for those Greenies this morning.
Ms. Betty is MOST discerning. A cat knows what a cat wants. *cat knows=cat nose*
Elvis has one variety that we're finishing up, that he's always turned up his nose at. I've persuaded him to just TRY IT! and he decided it's not so bad after all. But this morning was another day for that. Sniff and retreat. Nope. I'm not having that, Elvis. I KNOW you like this. So I sat with him, brushed him, had a talk with him and offered it again. Sniff. Lick. More licks. Quite enthusiastic licks. *It's not kronschiez. But I'll humor you if I have to.*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty is still gaining weight! This has me concerned. I will call regular vet on Monday.
80A148F4-3E00-457C-819A-2FE29F40B2D7.jpeg
Last week was 10.22.

I don’t even know where she is putting it. Her skinny areas still look and feel skinny. 🤷🏼‍♂️

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This cat!

She had me waiting until almost 11:30 before she finally finished her BREAKFAST. I had to push her out of my lap. Apparently I have a kitty who prefers Sunday brunch.
🥯🥓🍳

Breakfast is finally out of the way and I can serve lunch in thirty minutes.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This cat!

She had me waiting until almost 11:30 before she finally finished her BREAKFAST. I had to push her out of my lap. Apparently I have a kitty who prefers Sunday brunch.
🥯🥓🍳

Breakfast is finally out of the way and I can serve lunch in thirty minutes.
Yeah. Chill. It's Sunday. A cat has a right to sleep in and laze around even more than normal. *A cat'll do what a cat'll do.* *:hearthrob::zzzcat::hearthrob:🐮

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It may have taken her all morning to finish brunch. But it only took her an hour to start in on lunch. 🐷👍 I didn’t weigh the plate in progress. But it looks like she cleared it by almost half. Not a dud can. 👍 That should be cleared by dinner time.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It may have taken her all morning to finish brunch. But it only took her an hour to start in on lunch. 🐷👍 I didn’t weigh the plate in progress. But it looks like she cleared it by almost half. Not a dud can. 👍 That should be cleared by dinner time.
Good GIRL, Betty!
Elvis reconsidered his brunch, too. He decided he liked it and he had a nice lunch.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She continues to pick up everything I’m putting down. Except the feeder. She eats about half of it. And that’s okay. She doesn’t need anymore than that. On second dinner and overnight feeder, I am letting her have as much of a can as she wants to eat. That’s 50 grams on the plate which is often gone by the time 30 in the feeder pops three hours later.

She zoomed last night. Not just a single zoom out the box. But she went from room to room a couple times and tackled and rolled with her banana kicker. I haven’t seen that from her in awhile. I also bought her a pop up tunnel and found her sitting in it just a few hours after I put it out.
😽👍

I wonder if upping her s boulardii is really making her and her gut feel better. We’re nearly finished with that bottle and I’m sad that she is only now getting the correct dose. I have ordered another bottle and will order another test soon.

I got rear ended yesterday. There’s an off-ramp on the way to the taproom that has three left turning lanes. Only the far right lane is allowed to proceed straight if they wish. Some jacka** in the middle lane decided he was going to cut me off and go straight. I hit the brakes to avoid having him literally scrape past only to get rear ended by the car behind me. I tried to chase him across the intersection honking the whole time but I was also aware of the car behind me that I needed to exchange info with. We needed to get out of that intersection anyway. The woman who hit me couldn’t be nicer and more apologetic. She also saw the accident that almost happened. Just burns me up that the one who caused the accident got off without a scratch. And now I have to replace my bumper and hope my insurance doesn’t raise my rates for a not-at-fault accident. I don’t have much hope there. Greedy little fockers! I’ve been putting this off since yesterday afternoon. I wanted to give myself enough time to cool down and not swear at the claim adjuster. Wish me luck!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She continues to pick up everything I’m putting down. Except the feeder. She eats about half of it. And that’s okay. She doesn’t need anymore than that. On second dinner and overnight feeder, I am letting her have as much of a can as she wants to eat. That’s 50 grams on the plate which is often gone by the time 30 in the feeder pops three hours later.

She zoomed last night. Not just a single zoom out the box. But she went from room to room a couple times and tackled and rolled with her banana kicker. I haven’t seen that from her in awhile. I also bought her a pop up tunnel and found her sitting in it just a few hours after I put it out.
😽👍

I wonder if upping her s boulardii is really making her and her gut feel better. We’re nearly finished with that bottle and I’m sad that she is only now getting the correct dose. I have ordered another bottle and will order another test soon.

I got rear ended yesterday. There’s an off-ramp on the way to the taproom that has three left turning lanes. Only the far right lane is allowed to proceed straight if they wish. Some jacka** in the middle lane decided he was going to cut me off and go straight. I hit the brakes to avoid having him literally scrape past only to get rear ended by the car behind me. I tried to chase him across the intersection honking the whole time but I was also aware of the car behind me that I needed to exchange info with. We needed to get out of that intersection anyway. The woman who hit me couldn’t be nicer and more apologetic. She also saw the accident that almost happened. Just burns me up that the one who caused the accident got off without a scratch. And now I have to replace my bumper and hope my insurance doesn’t raise my rates for a not-at-fault accident. I don’t have much hope there. Greedy little fockers! I’ve been putting this off since yesterday afternoon. I wanted to give myself enough time to cool down and not swear at the claim adjuster. Wish me luck!
*Prayers* and you know I do wish you luck. And yeah, your assessment is spot on. Of course. You got the perp's plate and did you talk with him? Good that the woman saw the incident and is cooperative. Really, really sorry about it all. Let's see what pans out.

Good UPdate on Ms. Betty, though! *I wonder if there's something about the feeder itself that she doesn't like? Whisker stress? Materials? Size? Mysterious IDK? * Tunnel sounds great. *Pix are much enjoyed!*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Prayers* and you know I do wish you luck. And yeah, your assessment is spot on. Of course. You got the perp's plate and did you talk with him? Good that the woman saw the incident and is cooperative. Really, really sorry about it all. Let's see what pans out.

Good UPdate on Ms. Betty, though! *I wonder if there's something about the feeder itself that she doesn't like? Whisker stress? Materials? Size? Mysterious IDK? * Tunnel sounds great. *Pix are much enjoyed!*
Everybody assumes I got the dumbfock's plate but it happened too fast to pull out my phone. And he didn't stop because he didn't have to. I couldn't even tell you the make and model of the car. It was silver. That's all I could tell you.

Alright. My insurance has been contacted. Now I'm waiting on the hold line for her insurance, the woman who hit me from behind. I got straight through to my insurance. But hers had a 20 minute hold time. Thankfully, they have the callback feature so I don't actually have to wait on the phone during that time. But I may be canceling my 11am meeting if they don't get back to me in the promised time and/or the call runs long.

You know the irony here? My car was struck last summer in a hit and run sideswipe overnight. The apartment community was doing something with the car ports and asked us to park on the street for a night. One night. And that's the night this happened. I did that one out of pocket because I figured I could make the credit card bill go away faster than my rates would return to normal if I went through insurance. The body shop did a fantastic job and put a fresh coat of paint on everything they touched. They told me not to wash my car for 90 days to let the paint job cure. Well 90 days took me into the fall/winter where there's no point in washing my car unless I wanted to summon rain for the next day. 🤦‍♂️ And since I never commute anymore, there wasn't any kind of peer pressure to not have the dirtiest car in employee parking. So on and on the months went without washing. I finally, FINALLY! got around to even just a $15 gas station wash yesterday just 20 minutes before the accident. 🤦‍♂️ Here I'm looking at all this body damage and I'm telling the woman, "I just had this washed 20 minutes ago!"

Funny the things we fixate on. One of my favorite Star Trek Deep Space Nine scenes is the crew of the starship Defiant just had to crash land on some foreign planet after a space battle. They are all swimming to shore with whatever they could gather from the wreckage, and,

Chief O'Brien: "Oh no!"
Captain Sisko: "Chief?"
O'Brien: (very disappointed) "I ripped my pants"
Sisko: "You ripped your pants??"
O'Brien: (realizing how petty that sounds in the aftermath of the crash) "Yeah. I ripped my pants. I guess I'm really in trouble now."
And the whole crew having just swam to shore to save their own lives after the crash busts up laughing in a, "you choose to focus on that?!" lighthearted moment.

So yeah, I just washed my car! 😿🤦‍♂️😆

Okay. Other driver's insurance just called back. That could not have been easier. The adjuster said, "the other driver takes full responsibility for the accident. If you need the name or know the name of a shop you'd like to go to, let me send the claim on over to them." I have just one more call for the morning and that's to set up the body shop appointment.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've seen Betty finish the feeder before. I think the reason she doesn't finish it now is that she doesn't need to. By the time I booked her calories this morning, she had 180 yesterday even leaving half the overnight feeder. I mean, honestly, if this was really a whisker stress thing, she's not above eating with her paws. 🤦‍♂️😹 I'll take her to an Ethiopian restaurant sometime. She'll fit right in. 😹