Introducing Betty White

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Geoffrey never cared for Da Bird... I tried it a while ago.. but things do change. Artie did like it for short period of time.. then, nothing..

Geoffrey is more of a ground hunter. He jumps, but not much. Yes, he does jump on top of counters, refrigerator, my kitchen cabinets... I have tons of junk on top of cabinets and refrigerator. At least I may hear him. I am afraid he will hurt himself jumping down.
He is a crazy cat! He Calls me when he is doing something wrong! as in on top of cabinets!

daftcat75 daftcat75 Glad you are seeing some good results with the Assisi loop. I wish I could afford it; but it is too expensive for me not to be able to use...
Betty has come a long way--- miles and miles away from when you first adopted her. She is definitely not the same cat.. she has improved so much with your love, and dedication... ❤

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Geoffrey never cared for Da Bird... I tried it a while ago.. but things do change. Artie did like it for short period of time.. then, nothing..

Geoffrey is more of a ground hunter. He jumps, but not much. Yes, he does jump on top of counters, refrigerator, my kitchen cabinets... I have tons of junk on top of cabinets and refrigerator. At least I may hear him. I am afraid he will hurt himself jumping down.
He is a crazy cat! He Calls me when he is doing something wrong! as in on top of cabinets!

SO adorable! Like a mountain climber who forgot his ropes! I have never even heard of “the loop” so am following this thread avidly, Go Betty!

daftcat75 daftcat75 Glad you are seeing some good results with the Assisi loop. I wish I could afford it; but it is too expensive for me not to be able to use...
Betty has come a long way--- miles and miles away from when you first adopted her. She is definitely not the same cat.. she has improved so much with your love, and dedication... ❤

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

artiemom artiemom Elvis has counter-surfed a few times, but he's not a habitual visitor there. I'm glad, too, because my roomie wouldn't like that. Right after we moved here, SOMEONE got up into the bay window in the kitchen and knocked down my pot of African violets.:sniffle:
daftcat75 daftcat75 You'd think the food would be the same from start to finish (of case) but cats, though they don't have the range of taste buds or tastes humans do (it's claimed, anyway--IDK when a cat has deigned to answer queries about this: "Purrfles, do you like that donut?"), must be extremely discerning. Here's hoping Betty will relish every can!
BIG props to you on the claw-clipping! I have those big clippers, too -- maybe I should try them. All I have to do is show Elvis the cat claw clippers and he starts backing away and protesting. :angrycat:

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I’m actually still waiting to see results on the Loop. And now, its battery is pretty much dead. It turns on for a minute or two. I decided I would still try to Loop her several times a day even if it’s not doing anything right now. That will get her and keep her familiar with the device so it’s not weird and foreign when the new Loop shows up (possibly Friday according to tracking number.)

artiemom artiemom It might be covered by insurance. I’ll let you know. Wouldn’t hurt for me to submit the claim.

I got Betty’s latest AnimalBiome report. I haven’t looked at it on PC yet where bigger screen means I can see and compare better. But first glance on the phone says the needle hasn’t moved or it’s going backwards. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Clostridium and E. coli still high despite not being symptomatic for either. 🤷🏼‍♂️

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I’m actually still waiting to see results on the Loop. And now, its battery is pretty much dead. It turns on for a minute or two. I decided I would still try to Loop her several times a day even if it’s not doing anything right now. That will get her and keep her familiar with the device so it’s not weird and foreign when the new Loop shows up (possibly Friday according to tracking number.)

artiemom artiemom It might be covered by insurance. I’ll let you know. Wouldn’t hurt for me to submit the claim.

I got Betty’s latest AnimalBiome report. I haven’t looked at it on PC yet where bigger screen means I can see and compare better. But first glance on the phone says the needle hasn’t moved or it’s going backwards. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Clostridium and E. coli still high despite not being symptomatic for either. 🤷🏼‍♂️
HOPING the Loop is covered!
And that's disappointing about the report results.Thoughts/hypotheses?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know why Betty’s gut is so stubborn. The only things I can think of is that medicine and/or the same food all the time is interfering. She’s been taking s boulardii twice a day now for many months. I have no idea why the clostridium and E. coli still remain. Thankfully, other than being a little porker, she doesn’t seem to be showing any ill signs of such imbalances. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’ll look again later. In the meantime, this is essentially a Fathers Day post to myself from Betty on my card collecting account.

She doesn’t care a lick about the cards. But she loves the binders, boxes, and time with dad. 😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know why Betty’s gut is so stubborn. The only things I can think of is that medicine and/or the same food all the time is interfering. She’s been taking s boulardii twice a day now for many months. I have no idea why the clostridium and E. coli still remain. Thankfully, other than being a little porker, she doesn’t seem to be showing any ill signs of such imbalances. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’ll look again later. In the meantime, this is essentially a Fathers Day post to myself from Betty on my card collecting account.

She doesn’t care a lick about the cards. But she loves the binders, boxes, and time with dad. 😻
That's the most important thing! ;)
Really like the post. I like when those of us who feel that way come out in public and state it. I'm the same way, although I don't see cats as surrogate kids or anything, possibly because our beloved cat was 3 when I was born and I always thought of him as my big brofur:redheartpump: :silver::redheartpump:For me, cats are equals of another species. They're family, absolutely!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loop arrived. She had a treatment last night. Another one early early this morning (“what time is it? 3am? Too early to feed you. Here’s a Loop.” And back to sleep I went.) She got a session this morning with my breakfast. There's not a breakfast or dinner I eat at home without Betty in my lap. And as long as she’s napping butt out this late morning while I prep her meds for the week, she’ll get another session before my burger and beer break.
🍑💤😹
F8C19C90-EF90-4C43-B87B-9893011714B9.jpeg

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loop arrived. She had a treatment last night. Another one early early this morning (“what time is it? 3am? Too early to feed you. Here’s a Loop.” And back to sleep I went.) She got a session this morning with my breakfast. There's not a breakfast or dinner I eat at home without Betty in my lap. And as long as she’s napping butt out this late morning while I prep her meds for the week, she’ll get another session before my burger and beer break.
🍑💤😹
View attachment 453062
There's a cat in there???
There's a cat in there.:lolup::hearthrob::cheerleader:
Wishing you and Betty a satisfying weekend doing what you both love.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a cat in there???
There's a cat in there.:lolup::hearthrob::cheerleader:
Wishing you and Betty a satisfying weekend doing what you both love.
Not sure I thought that one through getting a gray cave with a gray cat. It’s like reaching into the void and counting my fingers on their return. 😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have known cats who enjoy the occasional lap. Some even frequently partake. Others won’t resist if you lift ‘em and plop ‘em there. But Betty? She’s an always lap cat. I mean it took her three months to break that seal. But more than the caves, my lap is where she wants to be. It’s flattering. And just a little fatiguing.
🤦🏼‍♂️😹

image.jpg

Side benefit of the Loop treatments, I get a couple a day secondhand from her and the Loop in my lap. 😹

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have known cats who enjoy the occasional lap. Some even frequently partake. Others won’t resist if you lift ‘em and plop ‘em there. But Betty? She’s an always lap cat. I mean it took her three months to break that seal. But more than the caves, my lap is where she wants to be. It’s flattering. And just a little fatiguing.
🤦🏼‍♂️😹

View attachment 453108

Side benefit of the Loop treatments, I get a couple a day secondhand from her and the Loop in my lap. 😹
Betty is so cute... and loving.. such a sweetie..

I know what you mean about a true 'lap' and or 'cuddle" cat... Geoffrey is one. He is either calling me from my bedroom, which is really HIS room, for cuddles. I have to stop what I am doing to go and cuddle with him, on top of the bed.
As far as my lap: he is always wanting to lap cuddles. He is afraid of the air conditioner, so he is in my room or in his carrier, which is near me. I leave it out, and he uses it as a 'bed'..
IMG_1491.jpeg

While I love having him on my lap, my bladder is not able to handle him.. and he gets upset. But now, he knows the words: "Geffie, Uppie!!" "Uppie, Up".. and he jumps down, grumbling.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She didn’t lose weight. But she didn’t gain either. I put a few grams back into her diet (because she was weighing less eating more last year) and I played with her more consistently this week.
783D30E7-104F-4A72-ADB2-A643C21F1702.jpeg
She hangs out just outside of grabbing range and I have to try my darnedest to lead and tempt her over. I don’t know how the scale has wronged her. But she seems more and more hesitant to volunteer for a weighing. I teased her with a treat until she was in grabbing range. Then I did the deft snatch and plop. 😾 She got extra treats for her grief. 😹
9989B829-49D0-4460-948E-A81F3174600A.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good on ya for the consistent play sessions! I'm thinking Betty loves them. And it's great about the Loop-and-laptime, too. Maybe this is her ideal weight. There's "big bone structure," yunno ;)
Elvis is also a lap cat, daftcat75 daftcat75 and artiemom artiemom and I am so happy that he's a member of this club!:heartshape::petcat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her back half was twitching from the Loop stimulation (presumably) and she looked a little unsettled. But she sat through it. She must have known or sensed it was important because I keep putting this Loop on her. The exact moment the cycle ended, she flopped down like a great weight had been lifted. It was her flop that tipped me off that the cycle ended. Like Krista, I’m just going to trust that she’ll get up and walk away if it ever becomes too much for her. I have seen other instances where she simply goes back to sleep and sleeps through a cycle.
image.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her back half was twitching from the Loop stimulation (presumably) and she looked a little unsettled. But she sat through it. She must have known or sensed it was important because I keep putting this Loop on her. The exact moment the cycle ended, she flopped down like a great weight had been lifted. It was her flop that tipped me off that the cycle ended. Like Krista, I’m just going to trust that she’ll get up and walk away if it ever becomes too much for her. I have seen other instances where she simply goes back to sleep and sleeps through a cycle.
View attachment 453189
Maybe it feels like this machine the chiro used to use when I went there. It was helpful, but sort of itchy/irritating. And yeah, I knew it was helping and important. But I wanted to get away from it, too. Betty must know.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel bad for Betty this morning for the best of reasons. She woke at 11am and decided she couldn’t wait a minute longer for lunch. I tried to put her off with this thing or that (except play—we shouldve played! 🤦🏼‍♂️) But we only made it to 11:30 before I all my stalling had still yielded a plate of food for her. Then I went back into the office to finish up my Sunday morning sort of scan it or shred it. Betty returned to the office just a few moments later with the siren going off again. What? That’s what you said five minutes and a full lunch portion ago! She finished her lunch portion which she bullied me into a half hour early and now she’s got crumbs left for second pass later. 🤦🏼‍♂️ I sure hope she doesn’t wake when I return from my run before the taproom trip. Sleep it off, Betty. Then do some laps while I’m out. 😹