Introducing Betty White

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two more cases secured. That's four in my hoard and the half that we're working through. That sounds like a lot of food. But since she decided she doesn't do leftovers, we're going through a case every six days. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ·šŸ·

Whatever the morning fussies, she cleared lunch by half as soon as a I plated it. Two weeks ago, I used to make up excuses to go into the kitchen to have her wake and hopefully eat in the afternoons. Now the script has flipped. I hold off on the snacking as late as I can because I don't want her finishing her food too soon and pestering me for an early jump on dinner the rest of the afternoon.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldnā€™t take it anymore. I got up and fixed a handful of pumpkin seeds and a salad. Betty woke and probably smelled how sad my snack was. She herself got up and finished her lunch.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two more cases secured. That's four in my hoard and the half that we're working through. That sounds like a lot of food. But since she decided she doesn't do leftovers, we're going through a case every six days. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ·šŸ·

Whatever the morning fussies, she cleared lunch by half as soon as a I plated it. Two weeks ago, I used to make up excuses to go into the kitchen to have her wake and hopefully eat in the afternoons. Now the script has flipped. I hold off on the snacking as late as I can because I don't want her finishing her food too soon and pestering me for an early jump on dinner the rest of the afternoon.
Good GIRL, Ms. Betty! *Though it'd be even gooder if you would eat ALL of your food, and not make your Dad have to discard any!!!*
We got gushyfudz, kronschifudz, 1 package of salmon Greenies, kitlit (3-30#) and a package of 'nip-&-'vine blend, size LARGE, of course, today. I was even on hand for the delivery so I enticed the UPS guy to deliver it behind the gate, just like it says on all of my shipping labels. :woohoo:
Well, sad to her, perhaps--sounds great to me, though!:yess:šŸ„¬šŸ„’šŸ…šŸ„‘šŸ„—

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night she left a six gram remainder on first dinner. She finished second dinner and half of the feeder for a final score of 175 calories. Perfect!

This morning she ate only a smaller first pass of about 14 grams. That certainly puts the remainder in reach. I was tempted to add a carpet morsel to her first pass. But I constantly remind myself, donā€™t do things for her that you arenā€™t prepared to be locked into for the next ten years. I donā€™t want her thinking breakfast will always be served off the carpet. Iā€™m trying to relax into our new normal instead of helicoptering over every meal. I even told her, ā€œyouā€™re getting a little fluffy. Itā€™s okay if you leave a remainder now and then.ā€ An aborted second pass (an approach, sniff, and walk away) at 9am had me a little worried. But at 10am she showed up in the office with satisfied lip smacking. Camera confirmed it. Breakfast in the books!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night she left a six gram remainder on first dinner. She finished second dinner and half of the feeder for a final score of 175 calories. Perfect!

This morning she ate only a smaller first pass of about 14 grams. That certainly puts the remainder in reach. I was tempted to add a carpet morsel to her first pass. But I constantly remind myself, donā€™t do things for her that you arenā€™t prepared to be locked into for the next ten years. I donā€™t want her thinking breakfast will always be served off the carpet. Iā€™m trying to relax into our new normal instead of helicoptering over every meal. I even told her, ā€œyouā€™re getting a little fluffy. Itā€™s okay if you leave a remainder now and then.ā€ An aborted second pass (an approach, sniff, and walk away) at 9am had me a little worried. But at 10am she showed up in the office with satisfied lip smacking. Camera confirmed it. Breakfast in the books!
*That CAT.*:hearthrob::lovecat3::hearthrob:
It's said that N. Korean leader Kim Jong-Un keeps lobbing missiles because he "wants attention." Now, far be it from me to compare Ms. Betty to that guy. BUT "wanting attention" is a thing. Just sayin.'
One seventy-five is very respectable. :goldstar:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*That CAT.*:hearthrob::lovecat3::hearthrob:
It's said that N. Korean leader Kim Jong-Un keeps lobbing missiles because he "wants attention." Now, far be it from me to compare Ms. Betty to that guy. BUT "wanting attention" is a thing. Just sayin.'
One seventy-five is very respectable. :goldstar:
I'm probably going to create an eating disorder here. But I lob on the extra attention when she finishes her plate.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat converter estimate came out about twice what I was expecting. šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

Body shop estimate came out about a third of what I was expecting. Except other driverā€™s insurance is picking it up. So that shouldnā€™t cost me a dime. Assuming I donā€™t sign up for an insufficient rental car benefit.

Howeverā€¦

The repair estimate date is 12/12. šŸ˜³šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø Supply chain šŸ‚šŸ’©. Parts are back order. I thought about shopping around. But they did really good work for me last year with my hit and run sideswipe. The car is still drive-able (as much as I drive anyway.) I just feel like a target. ā€œOh he wonā€™t care if he gets smacked around a little more.ā€ šŸ™ˆ It is what it is. Theyā€™ve been doing this for 30 or 40 year and nothing but glowing Yelps including my own.

At least this doesnā€™t put a huge pause on Bettyā€™s treatment though. Now I can start making some vet appointments knowing when I may and may not have transportation.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat converter estimate came out about twice what I was expecting. šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

Body shop estimate came out about a third of what I was expecting. Except other driverā€™s insurance is picking it up. So that shouldnā€™t cost me a dime. Assuming I donā€™t sign up for an insufficient rental car benefit.

Howeverā€¦

The repair estimate date is 12/12. šŸ˜³šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø Supply chain šŸ‚šŸ’©. Parts are back order. I thought about shopping around. But they did really good work for me last year with my hit and run sideswipe. The car is still drive-able (as much as I drive anyway.) I just feel like a target. ā€œOh he wonā€™t care if he gets smacked around a little more.ā€ šŸ™ˆ It is what it is. Theyā€™ve been doing this for 30 or 40 year and nothing but glowing Yelps including my own.

At least this doesnā€™t put a huge pause on Bettyā€™s treatment though. Now I can start making some vet appointments knowing when I may and may not have transportation.
:gaah:
:yess:
:disappointed:
Hoping you can get through okay with things as they are until then...
And Ms.Betty, are you on that bananaphone AGAIN? :lovecat3:šŸŒ

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:gaah:
:yess:
:disappointed:
Hoping you can get through okay with things as they are until then...
And Ms.Betty, are you on that bananaphone AGAIN? :lovecat3:šŸŒ
You gotta scroll through to the banana mustache. šŸ˜»šŸ˜¹

Yeah. The car rattles a little more than it used to. It rattled a little after last year's side swipe. But she's still very much driveable and I don't notice any alignment issues. It's just an unavoidable blight--visually, psychologically, and emotionally--for the next two months. I suppose I have two months to zen the last two into the background or something. Can't do anything about the first.

And the cat converter? Maintaining my current car so that I don't need to get a new one in this nasty price, supply, and interest market is a far better investment than anything in the bank account or stock market right now. I will simply divert some monthly savings and some emergency funds. Hopefully Betty won't need to draw on those for awhile.

I'm not happy about the car stuff. But at least I'm in a good position to take care of it all.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You gotta scroll through to the banana mustache. šŸ˜»šŸ˜¹

Yeah. The car rattles a little more than it used to. It rattled a little after last year's side swipe. But she's still very much driveable and I don't notice any alignment issues. It's just an unavoidable blight--visually, psychologically, and emotionally--for the next two months. I suppose I have two months to zen the last two into the background or something. Can't do anything about the first.

And the cat converter? Maintaining my current car so that I don't need to get a new one in this nasty price, supply, and interest market is a far better investment than anything in the bank account or stock market right now. I will simply divert some monthly savings and some emergency funds. Hopefully Betty won't need to draw on those for awhile.

I'm not happy about the car stuff. But at least I'm in a good position to take care of it all.
Oh yeah. I saw that 'stache. Pretty cute. Especially on a girl cat. :crackup:Girl cats with whiskers are adorable, too. Now you really couldn't say that about too many other kinds of girls, except seals, maybe, and walrii, and otters, and hipplotamii...:flail:šŸ°šŸ­šŸ¹šŸ¦›
Actually, there are quite a few.
Oh yeah. The 3 "R"s (reduce, reuse, and recycle) are a "must" even in a good economy, which this is most definitely NOT. That's always been big in my family. All the bells and whistles aren't of interest -- just more stuff to malfunction and, according to many with GPS, to FAIL utterly to get one where one is trying to go.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been maintaining my old car for a couple of years.. Yup, mine is so old that parts are rusting, from age.. not wear and tear. Very low mileage. I should have bought a car a couple of years ago, when I first thought of it.. but... now...
Hold on...

daftcat75 daftcat75 If you find you need a rental, during the accident repair work; You can submit the bill to the other's insurance company. You do not have to pay for any of it, if you need a replacement car. Check it out.

If you need a rental for your own work, then you would need to pay for a rental.
Rental cars is one thing I have a high premium for. One time, I was in an accident, and it took much longer for my car to be repaired. I needed a car. I was stuck. I had the basic rental premium. I had to shell out a lot for the rental. It adds up. I can only imagine how much it would cost now.

The last time I got a rental, for accident repair; I was so happy with the higher premium I picked. I was given a much better car.. So that is one thing, I splurge for in the policy. In the scheme of things, it is not all that much more expensive.

Theory about Betty gaining weight. Her body is functioning normally now. Her metabolism has stabilized. That is why she is gaining weight. Her body is now processing the food, nutrients, the way it should be..

Just my thoughts..

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been maintaining my old car for a couple of years.. Yup, mine is so old that parts are rusting, from age.. not wear and tear. Very low mileage. I should have bought a car a couple of years ago, when I first thought of it.. but... now...
Hold on...

daftcat75 daftcat75 If you find you need a rental, during the accident repair work; You can submit the bill to the other's insurance company. You do not have to pay for any of it, if you need a replacement car. Check it out.

If you need a rental for your own work, then you would need to pay for a rental.
Rental cars is one thing I have a high premium for. One time, I was in an accident, and it took much longer for my car to be repaired. I needed a car. I was stuck. I had the basic rental premium. I had to shell out a lot for the rental. It adds up. I can only imagine how much it would cost now.

The last time I got a rental, for accident repair; I was so happy with the higher premium I picked. I was given a much better car.. So that is one thing, I splurge for in the policy. In the scheme of things, it is not all that much more expensive.

Theory about Betty gaining weight. Her body is functioning normally now. Her metabolism has stabilized. That is why she is gaining weight. Her body is now processing the food, nutrients, the way it should be..

Just my thoughts..
I have a question. The other driver and her insurance couldnā€™t be any easier and nicer about this. The other driver called her insurance the same day and the next day I called mine and then returned the call from hers. Iā€™m wondering if I needed to call my insurance at all. Hers said, ā€œour client accepts responsibility. Send us your bills.ā€ Did I need to notify my own insurance? Is there anything I still need from that open claim? I am planning to call my insurance on Monday and closing the claim. If I need anything, Iā€™ll go through her insurance.

I probably wonā€™t need the rental car. I work from home. I can use grocery delivery. And I can get down to the taproom via the light rail thatā€™s just down the street. I didnā€™t really pay attention to the other driverā€™s rental benefit because I had just heard my own tell me how deficient my own rental car benefit was. $25/day. I havenā€™t even looked in two years. But Iā€™m guessing a rental these days is $50 to $75/day. Thatā€™s not a rental car benefit. Thatā€™s an expense trap. šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Since you have already contacted your insurance company, I would keep it at that. I would just update them that you are not putting in a claim, and are ok dealing with the other drivers company.
If there were an issue with the other company, then you insurance company would step in -- so they would not have to pay anything..

I have to disagree. I thing the rental insurance comes in pretty handy when you need a rental vehicle. I was involved in a hit and run, while I was parked in my car. The car sped off so fast that I could not catch it's registration. Yup, I had to pay, on may insurance, since I did not have the license number. Ridiculous!! I needed a rental car for the repairs..
It felt good that I did not have to haggle and get a teeny tiny car. I was able to get a normal sized car. It came in handy.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since you have already contacted your insurance company, I would keep it at that. I would just update them that you are not putting in a claim, and are ok dealing with the other drivers company.
If there were an issue with the other company, then you insurance company would step in -- so they would not have to pay anything..

I have to disagree. I thing the rental insurance comes in pretty handy when you need a rental vehicle. I was involved in a hit and run, while I was parked in my car. The car sped off so fast that I could not catch it's registration. Yup, I had to pay, on may insurance, since I did not have the license number. Ridiculous!! I needed a rental car for the repairs..
It felt good that I did not have to haggle and get a teeny tiny car. I was able to get a normal sized car. It came in handy.
An insufficient rental car benefit is better than none at all. But if itā€™s only going to cover half or a third of the expense, then thatā€™s not a remainder Iā€™m eager to sign up for. Thereā€™s only two things I drive for today: groceries and the taproom. I can have one delivered (and probably will anyway if weā€™re in another post-holiday Covid surge) and I can take the light rail to the taproom. Neither one of those are worth an extra $25 to $50 a day because the ā€œbenefitā€ had about as much ā€œcoverageā€ as a pair of Daisy Dukes.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh! I nearly had another driver cut me off today coming back from groceries. I don't want to drive anymore! I'm actually looking forward to being car-less for awhile. Before the pandemic, I used to enjoy car-less weekends where I simply avoided driving on the weekends to try to refresh myself for another stressful week of commuting. Lots of dumbacks and jackacks on the roads here. As I'm sure there are in Boston and I know there are in LA.

Betty had a very productive first pass on lunch nearly as quickly as I plated it. Then I took off for groceries. When I came back, she had another pass while I was taking a pee. I'm glad I came out when I did because I didn't want her to finish all of lunch before 2 pm. Tomorrow is her weigh-in. Monday, I will call her regular vet and ask for Dr callback to catch her up with where we are since last we spoke and discuss next steps with her such as blood, urine, teeth, and ears. Maybe we can finally complete that initial treatment plan we discussed way back in January. šŸ˜æ

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh! I nearly had another driver cut me off today coming back from groceries. I don't want to drive anymore! I'm actually looking forward to being car-less for awhile. Before the pandemic, I used to enjoy car-less weekends where I simply avoided driving on the weekends to try to refresh myself for another stressful week of commuting. Lots of dumbacks and jackacks on the roads here. As I'm sure there are in Boston and I know there are in LA.

Betty had a very productive first pass on lunch nearly as quickly as I plated it. Then I took off for groceries. When I came back, she had another pass while I was taking a pee. I'm glad I came out when I did because I didn't want her to finish all of lunch before 2 pm. Tomorrow is her weigh-in. Monday, I will call her regular vet and ask for Dr callback to catch her up with where we are since last we spoke and discuss next steps with her such as blood, urine, teeth, and ears. Maybe we can finally complete that initial treatment plan we discussed way back in January. šŸ˜æ
*dang!* *and I thought India and Canada, and Glendale, CA, had the worst drivers.*:alright: So many changes since COVID etc. etc. etc. it's completely another world now, for me, at least, and I'm more than glad to avoid going out, even though it's a very small, constricted life compared to other times and places. Cyberspace is fraught with problems, too. *I love CATS. Anything else, not so sure.*
Hope your hunting was happy.
Wouldn't that be great to get that treatment plan expedited?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weird! I guess she never returned for third pass. Still. It wasnā€™t a large remainder. And she can certainly afford the occasional remainder.

I might spend tomorrow binge watching Hulu that I canceled and will lose service next week. Or watching baseball. I hope Betty day eats okay with me around and not sleeping or in the office.

Her head shaking is pretty bad tonight. I really want to know what thatā€™s about. She doesnā€™t itch like I would expect from a food allergy or an infection. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø Seems almost like a tic now. Or maybe she just knows that whatever it is, sticking her foot in her ear wonā€™t help. šŸ™‰šŸ˜æ