Introducing Betty White

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
She's definitely a keeper! Betty is making herself at home and approves of her roomie, i.e. you. 😻 I like that she's a spooner which shows she trusts you already. I know you mentioned FF but have you tried their Gravy Lover's wet food? Best of luck, can't wait for updates and, of course, more pics of your pawsitively purrfect kitty.:angelcat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista's memorial paw reach is so lovely! :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob:
Betty is right at home and loving her new environment! I know you are relieved that she seems to like to eat surreptitiously, at night. As long as it gets done, it's good, right? I love how she has her front paws/hands tucked in in the single pic. A perfect catloaf position!
And the banana? Elvis and Baby Su use the pile of toys on THEIR bed as pillows, too. Elvis is currently using my left wrist as a chin rest. He loves to do this. It can be difficult to get any work done.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 likes cat feet. Betty doesn’t seem to mind having hers held and stroked. 😍

We’re still getting used to each other and learning each other’s routines. Apparently introducing Betty to the office first as a safe room means that’s her home base now even through she was only in there for maybe half a day. At some point in the morning, I have to move the food from the front room to the office so she can pretend to not eat it there as well. If I don’t move it, she is restless like I didn’t feed her. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

I left a Fancy Feast chicken and beef guest star plate in the office last night. She ate an ounce of it and an ounce of her regular FF chicken. So that seems like a candidate for rotation. But no more appealing that what she’s already eating. I’ll leave out a plate of the beef flavor tonight.

She’s restless and mewing this morning. She’s already counter surfed the stove twice. But then she’s also had several mouthfuls of her food. That I saw. I give her loving when she cruises by. But otherwise, I’m not sure what she’s asking for this morning. Maybe I haven’t loved on her enough… 🤦🏼‍♂️😻😻😻😻

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes all my cat wants is just decent palaver. A lot of conversation: how’s the weather, did you clean my poop tray yet, etc. I don’t know why, maybe it’s a reassuring thing. Maybe it’s to check in w/ you and make sure you care? Grounding through vocalization? Could be she’s not asking, but just getting it through her head you’re here to stay and she’s found the golden owner of her dreams at last! :hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes all my cat wants is just decent palaver. A lot of conversation: how’s the weather, did you clean my poop tray yet, etc. I don’t know why, maybe it’s a reassuring thing. Maybe it’s to check in w/ you and make sure you care? Grounding through vocalization? Could be she’s not asking, but just getting it through her head you’re here to stay and she’s found the golden owner of her dreams at last! :hearthrob:
She finally came back into the front room and flirted with my lap. Despite her aggressive spooning when I’m laying down, she has still not sat in my lap yet. Instead she does these cruise-by’s where she’ll climb into my lap and put her front paws on my chest. Then instead of sitting down, she squirts out the side of the chair. I’m not forcing the issue. Except I would be more comfortable if she didn’t take my footrest like she just did now. After much fuss, she looks (and sounds!) so peaceful that I guess it’s hers now. 🤦🏼‍♂️
9FDD73FC-2D63-45DA-BE81-F0AA860C80A9.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tobermorey tobermorey is absolutely correct, of course.
Can you share that footstool?
Yes, I am a lover of the little catfeet (and cathands, too, of course) mostly for viewing and not necessarily for touching, as many cats don't like their hands and feet touched and I can relate. Anyone even looks like they want to touch my feet, they get booted into the next millenium (NO, I'm NOT talking about cats here.) but no one would. Seriously.
Margot Lane Margot Lane has something there, too, I'm thinking. I have always conversed with cats. We talk back and forth. They understand my language far better than I understand theirs, even after a lifetime "with cat" but we still carry on pretty decent dialogues and they are MEWtually (see what I did there?) enjoyed.
*Just wondering when we will see a full Betty portrait. I'm also a huge fan of cat tails. And cattails. Just sayin.'*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tobermorey tobermorey is absolutely correct, of course.
Can you share that footstool?
Yes, I am a lover of the little catfeet (and cathands, too, of course) mostly for viewing and not necessarily for touching, as many cats don't like their hands and feet touched and I can relate. Anyone even looks like they want to touch my feet, they get booted into the next millenium (NO, I'm NOT talking about cats here.) but no one would. Seriously.
Margot Lane Margot Lane has something there, too, I'm thinking. I have always conversed with cats. We talk back and forth. They understand my language far better than I understand theirs, even after a lifetime "with cat" but we still carry on pretty decent dialogues and they are MEWtually (see what I did there?) enjoyed.
*Just wondering when we will see a full Betty portrait. I'm also a huge fan of cat tails. And cattails. Just sayin.'*
The footrest, as you can see, is two pillows stacked on the footrest itself. So while there is technically room enough to share the footrest, any moment from me is transmitted to her like waves on the ocean.

I think I gaslight my cats far too much. “Meow” “I know. You just said that.” “Meow.” “Yes yes. You’ve told me that before already.” “Meow.” “Indeed little one.” “Meow.” (And my personal favorite response…) “Come up and say that to my face.” 😆😹

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The footrest, as you can see, is two pillows stacked on the footrest itself. So while there is technically room enough to share the footrest, any moment from me is transmitted to her like waves on the ocean.

I think I gaslight my cats far too much. “Meow” “I know. You just said that.” “Meow.” “Yes yes. You’ve told me that before already.” “Meow.” “Indeed little one.” “Meow.” (And my personal favorite response…) “Come up and say that to my face.” 😆😹
Maybe arrange them differently so each gets one pillow?
Yes. Absolutely. :insertevillaugh:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
ff gravy lovers is in Gypsys rotation. She has always been a good eater until a wk and a half ago. The last two days she'll mew to say she's hungry (she doesnt talk much and always gets answered) but then I've been having to hold her bowl and get her started by spoon feeding and then lowering the spoon to the bowl and hopefully she starts eating from the bowl on her own although I've been having to mix in Churu to her wet. She's still eating her kibble fine.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ff gravy lovers is in Gypsys rotation. She has always been a good eater until a wk and a half ago. The last two days she'll mew to say she's hungry (she doesnt talk much and always gets answered) but then I've been having to hold her bowl and get her started by spoon feeding and then lowering the spoon to the bowl and hopefully she starts eating from the bowl on her own although I've been having to mix in Churu to her wet. She's still eating her kibble fine.
Because cats hide pain, changes in eating habits are worth a vet visit to make sure something medical isn’t behind the change.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what Betty’s eating habits were. So I don’t know if this is baseline or abnormal. But if she’s maintaining her weight and it seems like she may have gained a little weight, then it can wait until I have her insurance approved before I put possibly temporary or even nonexistent conditions into her file as pre-existing.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Because cats hide pain, changes in eating habits are worth a vet visit to make sure something medical isn’t behind the change.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what Betty’s eating habits were. So I don’t know if this is baseline or abnormal. But if she’s maintaining her weight and it seems like she may have gained a little weight, then it can wait until I have her insurance approved before I put possibly temporary or even nonexistent conditions into her file as pre-existing.
*Hoping you can do that and drive, too, one-handed* 😑

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise

Definitly. As I mentioned on here on Fri we not only went to her vet clinic the day after she stopped eating but went to the ER two days later when she still hadn't eaten.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doh! Betty had her first barf here. I honestly don’t know when it was or if it was digested or undigested. I’m just going to pretend it was a reaction to the beef last night and skip the guest star meal tonight. Instead, I scooped an ounce off her freshly plated front room dinner and put it on a plate for her in the office. This way there should be the same food in both rooms for her tonight.

Despite the small spit up, she still ate her two ounces plus some kibble.

I went to Target and bought her a boat. I don’t know if she’ll use it. But I keep seeing the kittens play with these on a foster’s Instagram and I’ve been looking forward to having a cat to buy these for.
7275A6C5-2393-4394-98D6-EA59B57E95C5.jpeg C3C55C81-1A48-4AE7-855F-146DF3BA0BBC.jpeg

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She finished her first whole can last night. I guess splitting it across two plates is a winning strategy. Or perhaps she’ll only eat one ounce during the day to keep the balance? 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️ Monday morning weigh in: she’s a very squirmy 9.1 lbs.